Bills Claim CB Tony McRae; Release WR Kaelin Clay

Nice to see this regime evaluated Clay quickly and not going to keep him around just because of the Panthers connection. Was worried he would be a pet project wasting a roster spot for multiple years like so many HC/GM's tend to do with certain players.

As for claiming another DB, this address the concerns of not carrying more than 4 on the active roster but also may be an indication that Gaines injury latest set back isn't good and might miss a game again.

Nice to see this regime evaluated Clay quickly and not going to keep him around just because of the Panthers connection. Was worried he would be a pet project wasting a roster spot for multiple years like so many HC/GM's tend to do with certain players.

As for claiming another DB, this address the concerns of not carrying more than 4 on the active roster but also may be an indication that Gaines injury latest set back isn't good and might miss a game again.

The lack of production from Clay, the emergence of DT and the need for DB's made him expendable.

Although I can't see it and hope it doesn't happen because I think he's a good player, I think the choice to release Clay at a spot we still are thin, vs. a 5th tackle in Conor McDermott reflects that Glenn is definitely in play as available. Doesn't guarantee anything, but this says something about them not wanting to cut into their depth at a position they might be trading a player from.

Although I can't see it and hope it doesn't happen because I think he's a good player, I think the choice to release Clay at a spot we still are thin, vs. a 5th tackle in Conor McDermott reflects that Glenn is definitely in play as available. Doesn't guarantee anything, but this says something about them not wanting to cut into their depth at a position they might be trading a player from.

No it doesn't at all.

It doesnt say this at all

I watched that Denver game on Sunday ticket.....the play of their tackles was horrendous. I dont think Elway wants to waste their defense on an offense so bad. I can definitely see him making a move.

I watched that Denver game on Sunday ticket.....the play of their tackles was horrendous. I dont think Elway wants to waste their defense on an offense so bad. I can definitely see him making a move.

sure

He can have Mills and Ducasse and our 7th round franchise qb pick as well

Not Glenn

actually Mills graded out pretty well past Sunday i read somewhere, by PFF perhaps?

Edited by 3rdand12

DT was a relative revelation in the passing game yesterday and made Clay so expendable. This regime loves to tinker and, based on the results, their tinkering is a very, very good thing for us fans. The weeks up to the trade deadline are going to be interesting in these parts.

DT was a relative revelation in the passing game yesterday and made Clay so expendable. This regime loves to tinker and, based on the results, their tinkering is a very, very good thing for us fans. The weeks up to the trade deadline are going to be interesting in these parts.

I rather doubt it. It'll be the usual crickets on that day I expect with the deadline only eight days away.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

getting rid of clay was a no brainer because thompson is going to pay off in spades. i said in another thread that given tt's background with dt and what they did on sunday ,i am excited to see what happens going forward. i think dt, combined with matthews and the others is going to boost this passing game beyond what any of us expected or hoped for. i think having dt on this squad can make tt a 300 yd. passer with ease on a regular basis. with dt, matthews,clay and oleary, we could turn into a nightmare.

this will make our running game lethal. i am so pumped. i think we struck a whole new gear and are really going to get this offense on fire. i am so psyched!

McDermott is for the future. I think the first to go would be Jordan Mills

Damn, you’re quick!

Even if Poyer & Gaines are good for Sunday, we’re still to thin back there.

Anybody got the skinny in this guy?

Undrafted free agent in 2016. He's a bit undersized and averaged 40 time for a CB. He was on the Baltimore Ravens roster this season before he was released. Played mostly special teams. If he's forced to play a lot of defense in the near term, the Bills are going to be struggling.