Stop linking to Buffalo News aritcles

xsoldier54

I have a theory that the mods took a payout from BN to put their pay articles on the TBD front page.

Thanks for shoving the BN down our throats. Why doesnt the D&C or WGR ever make the front page, EVER?

Money talks you corporate shills.

Interesting theory. And what about Josh from Buff News, is he the ringleader in all this?

Imo

A strange realization, the group that is adamant about not paying the 3 bucks is the same group of posters who continually vomit on the board.

It's funny how that's such a strong overlap, right? And not just the $3 specifically but the same ones that are so appalled by having to scroll past something they don't want to read are the ones that create the most unreadable content.

I have a theory that the mods took a payout from BN to put their pay articles on the TBD front page.

Thanks for shoving the BN down our throats. Why doesnt the D&C or WGR ever make the front page, EVER?

Money talks you corporate shills.

Literally, at this very moment. You just can't fake this kind of stupid.

IMG_7049.PNG

Literally, at this very moment. You just can't fake this kind of stupid.

IMG_7049.PNG

you seem to be the boss around here. Just tell me that you havent been paid by the BN to pump up thir content, and Ill chill.

And we both know by tomorrow morning the front page will be dominated by the BN. Ya got me.. for now.

Edited by Idandria

you seem to be the boss around here. Just tell me that you havent been paid by the BN to pump up thir content, and Ill chill.

And we both know by tomorrow morning the front page will be dominated by the BN. Ya got me.. for now.

Read more. Post less. I have probably stated it a half a dozen times in a half a dozen ways in this thread. The idea is so incredibly !@#$ing stupid it's hard to keep answering these ignorant accusations. I could not even get a handful of FREE subscriptions to hand out to complaining readers. Not a single one. I literally could not get them to give me something at no cost to them, let alone have them pay me.

I am blessed to be comfortably upper middle class. Whatever business model you knuckleheads could possibly come up with, I can assure you it would have absolutely no bearing on my life in anyway shape or form. Not even a little bit.

I'm normally on mobile and rarely go to the front page but.....

I always assumed it was a pretty basic aggregator and that with the BN really ramping up their coverage to justify the fee it was obviously just catching more of them because they probably put out more content then the next 2-3 competitors right now.

Read more. Post less. I have probably stated it a half a dozen times in a half a dozen ways in this thread. The idea is so incredibly !@#$ing stupid it's hard to keep answering these ignorant accusations. I could not even get a handful of FREE subscriptions to hand out to complaining readers. Not a single one. I literally could not get them to give me something at no cost to them, let alone have them pay me.

I am blessed to be comfortably upper middle class. Whatever business model you knuckleheads could possibly come up with, I can assure you it would have absolutely no bearing on my life in anyway shape or form. Not even a little bit.

thanks - Im good. Go Bills.

I'm normally on mobile and rarely go to the front page but.....

I always assumed it was a pretty basic aggregator and that with the BN really ramping up their coverage to justify the fee it was obviously just catching more of them because they probably put out more content then the next 2-3 competitors right now.

It's all done by hand by the human aggregation machine: GoBillsinDallas. 81,000 of them.

You should see the size of the kickbacks he gets from the Lasik industry.

The Era of Entitlement is upon us.

I'm not a fan of the writers at BN, so I won't pay for it, but obviously they have to keep the lights on somehow. I have had questions about the viability of brick and mortar newspaper company in this social media driven world, but it's hard to argue with the facts. If it would take a site 1000 clicks to get to a few dollars, it makes massive sense to move to a subscription model. Even if they lose a ton of readers, the remaining paying customers will generate more income.

For what it's worth, I would pay a subscription to TBD.... SDS I wonder if TBN would give you a price-break per user if you included BN access on TBD, if TBD was a pay site, or if there was a "premium" TBD option with access to more features and paywall content. Like if you charged the same $3 they do, but they gave it to you on a group-rate basis of, say $1 per user. Bladeforums.com does something similar, you can pay to be a "gold member" wherein you get better access to knife makers and suppliers, as well as being able to sell (member-to-member marketplace for tickets/memorabilia?). Just a thought. Seems like a captive audience that is already deemed itself their target market.

Regardless, message boards (this one for Bills) are the best source of info and analysis. Tons of dumb-dumbs, but a fair share of coherent, productive, and sometimes expert members of the community.

Just got on the front page and the first 15 articles are free. It's not fair that I have to scroll down so far to get to the paid content.

Seriously, though...the old design seemed to pack in more articles per square inch. Was it a conscious decision to change that?

Alright, how much money do you pay for coffee in the morning? You can't afford to pay that amount just once each month to pay a publication for articles? Unfortunately, print media is dying and is being swallowed up by social media and knee-jerk analysts. Pretty soon there will be no actual headlines, just hearsay. I have no problem paying for a publication that lets me know what's going on in my community, gives me insights on what the Sabres AND Bills are doing and can give me pretty good recommendations on good places to eat around town.

So then boycott me. :lol:

I think most have done that for years, you just to much an idiot to have figured it out!

cmon Scott. I am guessing you make at LEAST enough to pay for a BN Blitz subscription from this site, and for many people here that sounds like a big deal.

It's all done by hand by the human aggregation machine: GoBillsinDallas. 81,000 of them.

Wow, I did not know that. I figured the opposing team coverage was. GBiD, I owe ya not one, not two, but maybe even 3 beers as the front page of TBD being my landing page for close to 15 years now.

Thank You in all sincerity, much appreciated!

For the record, I would be all for SDS asking for a fund drive of sorts. We have been using this site for many years and countless friendships have been built and sustained for decades.

Agree with this. Also, for the record, I'm all for keeping every BN article at the top of the TBD news page just to spite the entitlement crowd.

For the record, I would be all for SDS asking for a fund drive of sorts. We have been using this site for many years and countless friendships have been built and sustained for decades.

Agree with this. Also, for the record, I'm all for keeping every BN article at the top of the TBD news page just to spite the entitlement crowd.

I agree with both of you.

I wouldn't spend a penny on the BN's after the years of crap I did read from Jerry and Bucky

but that being said there are those who like crap and they should have access to all the crap they want via the articles.

I now look at the link before clicking.. Easy peazy. After a few clicks you teach yourself to look before clicking

I've seen some online forums offer the elimination of ads in exchange for nominal membership "fees." They tend to be higher traffic places with a lot more ads, but it is a nice premium to offer that doesn't block any free users from accessing content.

Edit: Now that I think about it, they tend to be forums that have proprietary software, so it's probably easier for them to offer that since they do their own coding. No clue if it would even be an option with the software SDS is running/going to run.

Dear SDS,

This planted post by you served its purpose. I literally just signed up for the $3/month subscription [ed note: This is TRUE] after reading this thread. I hope the 30% cut that you get from the Buffalo News helps you gas up your TBD Maserati.

BeginnersMind

Pthpthp, the Maserati is his winter beater. You should see the Ferrari that the Mario Williams free agency thread bought him. Edited by jimmy10

I think most have done that for years, you just to much an idiot to have figured it out!

I'm pretty sure most have, too.

And why is this thread still a thing? It should have been locked, deleted, shredded, burned, and launched in to the sun pages ago.

Ah, you want others to do your homework, Sue.

Try this.

Very cool. That take a special app?

The Era of Entitlement is upon us.

I'm not a fan of the writers at BN, so I won't pay for it, but obviously they have to keep the lights on somehow. I have had questions about the viability of brick and mortar newspaper company in this social media driven world, but it's hard to argue with the facts. If it would take a site 1000 clicks to get to a few dollars, it makes massive sense to move to a subscription model. Even if they lose a ton of readers, the remaining paying customers will generate more income.

For what it's worth, I would pay a subscription to TBD.... SDS I wonder if TBN would give you a price-break per user if you included BN access on TBD, if TBD was a pay site, or if there was a "premium" TBD option with access to more features and paywall content. Like if you charged the same $3 they do, but they gave it to you on a group-rate basis of, say $1 per user. Bladeforums.com does something similar, you can pay to be a "gold member" wherein you get better access to knife makers and suppliers, as well as being able to sell (member-to-member marketplace for tickets/memorabilia?). Just a thought. Seems like a captive audience that is already deemed itself their target market.

Regardless, message boards (this one for Bills) are the best source of info and analysis. Tons of dumb-dumbs, but a fair share of coherent, productive, and sometimes expert members of the community.

Well put. I agree.

I wouldn't spend a penny on the BN's after the years of crap I did read from Jerry and Bucky

but that being said there are those who like crap and they should have access to all the crap they want via the articles.

I now look at the link before clicking.. Easy peazy. After a few clicks you teach yourself to look before clicking

At the end of the day...this. It's not the coin, I just don't care to support Jerry and crew. So I don't. I don't click on BN links and anyone who doesn't want to pay BN, for whatever reason, don't click on the link. It shouldn't take a mega thread to figure that out.

• 2 months later...