Stop linking to Buffalo News aritcles

xsoldier54

Would appreciate if the moderators would post articles from other publications that do not require you to pay to read them. There are plenty of other sources for Bills related material besides the Buffalo News. I can't read 99% of the articles on the page because you have to subscribe in order to read them. If the Buffalo News wants to require a subscription to read their material, then that's fine, it's their newspaper and their right. I just would like to continue to read articles on Two Bills Drive without having to pay to do so. Anyone else feel the same way?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It is a very fair question. This site will just shrivel and die. Who's going to come to a website for free info that requires you to pay for said free info?

Good luck twobillsdrive. It was a good run, I'll remember the laughs.

This is beyond silly by the way. At least espn insider offers the entire sports world for a subscription price. You guys (twobillsdrive owners) are chumps.

If you don't want to pay don't click. It's pretty simple.

It is a very fair question. This site will just shrivel and die. Who's going to come to a website for free info that requires you to pay for said free info?

This is beyond silly by the way. At least espn insider offers the entire sports world for a subscription price. You guys (twobillsdrive owners) are chumps.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

And what about the fans who subscribe to the Buffalo News? Should they not have their news aggregated?

"99%"... Exaggeration doesn't help make your case. 99 articles out of 100 are not from the the Bills hometown newspaper. Telling me something that isn't true isn't the way to convince me of anything. I have clearly indicated which articles are from the News and which ones are not by the lock icon preceding the titles.

If anything, you are getting some paid content for free in the quote we provide.

We have had this discussion before. The responsibility is on you to not read the article or just pay the money. It's not much to begin with. So quit yer fussin

I don't read them. That's the point. Would like to have a fan page with articles that I can actually read without paying.

What in god's name are you talking about? Yes, some people link to paid articles, some link to non-paid articles - just don't click on the pay to play links. Not that hard...

But furthermore, what makes TBD awesome is all of the Bills conversation OUTSIDE of the media. This place has been around long before linking to every article or tweet was popular and will be around after - it's about the community, not just a convenient place to find links to news sources.

:beer:

You mad bro?

There are articles from Rochester, Syracuse, Batavia, AP, WGR, WKBW......plenty of choices.....Subscribers to the News articles would want them listed as well.

How many percentage wise compared to the Buffalo News? Look at the page right now and tell me how many you see from those other papers compared to the Buffalo News..

And what about the fans who subscribe to the Buffalo News? Should they not have their news aggregated?

"99%"... Exaggeration doesn't help make your case. 99 articles out of 100 are not from the the Bills hometown newspaper. Telling me something that isn't true isn't the way to convince me of anything. I have clearly indicated which articles are from the News and which ones are not by the lock icon preceding the titles.

If anything, you are getting some paid content for free in the quote we provide.

It's just a figure of speech. Look at the page right now and tell me how many there are from other papers compared to the Buffalo News.

If they already subscribe, they can just go the Buffalo News site and read them. They don't need this one to do so. This is supposed to be a free site.

well, I'm sure they appreciate your sentiments. Do you feel like a big man now?

I don't read them. That's the point. Would like to have a fan page with articles that I can actually read without paying.

then don't read them.

It's just a figure of speech. Look at the page right now and tell me how many there are from other papers compared to the Buffalo News.

If they already subscribe, they can just go the Buffalo News site and read them. They don't need this one to do so. This is supposed to be a free site.

go start a company to break and discuss Buffalo bills news and give your content away for free. There. A solution

That's right and it's three dollars more than I am willing to pay on what is supposed to be a free site.

that settles it than you won't do it.

Did it cost you money to post this?

Did it cost you money to go to the main page?

Do you think SDS gets the subscription fee?

Sometimes I WISH this site DID cost money. It would have saved this site when BBMB was shut down.

This is my homepage on my mobile phone and I spend way more time on these boards than anywhere else on the internet. My cost? FREE

What in god's name are you talking about? Yes, some people link to paid articles, some link to non-paid articles - just don't click on the pay to play links. Not that hard...

But furthermore, what makes TBD awesome is all of the Bills conversation OUTSIDE of the media. This place has been around long before linking to every article or tweet was popular and will be around after - it's about the community, not just a convenient place to find links to news sources.

:beer:

I don't. Just look at the page. Tell me how far a user has to scroll down before finding an article that you don't have to pay to read.