Is today "Nick Folk Day" in New England?

It's a shame Folk blew so many kicks last night. It would have been great to see the "almighty" Patriots at 2-3. The Patriots were very lucky last night, but one thing is for sure, they are the most vulnerable they've been in many years (I'd say since they last missed the playoffs in 2002).

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Teams seem to implode playing the Pats, especially in primetime games.

But it's very concerning that the Pats defense looked great last night especially on a short week. Winston and Bucs offense is no joke and it was very impressive what Belichik and Patricia did to them so the league better take notice.

But it's very concerning that the Pats defense looked great last night especially on a short week. Winston and Bucs offense is no joke and it was very impressive what Belichik and Patricia did to them so the league better take notice.

On the flip side, their offense wasn't overly impressive either.

The Pats D didn't look great at all. Dropped passes, missed open receivers, and missed kicks made the defensive number look respectable but the plays were there to be made for sure. Especially in the second half.

Pats are still a good team, don't get me wrong. But the D looked average at best.

I was at the game. After each of the kicks in the 4th I thought ok its done NE is going to close the show. These are not the same Pats. I thought the illegal hands to the face was a poor call that took 7 points off the board for the Bucs. Two missed 4th quarter FGs and still Tampa had a chance to win. Ne has a lot of work to do and I think Buffalo takes em this year.

And people talk about Tyrods accuracy. Don't care what the final stat line says, Winston was hot garbage. I know his kicker sucked and his receivers dropped a few passes but he was off target all night missing and overthrowing WIDE OPEN targets. NE's D did not look any better. Martin was running it down their throat for a while. Shady will have a career day against them.

I hope Nick Folk is still with the Bucs when the Bills play them.

Look for Dan Carpenter to be the new TB kicker and EJ Manuel to be the starting Oakland QB when they play the Bills. Book it!

Edited by billsbackto81

Awful performance from the bucs.

I try not to be too hard on Zay and his drops, it seems to plague a lot of the league. Anyone see Cooks' drop in the first quarter? Wide open, right in his chest and it went right through his hands. The bucs TE dropped a very catchable TD late in the game, I believe it led to folk's missed 31 yarder.

Like Peterman said, teams seem to implode against the NE, it's so damn annoying.

And people talk about Tyrods accuracy. Don't care what the final stat line says, Winston was hot garbage. I know his kicker sucked and his receivers dropped a few passes but he was off target all night missing and overthrowing WIDE OPEN targets. NE's D did not look any better. Martin was running it down their throat for a while. Shady will have a career day against them.

Look for Dan Carpenter to be the new TB kicker and EJ Manuel to be the starting Oakland QB when they play the Bills. Book it!

On ESPN’s NFL Live, @Stephania_ESPN reported that Raiders QB Derek Carr has improved and could play as early as next week vs Chargers.

NE D gave up 409 total yards. 319 passing 90 rushing. 26 1st downs. Seems vulnerable to me.

-----------------

What are you talking about? Listen to the press conferences and read some articles. They buttoned everything up and Gilmore was fantastic!! (Sarcasm included)

I would not say great. Their defense was solid most of the game but that seemed to be in part because Tampa was afraid to take shots down field. As soon as they opened things up in the 4th quarter, the defense started softening up and giving chunk plays like they had all year. Tampa SHOULD have won that game last night.

-----------------

What are you talking about? Listen to the press conferences and read some articles. They buttoned everything up and Gilmore was fantastic!! (Sarcasm included)

Did you see Gilmore try and tackle without using his arms again? Joke, an his supposed bounce back night was because the coaches had him play zone.

I thought Winton looked absolutely horrible in that game, like what is all the fuss about with this guy?

I agree with the OP that the Pats have never looked so beatable.

Well, not in the Tom Brady era at least.

I was at the game. After each of the kicks in the 4th I thought ok its done NE is going to close the show. These are not the same Pats. I thought the illegal hands to the face was a poor call that took 7 points off the board for the Bucs. Two missed 4th quarter FGs and still Tampa had a chance to win. Ne has a lot of work to do and I think Buffalo takes em this year.

I'm with you on this!! Time to end the dynasty and put Brady and Billychicks in the grave.

NE D gave up 409 total yards. 319 passing 90 rushing. 26 1st downs. Seems vulnerable to me.

-----------------

I mean - watching the game those numbers seem ridiculously high. They couldn't move the ball until the 4th quarter. Seemed like they were punting constantly, and couldn't convert 3rd downs all game. I still think they lose that game if he makes all 3 FGs btw.... no way the play calling stays as vanilla in Tampa territory if they aren't leading.

Edited by dneveu

It's a shame Folk blew so many kicks last night. It would have been great to see the "almighty" Patriots at 2-3. The Patriots were very lucky last night, but one thing is for sure, they are the most vulnerable they've been in many years (I'd say since they last went 7-9 in 2002).

It looked like 2 average teams playing last night. All in all, I couldn't help feeling that our "tough schedule" is not looking as daunting as we all thought. Mia, Jets, NE, TB, SD and NO all look winnable as does the Oak game , possibly without their QB. The only team that looks better than I thought is NO. Of course, we won't win them all but I no longer have any games on our schedule labeled as a sure loss. KC & NE, both on the road, will be our toughest games. Our ascent, accompanied by the regression of some of our foes, presents at least a little rosier picture. Go Bills.

could very well have been us the past 2 games. 55 and 56 yarders are not gimmes. Hauschka is kicking unreal so far. hopefully he can keep it up. when you play tight games because your offense can't score TD's then the kicker becomes that much more important

It's a shame Folk blew so many kicks last night. It would have been great to see the "almighty" Patriots at 2-3. The Patriots were very lucky last night, but one thing is for sure, they are the most vulnerable they've been in many years (I'd say since they last went 7-9 in 2002).

This times 1000. Every kick I just felt certain he would miss, and he did. How can a team not find a usable kicker? I mean Folk missed multiple kicks last week and almost cost them the game until he finally hit a game winner. Total liability...I mean Carpenter would be better, don't know why they don't call him or a number of guys better than Folk.

The encouraging thing is certainly that the Pats are nothing like what people feared they would be, at least not yet. BB and Brady are so good that I still am not convinced that the Pats will be this vulnerable all year. They have a lot of new parts, so still lot of the season left for them to dial it in and unfortunately both our games against them are in the 2nd half of the season.

But, so far, they have proven to be VERY beatable and honestly are really close to being a one win team right now. They narrowly escaped Houston and should have lost last night. Instead they are 3-2 making this Bengals game all that more important for us to stay ahead of them.

Edited by Alphadawg7

It looked like 2 average teams playing last night. All in all, I couldn't help feeling that our "tough schedule" is not looking as daunting as we all thought. Mia, Jets, NE, TB, SD and NO all look winnable as does the Oak game , possibly without their QB. The only team that looks better than I thought is NO. Of course, we won't win them all but I no longer have any games on our schedule labeled as a sure loss. KC & NE, both on the road, will be our toughest games. Our ascent, accompanied by the regression of some of our foes, presents at least a little rosier picture. Go Bills.

+1

Going into the season, I thought NE and Oak (with a healthy Derek Carr) would be the top 2 teams in the AFC. Now it looks like KC followed by the Bills.

+1

Going into the season, I thought NE and Oak (with a healthy Derek Carr) would be the top 2 teams in the AFC. Now it looks like KC followed by the Bills.

Until the Bills show they can beat the Pats ( with Tom Brady) in a game that matters, the Pats are a better team .

This times 1000. Every kick I just felt certain he would miss, and he did. How can a team not find a usable kicker? I mean Folk missed multiple kicks last week and almost cost them the game until he finally hit a game winner. Total liability...I mean Carpenter would be better, don't know why they don't call him or a number of guys better than Folk.

The encouraging thing is certainly that the Pats are nothing like what people feared they would be, at least not yet. BB and Brady are so good that I still am not convinced that the Pats will be this vulnerable all year. They have a lot of new parts, so still lot of the season left for them to dial it in and unfortunately both our games against them are in the 2nd half of the season.

But, so far, they have proven to be VERY beatable and honestly are really close to being a one win team right now. They narrowly escaped Houston and should have lost last night. Instead they are 3-2 making this Bengals game all that more important for us to stay ahead of them.

Agreed 100% The Pats have always been slow starters so there's still time for them to turn it around, but I hope it doesn't happen and they continue to look like an average team the rest of the way.

Until the Bills show they can beat the Pats ( with Tom Brady) in a game that matters, the Pats are a better team .

Agreed. Until we beat them, the Pats should still be favored to win the division. Be nice to see their AFC East division streak come to an end by the Bills this year.

I thought the Pats defense looked mediocre at best and still had issues in the secondary. The Bucs WRs dropped balls that should have been caught, and Winston was inaccurate even when he wasn't rushed. The D looked far from great, they could have been carved up for well over 400 yards if the Bucs had hands.

I thought the Pats defense looked mediocre at best and still had issues in the secondary. The Bucs WRs dropped balls that should have been caught, and Winston was inaccurate even when he wasn't rushed. The D looked far from great, they could have been carved up for well over 400 yards if the Bucs had hands.

Yeah, the Bucs offense has not been close to living up to their potential or expectations. Winston still makes a lot of bad throws, slow on his decision making, and is struggling with accuracy. And the very talented WR group hasn't been as good as they should either. Felt the defense last night was more about the Bucs inability to consistently execute more than it was about the Pats D improving.

I am hoping our team watched that game last and realized there is a REALLY BIG opportunity for the Bills to win this division this year and it keeps them laser focused and determined to beat Cincy because while they are very beatable, they are still dangerous offensively.

I did not think their defense looked all that impressive. I thought Jamies looked way off...like he wasn't really prepared. Also, the playcaller went away from the run way too often.

Why is the offense no joke? They went into the game scoring an average of 23.6 ppg and that includes a 29 point game against the 27th ranked defense in points against. How is Winston no joke. Against Chicago he had 1 TD. Against Minn he had 2 TDs 3 INTs. He had a good game against the Giants with 3 TDs. Sure he put up some yards, but they were all against average to below average passing defenses.

Maybe he and they are awesome and I just don't know it. Ive only seen the one game last night and he was terrible.

Edited by Scott7975

100% right with you here as well. The rose colored glasses are in full affect for way to many Bills fan after back to back wins.

We have such a long way to go still with basically zero depth.

I prefer to keep my **** in check until we beat teams we should win against consistently through the year.

CINCY = your up

Edited by Real McCoy