Stephon Gilmore is Trending

Half of Rex's playbook was zone--lots of Cover 6, but mixed in 2/3/4 as well.

to the average fan that doesn't say much but it's huge. A cover 6 vs a cover 2? Tell me when anyone ever trusted Gilmore to take deep coverage on a speed WR without safety help and how it worked out?

Gilmore is a press corner who can cover in many schemes. But cover 5 and 6 are not one of them. Cover 3 is not easy, either.

He could look like Revis when he has a safety to rely on. But he can look like old man cromartie when he didn't

Sadly, I haven't been in to the X's and O's since marrone and didn't watch much the last few years or this. I'd be curious to watch some all22 but just can't get interested

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NoraPrinciotti

Stephon Gilmore, Eric Rowe, Harvey Langi absent from #Patriots practice. Elandon Roberts was there, but he also was yesterday when he DNP.

@BenVolin

Ben Volin Retweeted Nora Princiotti

Starting to look like the Patriots won't have either Gilmore or Rowe on Sunday night to cover Julio Jones. That's .... not ideal

@NoraPrinciotti

Stephon Gilmore, Eric Rowe, Harvey Langi absent from #Patriots practice. Elandon Roberts was there, but he also was yesterday when he DNP.

@BenVolin

Ben Volin Retweeted Nora Princiotti

Starting to look like the Patriots won't have either Gilmore or Rowe on Sunday night to cover Julio Jones. That's .... not ideal

Might actually benefit them

Gilmore will be traded in the off season

Gilmore learned a lot from Dareus. Get drafted high and then make yourself undesirable enough to not be cut or traded based on contract position. Then just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Good morning class. I'm your new teacher. You can call me Mr. Williams, Mario for short.

Gilmore sucks is BFF. Buffalo Fan Fiction.

On a whole the Pats* Defense has issues.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4807086/patriots-are-first-team-to-ever-allow-a-300-yard-passer-in-six-straight-games

300 yard passing yards in 6 straight games.

For those keeping count. That is every game this season.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4807086/patriots-are-first-team-to-ever-allow-a-300-yard-passer-in-six-straight-games

Yea. Consecutive 300 yards passing games cause Gilmore is giving up 299 of those yards.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/stephon-gilmore/7016

Gilmore is one of the highest paid CB's, but is grading out as below average at the #63 CB right now.

That's weird, the media told me he was the best corner ever and the pats made us look silly.

it's not that, it's that a Bills DB gets a rave review as the best FA coming up (for some reason)

this isn't the first time in the last 15 years

Doubt it.

He won't be traded because of the cap hit, then again the Pats have tons of that, no?

I speculated that he will not be a starter by the end of the season. I stand by this prediction. It is just my respectful opinion that he was never as good as the consensus here purported him to be, and certainly not worthy of a top 10 pick in a draft.

Mario had some great games. I think your statement is a bit unfair.

Agreed.

Gilmore will miss his second straight game. Rowe will miss his third after injuring his groin Oct. 1 against the Carolina Panthers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/stephon-gilmore/7016

Gilmore is one of the highest paid CB's, but is grading out as below average at the #63 CB right now.

Gilmore doesnt suck. Hes just not that great.

Yes NE made a mistake paying too much.

Of course he had some good games, there is no denying that.

Once Rex showed up he quit on the team. It was a mistake to keep him around. A veteran with that amount of success can easily become a cancer when given the ability to influence younger guys who admire him for his past success.

Gilmore will miss his second straight game. Rowe will miss his third after injuring his groin Oct. 1 against the Carolina Panthers.

Gilmore doesnt suck. Hes just not that great.

Yes NE made a mistake paying too much.

I'm not saying he sucks. He is looking like the same old Gilmore even after getting his $60,000,000. It's the same Gilmore we saw here with the mental lapses in coverage. It's looking like they paid top tier money for an average CB. Glad they did :thumbsup:

Whatever happened to Mario? Did he retire this offseason? If not, how is he not on any team this year? I realize he's up there in years and hasn't had a good season lately, but it would seem like under the right conditions someone would take a chance on him.

Watch NE look great tonight on D. Belichik has always been a system guy. He thought Gilmore could learn his system. I am sure Gilmore said ' I will do anything you need, I just want to win'. Now Gilmore isn't 'buying' in and the secondary is hurting. If the secondary plays better tonight without him it will be interesting to see what Belichik does.

Never like to see any player injured for any team. But if an injury must hurt some team, it might as well be the Pats!

are you kidding? I'd love to see Tom Brady critically injured off the field, of course. A medical mishap in a botched prostate exam would be super!

@albertbreer

Also in the GP! Pats DBs knew they were the prob. And they're fixing it. ...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/26/week-8-minnesota-vikings-mike-zimmer-quarterbacks-sam-bradford-case-keenum-teddy-bridgewater

We were giving up wide open touchdowns, guys were running scot free, Harmon said. We cant do this anymore. Were too talented. Were too good. We cant cost our team games like this, and especially home games . . . It wasnt Patriot football. We had to look in the mirror, figure out what the problem was, and we started to change it.

One interesting caveat to all this is that Gilmore, an uncharacteristic Patriot free-agent splurge due to make $32 million combined in 2017 and 18missed the teams last two games as the secondary corrected its problem. His reentry into the lineup, given his culpability in the previous problems, bears watching.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Never like to see any player injured for any team. But if an injury must hurt some team, it might as well be the Pats!

To paraphrase Mark Twain, "I've never wished for a player to get hurt, but I have taken pleasure in reading certain injury reports."

@albertbreer

Also in the GP! Pats DBs knew they were the prob. And they're fixing it. ...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/26/week-8-minnesota-vikings-mike-zimmer-quarterbacks-sam-bradford-case-keenum-teddy-bridgewater

I have a feeling NE will be taking San Diego a little lightly...hoping they struggle in this game.