Stephon Gilmore is Trending

Couldn't be happening to a nicer guy.

I never thought he was worth the money he was going to demand similar to that of Watkins.

These will be 2 decisions that I believe we will look back at and thank the FO for making.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine. I give out plenty of brownie points and you are going on a diet.

He sucks. He has always sucked. BB can't hide him in a zone.

Still one of the best posters, and I will continue to pump up guys who give good insight. No hard feelings.

I'd encourage anyone going wild on me to look back at the thread I created which detailed how BB's attempt at ensuring another championship could hasten their demise. Everything has fallen as I mentioned.

I'm not all about patting my own back but seeing the Pats and BB come up flat is tooooooo much to ignore.

How about Glennon though?

How about Glennon though?

I don't know if we want to go through the history we should probably start long before that? Right? How about calling the 16' draft as it was? How about being first man in love with Tre? Self admitted LSU lover? Shall we continue?

Yeah Glennon lost Meridith and White and between dropped balls and his own lack of confidence he has sucked. He isn't a guy that can make plays on his own and I would never dispute that. Find me a playmaker on that O.

That's fine. I give out plenty of brownie points and you are going on a diet.

He sucks. He has always sucked. BB can't hide him in a zone.

Still one of the best posters, and I will continue to pump up guys who give good insight. No hard feelings.

I'd encourage anyone going wild on me to look back at the thread I created which detailed how BB's attempt at ensuring another championship could hasten their demise. Everything has fallen as I mentioned.

I'm not all about patting my own back but seeing the Pats and BB come up flat is tooooooo much to ignore.

1 - he hasn't always sucked. He's made enough plays over the years in buffalo to catch BB's attention BUT..

2 - the rest of you points are valid. Gilmore has problems mental mistakes that make him a liability in man to man and he's not accustomed enough to turn into a great zone corner either. So whatever, BB's loss, our gain. He was WAY overpaid

I don't know if we want to go through the history we should probably start long before that? Right? How about calling the 16' draft as it was? How about being first man in love with Tre? Self admitted LSU lover? Shall we continue?

Yeah Glennon lost Meridith and White and between dropped balls and his own lack of confidence he has sucked. He isn't a guy that can make plays on his own and I would never dispute that. Find me a playmaker on that O.

I was just busting your chops

I was just busting your chops

Fair game. I'm not an in your face type of guy and the best defense of GILLY came from the better posters on the board. Just keeping it current, I still love those guys all the same. This is hands down the best place for informative debates Bills/NFL discussion.

Gilmore is just an example of how deceiving stats can be, not how good/bad posters are.

Edited by Commonsense

My one buddy who is a Pats fan just sent me the following text:

"Gilmore sucks."

I could have told him that long ago.

Show me then.

Oh, you can't. Probably because that hyperbole is ridiculous.

Gilmore blows. Go away.

Edited by inaugural balls

haah. he actually was pointing at people. Classic. White is much better already than Gillmore ever was. Well, Gillmore is going to be upset when he sees a Bills corner (White) on the NFL highlight shows tonight.

Gilmore will be in the highlight show, too.

You were a big time Gilmore guy . Where do you stand now on him?

I hope he gets burned nonstop :lol:

Seriously though, I think he's a very good corner that suffers from a lack of awareness on too many occasions.

If you're asking him to do more than cover a man or an area of the field, he's going to have his limitations.

To be fair, I wanted Gilmore back. He is a *good* CB. It is more the pity that he wanted to be paid as an *elite* CB, with all those expectations.

"Remember last season when Gilmore was pointing at a wide open Hogan scoring a touchdown and blaming the rest of his secondary? I'm starting to think that wasn't the secondary's fault. This guy points at who he's supposed to be covering from 10 yards behind on every big play. He is terrible.

The Bills finally got one over on us. He's so bad I wouldn't be surprised if he was sent here by the Pegula's to corrupt our team from the inside."

-from Patriots' forum

It's delicious.

no chill!

Zero chill

Seriously though, I think he's a very good corner that suffers from a lack of awareness on too many occasions.

If you're asking him to do more than cover a man or an area of the field, he's going to have his limitations.

i am with you. He has surprised me with how he appears to be doing more of his bad tendencies.

Love seeing any Pats player perform poorly!

Gilmore getting killed in Boston Globe. Nice! Washington Post also has a pretty in-depth article saying the big problem with Cheats defense is that teams have figured out how to beat the hooded one's scheme (Google "Patriots Defense" and hit the news drop down). Not even the great Belichek is immune from press attack. What a day.

When the headline is "Stephon Gilmore, Patriots' secondary fizzle out in loss to Panthers" on the front page of ESPN...

trollface.jpg?1296494117

This.

Most players would have stopped working, thinking it was a forward incomplete pass.

Most players, all the announcers, half the officials, James Brown, the Energizer Bunny....

I've been talking about his lack of awareness for quite some time.

I've been talking about his lack of awareness for quite some time.

Yeah, it's been a problem for a few years. It's been talked about pretty consistently on this board; by far his biggest issue. Though IMO it's never kept him from being a very good player.

It has, however, kept him from being the best he's capable of being.

trollface.jpg?1296494117

Most players, all the announcers, half the officials, James Brown, the Energizer Bunny....

I think that's why the ref gave us the call. Lawyers are the laziest. Probably thought: "Kid fooled us all... Just give it to him."

BTW... I did think Ryan tried to "sell" that fumble. Slow it down. You see the ball come loose and go sideways in his hand for a split second. The replay was absolutely perfect catch of that play.