Buy Stock / Sell Stock / Hold Stock: Week 2

boyst

Good topic Boyst!!

Buy - Poyer, he is better than I thought. It looked like he can make plays in run support and the passing game. It's hard to judge someone from the Browns.

Sell- Tolbert, he cannot be a sustainable 2nd back on this team. He's too limited.

Hold - Zay, he struggled in game one but think that you will see some adjustments. He's been a successful receiver. I'm setting the o/u for this week at 5 catches and 70 yards.

Buy - Tre White this kid already looks like a pro also really like Hyde & Poyer

Sell - Andre Holmes & Mike Tolbert yea they had a TD but they don't offer anything between the 20's

Hold - the right side of the oline they need to pick it up in the running game

Edited by Bronxbomber21

Buy - call me an idiot but I'm buying stock in Tyrod. Long-time critic of the guy but I was encouraged by Sunday.

Sell - like many others, sell Tolbert. JWill can run stretch, all I'm saying.

Hold - John Miller. Rough first outing for him but I've said all preseason that messing with continuity was the wrong decision. He'll come good.

buy-poyer. guy was all over the place it seemed.

sell-calling plays bouncing tolbert outside. north only.

hold- matthews. i'm looking for him and tyrod to get some chemistry and see more of those catch and run big plays

Yes. Poyer is a pleasant surprise, Tolbert's strength is running between the tackles. Let Shady handle the outside runs. I see potential in Matthews once he and TT develops chemistry.

Even without a playoff berth, we're going to be better than many people think this season

Buy: Tolbert - the guy doesn't call his own plays, but when they use him right (North/South and pass catching) he gets the job done; plus, he's willing to get stitches

Sell: Dareus - was going to go Clay, but he's not playing bad, just below his pay grade; Dareus isn't playing bad either, but he's playing further below a higher pay grade than Clay; understand the snap count was a game plan thing, but would probably cringe at his $/play income

Hold: Hauschka - that FG was u-g-l-y and had no alibi, but he's got a solid resume and looked good on KOs

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

Buy - Jordan Matthews is a number one who can help this Bills team.

Sell - The Buffalo Bills are the worst 1-0 team in all of football and many winless teams deserve to be in front of them.

Hold - Tyrod seems better, but still appears to have an issue concerning seeing the open play.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Buy - SHADY. IF this guy stays healthy he could have close to 2000 all purpose yards, realistically 1800+ or so. i say IF because that's a big work load for a 29 yr old back who has already had a ton of carries in his career. but they want to feed him the rock and if he stays on the field he will put up some stats and now he has the incentives to do it $$$

Sell - Tyrod, no way he keeps up this kind of pace. his WR's aren't that great and teams will learn to take away the TE if they continue to go there. he is who he is and he can still hurt you with his legs but he's not going to throw down the field in the 2 min drill to win you games.

Hold - Hughes looked fast and was getting in the backfield but they were throwing the ball quick to take away the pass rush so he wasn't able to get to the QB. if a team doesn't employ the same kind of strategy, he's going to get there. so let's not knock him for not having any sacks in a while. it's not due to lack of effort

Buy - Humber, he is working hard but still very raw and looked poor at times

Sell - Tolbert, no ability to change pace

Hold - Wood, was playing harder than the last 3 years I've seen.

Tolbert was responsible for 3 first downs and a TD. I think running him east/west at the goal line and running him nine times on 1st and 10 with TT under center didn't help him out.

Surprised by the toldozer hate going on here, I have actually been impressed by him as he seems to offer more than I thought he did when we signed him

Sorry, Bray, I think you're misunderstanding "Sell" (or maybe I am!). what people mean is they don't want or are getting rid of the concept that Tolbert isn't any good. They don't want that in their portfolio.

Get rid of that investment that says "Tolbert can't do things".

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Sorry, Bray, I think you're misunderstanding "Sell" (or maybe I am!). what people mean is they don't want or are getting rid of the concept that Tolbert isn't any good. They don't want that in their portfolio.

Get rid of that investment that says "Tolbert can't do things".

I am taking it as Sell as in get rid of this guy, so if that is not what was meant some clarification would be nice

Based on other posts it seems I may not be the only one

Edited by Bray Wyatt

Buy- Kyle, no slowdown from KW.

Sell- Poyer, his stock can't get any higher!

Hold- Dawkins, he's the future on the right side

I almost sold poyer for that reason but want to wait until this weekend

I am taking it as Sell as in get rid of this guy, so if that is not what was meant some clarification would be nice

Based on other posts it seems I may not be the only one

it's stock. If you would invest your portfolio $$ to him do so - say why if you'd like.

Similar to Tesla mentioned, they're not doing so great with this overextension and a market is there to buy them. Doesn't mean they're bad but you're selling them because maybe you don't believe in them or just want to maximize your profit before it tanks

Tolbert was responsible for 3 first downs and a TD. I think running him east/west at the goal line and running him nine times on 1st and 10 with TT under center didn't help him out.

I'm selling him because his stock won't get any higher

Buy - Tre White, those were some experienced plays. That breakup on the fade was a big boy play

Sell - I would say Wood. I liked what I saw from Groy last year and think he can do the job just as well and for much cheaper. I would sell Wood while his stock is still up. (Don't trade him please football gods this is all hypothetical! :bag: )

Hold - TT, I guess I'm just uneducated but I see a guy who continues to improve, takes care of the ball and did several of things people said he couldn't during this last game (throw to the te, throw over the middle, hang in the pocket) as well as the electric plays we know (scrambling for first down on 3rd, that strike to Mathews).

I almost sold poyer for that reason but want to wait until this weekend

it's stock. If you would invest your portfolio $$ to him do so - say why if you'd like.

Similar to Tesla mentioned, they're not doing so great with this overextension and a market is there to buy them. Doesn't mean they're bad but you're selling them because maybe you don't believe in them or just want to maximize your profit before it tanks

I'm selling him because his stock won't get any higher

Ah ok that makes more sense then, yes Tolberts stock is high and may have peaked or is certainly close to peak. So now knowing that I can do mine:

Buy - Hyde, the others I believe will come back down to earth next week (Poyer, Humber), and imo this guys value to our defense will be shown over the coming weeks and will continue to steadily climb.

Sell - Humber, I just don't see him keeping up his level of play like this last week, plus we even signed a LB this week, which tells me the coaches see something that tells them that as well

Hold - Hughes, that quick passing game didn't allow for stacks but he would collapse the pocket and he can still speed rush. Plus he is donating money for his sacks this year to the Harvey victims so I suspect him to put in full effort to help his city/hometown

Buy - Poyer and Hyde. Those two look like they could be a great safety tandem, and are a pleasant surprise at a position we all thought would be quite weak.

Sell - Dareus. Dude looks disinterested and disillusioned with the Bills organization. He needs to play harder, because when he does he is a true difference maker.

Hold - Tyrod Taylor. For now. He's about the same as he has been the last two years, except getting Clay more involved and throwing the ball away when needed. But that was just one game.

Buy - Humber, he is working hard but still very raw and looked poor at times

Sell - Tolbert, no ability to change pace

Hold - Wood, was playing harder than the last 3 years I've seen.

Like this thread...

Buy - Poyer/Hyde - The new safety Duo was making plays all over the field. Haven't seen play like that in a long time, and while it was the Jets, it just looked to be a level we havent had in a long time.

Sell - Mills - Saw something that said he was one of the better graded OG week 1. Seen too much bad from him to buy into a single week performance.

Hold - CB's - Still concerned about our 2 corners when we face better opposition even though it was a good start week 1. Love Tre, but he is still young and untested, so I expect growing pains as I would from any rookie. Gaines also is living up to his reputation of being fragile, so concerned about our depth if he can't stay on the field.

Buy: Shady and Tolbert Duo. Every nice pair that complement each other styles.

Hold: Clay. Obvious to anyone with eyes that he will be a major part of the offense but needs to stop dropping the ball.

Sell: LB core. Solid tackling but quality QBs are going to pick this unit apart especially if the front 4 continue not getting pressure.

Like this thread...

Buy - Poyer/Hyde - The new safety Duo was making plays all over the field. Haven't seen play like that in a long time, and while it was the Jets, it just looked to be a level we havent had in a long time.

Sell - Mills - Saw something that said he was one of the better graded OG week 1. Seen too much bad from him to buy into a single week performance.

Hold - CB's - Still concerned about our 2 corners when we face better opposition even though it was a good start week 1. Love Tre, but he is still young and untested, so I expect growing pains as I would from any rookie. Gaines also is living up to his reputation of being fragile, so concerned about our depth if he can't stay on the field.

gonna do this every week

Buy- Charles Clay, if they can finally find mismatches for him all over the field he could be a huge factor in the win/loss column.

Sell- Marcell Dareus, he looked barely noticeable, fat, slow and lazy, seeing that after all his eff ups was very discouraging, I truly think if this guy doesn't get his act together he'll be gone which is a shame.

Hold- Tyrod Taylor, He played possibly the worst team in football and only managed 224 yards passing, I get that they didn't need him to do more than that to win but he has yet to show that he can win a game with his arm which he will need to do at some point in the season and quite possibly this game against the Panthers.

Buy: Darcell Mareus, he is going to hit the stat sheet this Sunday buy shares when everyone else is selling!

Sell: Humber. He was flying around everywhere and out of position numerous times but he had the benefit of playing against the Jets. Sell while it's high.

Hold: Clay. Looks like he will be heavily involved in the offense and a break out game is just one more bad defense away.

Buy: DB's - I think they have a good thing going

Sell: Wood, Miller and Mills - I think the middle to right side of the line is in for a long afternoon

Hold: Defensive Line - will get some pressure but not as much as we'd like but they'll hold it down and stuff the run

I think all the Tolbert hate is foolish.

First, he's on the team because McD wanted a great veteran presence. Tolbert brings that.

Second, did you know that Tolbert is currently 21at in the league in rushing yards per attempt. That means that he's gaining more yards per attempt than 10 or 15 STARTERS in the league, and you're complaining about him. (By the way, McCoy is fourth and Taylor is sixth, so the Bills have three of the top 21 rushers in yards per attempt.

Maybe it's time to focus on something that matters.

First, he's on the team because McD wanted a great veteran presence. Tolbert brings that.

Second, did you know that Tolbert is currently 21at in the league in rushing yards per attempt. That means that he's gaining more yards per attempt than 10 or 15 STARTERS in the league, and you're complaining about him. (By the way, McCoy is fourth and Taylor is sixth, so the Bills have three of the top 21 rushers in yards per attempt.

I don't think it's a coincidence that those who were on team Jwill are the same ones who are down on Tolbert, but I digress.

What a weird stat to brag about after one game. I'm not even on the Tolbert hate wagon, but that argument is ridiculous.

And the Bills also lead the NFL the last 2 years in YPC so not hard to see that continue.

I don't get the Tolbert hate either...hes like a poor mans Christian Okoye out there, and that is a great compliment to shifty McCoy. I liked the signing and I have liked what I have seen from him as well so far.

I was surprised we cut JWill, and I would have preferred we kept both him and Tolbert just to have someone I felt good about if McCoy got dinged up as the kid had what I thought was a good preseason.

Edited by Alphadawg7

The post could have stopped at veteran leadership.

12 carries 42 yards for a 3.5 YPC. How are you going to use that amount of carries and compare him against other running backs? How is 3.5 YPC a measure of success?

The coaching staff should keep him running straight ahead and try to limit his amount of carries. He looked good in that role.

Heck Trent Richardson ran for 3.6 YPC for an entire season and if all those GIF clips tell us anything, he ran with his eyes closed.

Edited by Commonsense