Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/09/qb_coach_david_culley_says_buffalo_bills_cant_wait_to_unleash_tyrod_taylor.html

The offense will not look like it has in preseason. Book it.

Highlights:

That's all going to change Sunday, according to Culley.

"He can't wait to unleash it," Culley said. "And let me tell you this, we can't wait to unleash him. We're excited about Sunday with him. He can't wait. Again, talking about the preseason and maybe his struggles, we never saw it like that. We saw him as he's trying to get better at things. He's still learning a different offense. He's still learning how to be more comfortable in the pocket, and he did all that stuff. So we're comfortable with the fact that he's going through the process. Now, I would have liked for him to have not had a concussion against Baltimore and played into the third quarter, but that didn't happen. It is what it is."

"But he was doing exactly during the preseason what we wanted him to do. Now that we're into the regular season, we just want him to be himself. These were just things that we wanted to work on to get better at. You play the game the way you play the game. He's an intelligent enough kid that he knows who he is, he knows what he is. Those things that we want to get him to improve on, he has worked tremendously to do that."

"Defenses don't want him to use his feet," Culley said. "He hasn't used it a whole lot during the preseason. That's been intentional. Now, you'll just see him be what he naturally does. We hope that's what he continues to do."

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope so. But why get rid of Watkins. His deep ball is one of the best in the NFL.

I know it's a tough decision to accept but I do trust McBeane on this. Sammy did not fit the culture they're trying to build. He complained publicly to the media about his targets and talked about raising the bar for receiver contracts. That's not the type of player McBeane wants here and he has injury issues that are possibly going to creep up again.

We're going to play ball like KC did yesterday I'm guessing. Run the ball, short passes, go deep a couple times a game. It is a recipe for success and we save a ton of cap space since we don't have to pay Sammy that money. Depending on how Jordan Matthews and Zay Jones do I think Tyrod will be fine.

I know it's a tough decision to accept but I do trust McBeane on this. Sammy did not fit the culture they're trying to build. He complained publicly to the media about his targets and talked about raising the bar for receiver contracts. That's not the type of player McBeane wants here and he has injury issues that are possibly going to creep up again.

We're going to play ball like KC did yesterday I'm guessing. Run the ball, short passes, go deep a couple times a game. It is a recipe for success and we save a ton of cap space since we don't have to pay Sammy that money. Depending on how Jordan Matthews and Zay Jones do I think Tyrod will be fine.

The Chiefs only ran the ball 27 times (and that's including Smith's scrambles) versus having 35 pass attempts. We are not going to do that in any way shape or form, or we will lose every game we play.

I've been crossing my fingers all preseason, hoping this would be the case.

We should know for sure on Sunday.

The offense we saw during August does not fit Tyrod Taylor's strengths.

If this article rings true, the Bills were forcing Taylor to work on his areas of weakness during the preseason. They were forcing him to work under center, because he struggles there. They were forcing him to stay in the pocket, because they didn't want him scrambling.

The Chiefs only ran the ball 27 times (and that's including Smith's scrambles) versus having 35 pass attempts. We are not going to do that in any way shape or form, or we will lose every game we play.

I expect us to pass the ball more than people expect. Well still be a running team primarily but I think the percentages will get back to over 50% passing. Could be wrong but that's my perception of things based on this coaching staff.

This isn't news. It was obvious in preseason to anyone that has a clue that they were working on stuff. He will play football this week. He will move around and try to be a playmaker. The hope was to clean up some fundamentals without sacrificing his playmaking ability (just sacrificing his playmakers). They took the preseason to try to clean that up.

This isn't news. It was obvious in preseason to anyone that has a clue that they were working on stuff. He will play football this week. He will move around and try to be a playmaker. The hope was to clean up some fundamentals without sacrificing his playmaking ability (just sacrificing his playmakers). They took the preseason to try to clean that up.

True but it's still good to get confirmation from the QB coach.

Maybe he'll be picked for his third pro bowl in a row.

Cue the hate......

The dude was an alternate. There were people voted in ahead of him. They either couldn't or chose not to play, in turn he finally got the nod.

Moreover, who the ef even cares about the Pro Bowl anymore?

The dude was an alternate. There were people voted in ahead of him. They either couldn't or chose not to play, in turn he finally got the nod.

Moreover, who the ef even cares about the Pro Bowl anymore?

Cue the hate and the hate thou cometh.

1. Did i say he wasnt an alternate? He was selected to the pro bowl consecutive years. Fact.

2. There are 32 starting QB's in the NFL. Any of those 32 coulda been alternates. Theres a reason they werent and he was. You're surely bright enough to figure that one out on your own.

3. Caring about the pro bowl is irrelevant to the discussion.

I expect us to pass the ball more than people expect. Well still be a running team primarily but I think the percentages will get back to over 50% passing. Could be wrong but that's my perception of things based on this coaching staff.

IMO we're going to be like the 2011&2012 Texans that he coached to success, they won their division two years in a row and did it with Delhomme and Schaub at QB. They had a dynamic back in Foster and ran him at a very high rate while having a relatively conservative passing game. If I had to guess I'd say that's what they're shooting for this year with McCoy and Taylor.

Someone needs to go too the bar in Lackawana and get Doug Whaley's on the record opinion. I am skeptical.

A dismal failure.

Year 7 and he is still learning how to be comfortable in the pocket? I'd love for him to be the guy long term but I just don't see it.

This

Can't wait to see the defense play some defense.

Not relevant to TT.

Good read. Thanks for sharing.

I can't wait for Sunday!!

I am really pulling for Tyrod to play well. I knew what we were seeing in preseason wasn't the offense. They were working on specific little sets of plays each preseason game. Very anxious to see what this offense truly looks like. Hopefully execution will be at a good level. Sucks that TT didn't get to play much in preseason again. We seen what happened last season when Rex was too scared of injury to play any of the starters. It took TT and the offense a couple of games to get in sync. Hope that doesn't happen this year.

...,so then is it safe to assume that the logical flip side to this proclamation is that he has been "held back" or perhaps "harnessed" up to this point?.......one would assume we are unleashing a caged animal, right??....

we'll know in less than 48 hrs?

clock-animated-gif-19.gif

are you ready for some football!!!