Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unleash Tyrod Taylor..................from what ?

Taylor can't read defenses, and he can't hit receivers in stride.

So............what are they gonna do?

Have him stand in the pocket and hit open receivers coming across the middle in stride ?

What's he gonna do, suddenly put the ball where only the receiver can catch it ?

It's a nice thought, but IMHO hopeless..........

No I don't. I was just referring to ppg by the team.

I was referring to the same season and the same offense and same defense and same HC

If you want to use a 2 game sample size where 1 game he spotted the opponent a 24 point lead with 3 turnovers, where they fell into a prevent go for it. The Bills defense also scored. It's a big stretch to try to hand him "credit" for those 2 games. Edited by Kirby Jackson

It will look worse because Tyrod is starting. UGH....... so close to Peterman starting Week One!!!!!

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

It will look worse because Tyrod is starting. UGH....... so close to Peterman starting Week One!!!!!

So this is you wishing for a serious brain injury for Taylor all because you want a guy who you thought should start based on a few preseason games would have otherwise been the starter and retained the job...?

Amiright? I mean, Peterman was pretty clearly never close to winning any QB competition, so it couldn't be that.

Wow, that's pretty pathetic.

I hate to do this.

EJ also scored 23.4 ppg with the same team.

Fwiw

Defense was a problem yes. Qbing was too.

With the same team 20.6 and that includes defensive scores. 10 points against the Jets last season. 31 against the Jags and 21 against Cinci the season before.

I know it's a tough decision to accept but I do trust McBeane on this. Sammy did not fit the culture they're trying to build. He complained publicly to the media about his targets and talked about raising the bar for receiver contracts. That's not the type of player McBeane wants here and he has injury issues that are possibly going to creep up again.

We're going to play ball like KC did yesterday I'm guessing. Run the ball, short passes, go deep a couple times a game. It is a recipe for success and we save a ton of cap space since we don't have to pay Sammy that money. Depending on how Jordan Matthews and Zay Jones do I think Tyrod will be fine.

If the Bills cut every talented player who does something in the media they don't like (especially something before the new coaches were hired), that will be an element of "cut off your nose to spite your face".

I think the Sammy trade was purely "he's healthy, if he stays this year we either pay him big bucks or get nothing, here is a chance to get a 2nd round pick and a player who may contribute".

Aside: I had not realized that EJ Gaines suffered the same injury as Watkins (foot fracture) that kept him out in 2015 after a promising rookie year. Here's hoping he's back 100%.

No I don't. I was just referring to ppg by the team.

I was referring to the same season and the same offense and same defense and same HC

You mean for 1 game compared to 15 games?

If you want to use a 2 game sample size where 1 game he spotted the opponent a 24 point lead with 3 turnovers, where they fell into a prevent go for it. The Bills defense also scored. It's a big stretch to try to hand him "credit" for those 2 games.

Amen

The narrative that Watkins wouldn't sign here is getting ridiculous.

You pay him and he's stay.(assuming he earns it) And had they picked up his option you have him for another two years.

they're not going to sign him to a big deal with his injury history, it seems pretty cut and dry.

he's no longer in a bills uni, he plays for the rams now, time to move on.