Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now Sammy is likely to cost LA Aaron Donald.

No he's not!! They have $60M in cap space next year!!! At least google it before just posting alternative facts.

Edit: they also have another $11M+ in savings if they cut Quinn which is extremely likely.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Maybe the culture they are building is wrong?

I'm sure just about EVERY team in the NFL would love to have Watkins.

How many times does someone need to explain to you that these are not individual decisions made in a vacuum?

You know, I appreciate the Tyrod discussions like the next fan, so forgive me for pointing out that if you want to make your point about how much you dislike him, come up with something other than "He's in his seventh year."

Technically, you are correct. Logistically, you're using a point that is useless because he sat on a bench for four of those years. You don't progress as QB in the NFL by sitting on a bench during the regular season.

Yeah, I get it. It *sounds" like such a solid point against him. But it's not solid. It's lazy. And anyone who knows even a little bit about this game knows it's a ridiculous point to keep bringing up.

Few NFL'ers play (actually play, not sit on a bench) in this league for seven seasons and stay on a team if he sucks.

Frankly, I'm surprised so many Bills fans don't understand this very simple truth.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I'm not arguing one way or another as to what kind of QB he'll be this season. I'm explaining that if you want to make the point that he sucks, come up with a point that makes sense.

Excellent point.

The same answer applies either way. Nothing will change if he plays great or horrible or somewhere in between. I am shocked to see you in this thread posting "what if he played terrible?"

And i'm equally shocked to see you in this thread lecturing people and trying to be the smartest guy in the room, again!

The vast majority of this post is fiction. I'm pretty sure SW wasn't on crutches when the comments about wanting targets became known. This is no different than plenty of WRs have said in this league over the years. Most importantly though, he promptly backed it up with top of the league type numbers in the second half of the 2015 season. You know, when they actually made a conscious effort to feature SW in the offense. That is a fact, not opinion. With Tyrod as his QB no less. Comparing SW to T.O personality wise is laughable. Kind of like oil and water. SW has not been very talkative or outspoken at all since coming into the NFL. His extended interview post trade on NFLN was one of the few he's ever gotten. Seemed about as different from a TO as one can imagine. It's funny how people have preconceived notions about players that can be so off base. Count me in the " wish the Bills never traded SW" camp.

I agree with this BUT i still think it was a good trade and glad is his gone considering what he has. The issues I had with SW was he was apparently unwilling to play through pain when the Docs cleared him plus the fact he couldnt stay healthy. What indications do we have he wont be getting hurt all the time, thus far, hip, ribs and foot...injuries tend o get worse and more frequent over a players time not better.

And i'm equally shocked to see you in this thread lecturing people and trying to be the smartest guy in the room, again!

What percentage of your posts would be some form of "Tyrod sucks," "Tyrod should be replaced," etc? 98%? 98 out of 100 times that you chime in here you say the same thing? Thanks for being such a productive member of the community.

The only way to sell TT on me is for him to have 8 great games, 6 meh games and 2 crappy games.

Not 12 meh games and 2 great games.

Every QB has bad games.

Sounds to me that they plan on letting TT take off and run a lot.

I think that makes sense.

Disagree. Roman and his style are gone.

Passing more decisively and effectively is what I expect

Passing more decisively and effectively is what I expect

I'm purely basing it off of the comments from Culley

"Defenses don't want him to use his feet," Culley said. "He hasn't used it a whole lot during the preseason. That's been intentional. Now, you'll just see him be what he naturally does. We hope that's what he continues to do."

I fear that he's going to earn the nickname RG IV.

If they just let him "do his thing," he's dead meat. And just coming off of concussion protocol, I find this to be irresponsible, if it really is the plan.

Except statistically, traditional pocket passers are just as likely as mobile passers to get injured. In fact depending on how you do the math they are LESS likely to be injured.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2013/02/quarterback_injuries_are_mobile_qbs_like_colin_kaepernick_more_injury_prone.html

As youll see in the chart below, regardless of how we sliced the data, there was no statistically significant difference in injury rates between mobile and conventional quarterbacks. Quarterbacks of both types tend to lose 11 to 14 percent of their starts to injury. Even without counting the thus-far injury-free Kaepernick, three of the four tests produced a lower injury rate for mobile quarterbacks. The gap, though, is small enough that a statistician would call it zero.

Why would someone who can run be more likely to be injured than someone who stands firm in the pocket with defenders crashing around them?

I'm purely basing it off of the comments from Culley

Gotcha.

Except statistically, traditional pocket passers are just as likely as mobile passers to get injured. In fact depending on how you do the math they are LESS likely to be injured.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2013/02/quarterback_injuries_are_mobile_qbs_like_colin_kaepernick_more_injury_prone.html

Why would someone who can run be more likely to be injured than someone who stands firm in the pocket with defenders crashing around them?

IMO

the difference is you are the target of every player once you run.

Being pressured by a pass rush you are supposed to throw it away to avoid the sack

Unfortunately TT holds the ball too long.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

If you want to use a 2 game sample size where 1 game he spotted the opponent a 24 point lead with 3 turnovers, where they fell into a prevent go for it. The Bills defense also scored. It's a big stretch to try to hand him "credit" for those 2 games.

...garbage time?

...QB credit for offensive PPG?

LOL. At least try to be consistent.

...garbage time?

...QB credit for offensive PPG?

LOL. At least try to be consistent.

I'm not even sure what you are talking about? In the Jags game in London they went up 27-3 after 3 straight turnovers. They went into a very basic defense to try to protect the giant lead. Did you. That is HALF of the sample size being used. Did you not watch that game?

The vast majority of this post is fiction. I'm pretty sure SW wasn't on crutches when the comments about wanting targets became known. This is no different than plenty of WRs have said in this league over the years. Most importantly though, he promptly backed it up with top of the league type numbers in the second half of the 2015 season. You know, when they actually made a conscious effort to feature SW in the offense. That is a fact, not opinion. With Tyrod as his QB no less. Comparing SW to T.O personality wise is laughable. Kind of like oil and water. SW has not been very talkative or outspoken at all since coming into the NFL. His extended interview post trade on NFLN was one of the few he's ever gotten. Seemed about as different from a TO as one can imagine. It's funny how people have preconceived notions about players that can be so off base. Count me in the " wish the Bills never traded SW" camp.

Plus one.

I'm not even sure what you are talking about? In the Jags game in London they went up 27-3 after 3 straight turnovers. They went into a very basic defense to try to protect the giant lead. Did you. That is HALF of the sample size being used. Did you not watch that game?

Do you know how much we scored in garbage time last year, and how often we went 3 and out while the opponent built a lead?

The overall point is: giving the Buffalo Bills QB credit for offensive PPG hasn't made a whole lot of sense for the last few seasons.

Do you know how much we scored in garbage time last year, and how often we went 3 and out while the opponent built a lead?

The overall point is: giving the Buffalo Bills QB credit for offensive PPG hasn't made a whole lot of sense for the last few seasons.

How much did we score in garbage time compared to other teams? Blake Bortes has only thrown 5 career TDs with the lead (or something like that). The Bills didn't have a disproportionate amount of "garbage time."

The QB gets credit for scoring and negative credit for giving up points. The defense gets credit for taking the ball away just like they get blame for giving up points. It's not complicated. That's why TD to INT ratio is a thing. That's why turnover differential is a thing.

gotta start my post with a disclaimer that I like tyrod.

Tyrod' s best comparison in thebleague is Alex Smith. Smith STARTED for 5 full seasons before turning thebcorner in his 6th year. So please stop with the it's his 7th year he'll never get "it." Watching Smith on Thursday he looked an awful lot like TT vs. Miami.

Tyrod has made 2 straight pro bowls as an alternate. Yes I will fully admit to the alternate part. you know what the 3rd alternate is? The 6th or 7th best qb in the conference. That means there were 8 or 9 qbs just from the afc that didn't make it.

Tyrod is going into his 3rd year as a starter. This is his put up or shut up year. He knows it as do all the fans. This is his shot and I for one hope he has the light come on fully and he explodes this year. That is the best outcome for the team and it's fans. The qb problem could be solved with all of that draft capital to build with.

If he doesn't then hey they have that capital to get a high rated qb. However speaking of the draft if the Bills draft their guy next year and he goes for 47tds and 12 ints in his first 2 years, wouldn't we all be excited? I think the answer is a resounding yes however for some reason TT doing the same thing isn't enough for many....

Bills had 22.4 and 24.9 points per game last two years. More of the same would look like 23+. I don't believe we scored those points because of inferior competition. 23 points per game and a defense that did not suck would look pretty good.

Right they played that scheme to compliment what tyrod could do best, the deep ball and improvising in his feet and running the option a lot with routes geared outside the hashes where he throws his best. Im a Tyrod fan but even i know the scheme for him to succeed has to be right and this year its not, its gonna be a fun season but it wont be pretty he might get hurt if the let him Rg3 himself. if our oline takes any injuries this season tyrods release time isnt fast enuff to save him from getting killed back there. He would have to have over 12 near perfect games that look like miami pt 2 and the seattle game to stay on the roster and even then we should still draft a QB high.

It is painfully obvious that they've already determined that Taylor is not part of the future of this team.

I understand - and agree - that they want to start him. He's done nothing to lose his job and Peterman is a true rookie with no real game experience.

My issue is that they've taken his best receivers from him, which already puts him behind the 8 ball - and it's apparent that they're going to go with his (only) strength and let him make plays with his legs - and enjoy the occasional bomb.

I don't think this is going to help the Bills win any games and I think they're putting his physical health in serious danger.

While I am not a Tyrod fan and I do prefer he's gone after this season, I don't want the kid to suffer any kind of serious injury that will put his future in jeopardy.

I do think (and this is not me bashing him) he would be a high quality backup for most teams. Letting him go out there and get abused every time he bails on a play and runs the ball - to me - is pretty low character, which is awfully ironic.

I know the Bills have no obligation to him, other than a paycheck, but if their plan is to set him up for failure just so they can justify benching him, that's pretty sickening to me.

I gotta agree with all of that.