Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

The OL is going to get decimated this week. Did you not see what they did to the best O-line in football last week?

Was the OL bad when they had the #1 rushing attack in the NFL two years in a row?

Should we not have re-signed Cordy, Richie or Wood because they clearly aren't good enough because our OL is bad?

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only point on Peterman is that it would be something interesting about this team.

This is really such an uninteresting, uninspired year. What good storylines are there, besides lets see if McD can manage a game? Perhaps the defensive improvement? Ok, Id spot that. But on O?

We know what Tyrod is.

We know what McCoy can do.

Zay Jones, ok Im interested, but if were not gonna throw downfield, well that deflates that.

Peterman experiment at the very least is a story. Im not saying pull the switch now, but if the slogfest continues theyre gonna have to do something to maintain attention.

My only point on Peterman is that it would be something interesting about this team.

This is really such an uninteresting, uninspired year. What good storylines are there, besides lets see if McD can manage a game? Perhaps the defensive improvement? Ok, Id spot that. But on O?

We know what Tyrod is.

We know what McCoy can do.

Zay Jones, ok Im interested, but if were not gonna throw downfield, well that deflates that.

Peterman experiment at the very least is a story. Im not saying pull the switch now, but if the slogfest continues theyre gonna have to do something to maintain attention.

Denver, then Atlanta... then Nate. Want to see him in real game action, not killed behind this O line.

So you don't want to see what he would really look like. You just want to see what he would look like against a zero win team. Gotcha.

I think the point is that you probably shouldnt put your rookie QB up against an elite defense with little prep time. Wait until the BYE week if youre going to do it.

So you don't want to see what he would really look like. You just want to see what he would look like against a zero win team. Gotcha.

Of course I do. Just not right out of the box. If Cordy was playing, yeah you'd be right but I don't think any QB will do well this week.

The jets defense is not bad

Jets defense ranked # 30 at 409 yards / games.

Panthers defense ranked # 1 at 196 yards / game.

Oh yeah, Jets are dead last in the league with 33 points / game against.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2017&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Maybe you should post less...

Edited by San-O

I think the point is that you probably shouldnt put your rookie QB up against an elite defense with little prep time. Wait until the BYE week if youre going to do it.

And I think the counterpoint is that a lot of people here seem to be saying Peterman is clearly the better option than Taylor. If he is and gives the team the better chance to win, why isn't he starting?

And I think the counterpoint is that a lot of people here seem to be saying Peterman is clearly the better option than Taylor. If he is and gives the team the better chance to win, why isn't he starting?

Yeah why isn't he starting? Why is the coach holding this team back by playing the inferior QB? I remember when everyone wanted Brian Brohm to start because he was obviously better than Fitzpatrick.

I do however still think that Petermans skillset might run this short gain offense a bit better. I just don't think he is going to change the results all that much.

Edited by Scott7975

Exactly. Why isn't he starting?

The offense is super predictable and bland. The offensive coordinator isn't making adjustments in the game so why should we expect that he'll make adjustments outside of it?

I've felt this since week one, and especially feel it now after watching the Thursday nighter. We're going to be stuck watching an awesome defense and a vanilla run the first two downs, pass on third offense that we've seen before.

It didn't work in years past and it won't work now.

Edited by likei've

Exactly. Why isn't he starting?

The offense is super predictable and bland. The offensive coordinator isn't making adjustments in the game so why should we expect that he'll make adjustments outside of it?

I've felt this since week one, and especially feel it now after watching the Thursday nighter. We're going to be stuck watching an awesome defense and a vanilla run the first two downs, pass on third offense that we've seen before.

It didn't work in years past and it won't work now.

I know I'm going to regret this, but just maybe Dennison had no faith in Tyrod's ability to execute the changes and adjustments necessary last week against Carolina. In a one score game maybe he felt the odds were better Shady would break one or two than Taylor suddenly seeing the whole field quickly enough to throw receivers open. Let's see this week before we crucify the OC with two weeks worth of evidence.

I know I'm going to regret this, but just maybe Dennison had no faith in Tyrod's ability to execute the changes and adjustments necessary last week against Carolina. In a one score game maybe he felt the odds were better Shady would break one or two than Taylor suddenly seeing the whole field quickly enough to throw receivers open. Let's see this week before we crucify the OC with two weeks worth of evidence.

I don't know why you'd regret that. It could be true. But he's the same coordinator that put our offense in a shell after we took the lead in the Jets game and depended on a late game interception.

You'll get no guff from me saying Taylor handicaps our offense. None at all, the dude shouldn't be out there.

He's a backup at best, and he's playing exactly as a backup should. Limit the mistakes and hope our defense can win it for us.

It's certainly no way to gameplan with your starter. and it's certainly not indicative of "unleashing" your qb.

I actually dont think A LOT of people think this at all. There are probably a few crazies that do but I think the vast majority who want to see Peterman are just intrigued by the unknown factor associated with him. I dont believe its because they legitimately think hes better than Tyrod at the moment.

Edited by Bangarang