Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I appreciate the Tyrod discussions like the next fan, so forgive me for pointing out that if you want to make your point about how much you dislike him, come up with something other than "He's in his seventh year."

Technically, you are correct. Logistically, you're using a point that is useless because he sat on a bench for four of those years. You don't progress as QB in the NFL by sitting on a bench during the regular season.

Yeah, I get it. It *sounds" like such a solid point against him. But it's not solid. It's lazy. And anyone who knows even a little bit about this game knows it's a ridiculous point to keep bringing up.

Few NFL'ers play (actually play, not sit on a bench) in this league for seven seasons and stay on a team if he sucks.

Frankly, I'm surprised so many Bills fans don't understand this very simple truth.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I'm not arguing one way or another as to what kind of QB he'll be this season. I'm explaining that if you want to make the point that he sucks, come up with a point that makes sense.

I always use Jimmy G as the example. If he gets a starting job next year will he suck because he is in his 5th year? That's the same time that TT started. It's a stupid argument. You are under contract and if the team doesn't want to trade you because you are cheap depth you don't have an opportunity. Good post

I firmly believe that with or without Watkins this team as it was built by Whaley was not a playoff team. Was it capable of being a fringe playoff team? Yes. But that means little because of the nature of the parity system where half the teams are fringe playoff teams. Watkins is a sterling talent. I have always acknowledged that. But because of the deficit at the qb position Watkins was never going to realize his abundant talent here. The Bills got a starting CB in the trade and more importantly got cap room to be more flexible in reworking the roster. If the Bills are able to use that second round pick gained in the deal to maneuver to get an elite qb prospect then who can complain? McDermott wants a competitive team but he is also determined to rebuild this poorly constructed roster that he inherited.

To paraphrase:

Watkins was $10k rims on a 95 Taurus

Maybe the culture they are building is wrong?

I'm sure just about EVERY team in the NFL would love to have Watkins.

Maybe it is wrong, but Whaley's way was proven to be wrong. Bloated caps, over spending, bungling the Watkins Trade, having issues with every coach.

A healthy Watkins, with a capable QB and as someone said....a reasonable cap number, yes, maybe everteam would want that. However, he isn't healthy, this is a running team with a marginals QB and his cap number would be bloated...especially after having 400 yards last year.

So sick of the Watkins whining. He will have a good year as he plays for a contract. What I would not want is the 2018 and forward risk. Only time will tell, but no way I would give Sammy $15+ million a year no matter what he does in his contract year. To get a starting CB and a high pick for not doing so was GENIUS!

Never has a WR with such modest on-field achievement been so mourned. You would think we traded Rice in his prime.

Sadly, the notion that those who are optimistic for the Bills are either clueless homers or newbie transplants from elsewhere with no football IQ at all and every naysayer, doom and gloom, the sky is falling pessimist some how has the inside track on smarts and should be agreed with on the strength of their negativity.

And for both the optimists and the pessimists remember this: If you say something enough times it will eventually become a fact(oid)

After 17 years of mediocrity occasionally sprinkled with outright crappiness, I think those being optimistic about the Bills are suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Newbie transplants with no football IQ will have no interest in the Bills; they have better things to do on Sunday afternoons.

So sick of the Watkins whining. He will have a good year as he plays for a contract. What I would not want is the 2018 and forward risk. Only time will tell, but no way I would give Sammy $15+ million a year no matter what he does in his contract year. To get a starting CB and a high pick for not doing so was GENIUS!

Never has a WR with such modest on-field achievement been so mourned. You would think we traded Rice in his prime.

If we had a passing QB or a proven QB, then I may be one of those whiners. However, this team is building for the future and stockpiling picks. They are tearing down the foundation built by a shoddy GM.

Time will tell if these moves work, but these moves needed to be done

Sounds to me that they plan on letting TT take off and run a lot.

I think that makes sense.

I fear that he's going to earn the nickname RG IV.

If they just let him "do his thing," he's dead meat. And just coming off of concussion protocol, I find this to be irresponsible, if it really is the plan.

If they just let him "do his thing," he's dead meat. And just coming off of concussion protocol, I find this to be irresponsible, if it really is the plan.

You have to let the guy do what he does best. And make sure he knows how to slide.

Probably, but that's when Peterman would step in. I don't want to presume too much into their line of thinking but based off of what I just read up there that certainly seems to be the plan, doesn't it?

Edited by Magox

Probably, but that's when Peterman would step in. I don't want to presume too much into their line of thinking but based off of what I just read up there that certainly seems to be the plan, doesn't it?

It is painfully obvious that they've already determined that Taylor is not part of the future of this team.

I understand - and agree - that they want to start him. He's done nothing to lose his job and Peterman is a true rookie with no real game experience.

My issue is that they've taken his best receivers from him, which already puts him behind the 8 ball - and it's apparent that they're going to go with his (only) strength and let him make plays with his legs - and enjoy the occasional bomb.

I don't think this is going to help the Bills win any games and I think they're putting his physical health in serious danger.

While I am not a Tyrod fan and I do prefer he's gone after this season, I don't want the kid to suffer any kind of serious injury that will put his future in jeopardy.

I do think (and this is not me bashing him) he would be a high quality backup for most teams. Letting him go out there and get abused every time he bails on a play and runs the ball - to me - is pretty low character, which is awfully ironic.

I know the Bills have no obligation to him, other than a paycheck, but if their plan is to set him up for failure just so they can justify benching him, that's pretty sickening to me.

I think demanding the ball more .... when he was on crutches .... told me, anyway, what kind of character Sam has.

He's done a lot of talking since entering the NFL. Unfortunately, on the field, what he's shown most is potential.

That doesn't earn him the right to flap his lips, in my opinion.

He's trying to be T.O. without getting the TDs first.

Count me in the, "glad he's gone," camp.

The vast majority of this post is fiction. I'm pretty sure SW wasn't on crutches when the comments about wanting targets became known. This is no different than plenty of WRs have said in this league over the years. Most importantly though, he promptly backed it up with top of the league type numbers in the second half of the 2015 season. You know, when they actually made a conscious effort to feature SW in the offense. That is a fact, not opinion. With Tyrod as his QB no less. Comparing SW to T.O personality wise is laughable. Kind of like oil and water. SW has not been very talkative or outspoken at all since coming into the NFL. His extended interview post trade on NFLN was one of the few he's ever gotten. Seemed about as different from a TO as one can imagine. It's funny how people have preconceived notions about players that can be so off base. Count me in the " wish the Bills never traded SW" camp.

The vast majority of this post is fiction. I'm pretty sure SW wasn't on crutches when the comments about wanting targets became known. This is no different than plenty of WRs have said in this league over the years. Most importantly though, he promptly backed it up with top of the league type numbers in the second half of the 2015 season. You know, when they actually made a conscious effort to feature SW in the offense. That is a fact, not opinion. With Tyrod as his QB no less. Comparing SW to T.O personality wise is laughable. Kind of like oil and water. SW has not been very talkative or outspoken at all since coming into the NFL. His extended interview post trade on NFLN was one of the few he's ever gotten. Seemed about as different from a TO as one can imagine. It's funny how people have preconceived notions about players that can be so off base. Count me in the " wish the Bills never traded SW" camp.

He made the comment prior to the Jacksonville game ... when he was on crutches/wearing a boot.

Those "plenty of WRs" who've said it prior were proven top tier receivers.

I agree that the 2nd half of 2015 showed what he/the Bills could do when they got him the ball. I'd never question that; nor have I.

And I stand by my comparison to TO. But I actually think TO was a higher character player than Sam. And a hell of a lot better of a receiver.

I respect that you have different opinions. I hope Sam does well with the Rams and, if he stays healthy, I'm confident that he'll realize his potential.