Why are you still watching?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I'm ordered by the courts do so. I was a hotshot lawyer that didn't play by the rules.

I got a little tipsy one night after a big win and was pulled over and arrested.

Instead of throwing me in the clink. The judge went rogue in extraordinary fashion and handed me a life sentence.

The Bills. I was ordered to watch every game for the rest of my natural life to learn about fair play, and all that other junk.

Sometimes I feel as though I would have preferred the life crippling record and jail time.

Well done sir...😅

Was born a Bills fan and will most certainly die one as well. I will still talk s*** while we are losing, and will always gloat when we win, no matter what.

I do however, believe that they will not be a disaster this season. They will ride out the season with strong defensive play, decent special teams, and a strong running game. Hopefully their offensive game plan controls the clock and allows our defense to stay healthy and fresh. With TT back in there we should be able extend drives with his mobility. TT also, in my opinion, makes Shady a better runner with his ability to run himself. That is the main reason why Mike-G and all other backs paired with him have had decent success. Now don't get me wrong, Shady is damn good, but better with TT running the show.

So glad football is back. Gonna be a long season, but hopefully better than worse.

GO BILLS!!!

I missed several years working double shifts on Sunday. I swore if I ever did not have to do that, I would not miss games! It's painful, I wonder why I waste $200 getting the service to watch. But each Sunday I tune in thinking the team might win, and who would want to miss that? Plus I now have 2 baby boys who like my father before me, will be indoctrinated in the love/hate Bills fandom!

It's a diversion. Not life or death.

This! And in these days a diversion is needed more than ever. Even if the Bills do turn out to be awful this year, I can spend Sundays being depressed about something that ultimately is, as Promo said, a diversion. If we do wind up 2-14 as I sincerely doubt we will, it'll be frustrating, but then we can get excited about the draft and off-season diversions.

Because of the moments that happen while watching Bills games or pre-game stuff like...my daughter a few years back, she may have been 8 at the time, saying out of the blue "I really hope they beat the Hateriots tomorrow daddy!". I had no idea she was even paying attention and she came up with that moniker for NE all on her own. Loved that one!

And last year late in the season when there was still a glimmer of hope for a post season berth and well.... at the end of the game my 6 year old son saying "It was still fun to watch with you dad." That changed my mood instantly. Truly humbling.

And for this week when I take my son to his first game ever with my father! I look forward to the moments that make it about more than just the game and the record!

Of course it is always sweeter when the Bills pull out a W though : )

Go Bills!

I'll always watch as long as they remain in WNY - it's what I do. I currently have the pleasure of my son coming over to join me, and we hear from his out of town brother. Mrs Augie finds some activity while we scream at the TV, but she enjoys the family time together. Even if they stink, they bring our family together and that happens all year long.

I'm hoping we get to see the new FO put together a team that can be a legit contender Year after year. I'll watch those steps play out. It will take some time. Maybe it's just me, but I'd be ashamed to just show up when they are making Super Bowl runs again.

When you really get down to it, being a "fan" of a team means we are tying part of our overall happiness to the successes/failures of the team. If someones happiness does not increase when the Bills win, and they do not feel any worse when the Bills lose, I would not really consider them to be a fan.

For many Bills fans, it seems like they will not gain any satisfaction/happiness from anything the team does, unless they make the playoffs. Even more extreme, some fans say they will not be happy with making the playoffs and getting knocked out right away, but will only be happy with a Super Bowl victory.

If I were to try to assign values to this, I would say a Superbowl win could be worth 5,000 points, a playoff berth worth 1,000, and a regular season win worth 100. A regular season loss could be -100, another season without making the playoffs -1,000, etc.

Of course in this scenario, the Bills have negatively affected my happiness over the past 17 years. Still, even in a season where most do not expect us to win many games, my overall attitude/happiness is still influenced by whether the Bills win or lose, and I would go even further and say that things like touchdowns, big plays, even first downs and penalties matter to me as a fan.

People are being way too melodramatic in this thread.

C'mon, it's football, it's entertainment. So our team hasn't been good for awhile. Get over it. We have a team of our own and a billionaire owner committed to keeping them here.

The Bills are an escape from real life. Work, mortgage, taxes, etc... It's a game. We talk about the draft. We get bummed when players leave, we get happy when we sign a free agent. We cheer when our teams winning, we jeer when we lose.

It's not work, it's not a job. It's a game and it's supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for people, maybe it's time to find a new hobby.

For me, it's something to look forward to each Sunday for a few months a year. If that ever changes for me I'll take my own advice and find something new.

We went to four straight Super Bowls. Some of the happiest days of my life when I was a kid. Not going to the playoffs for this long has been a bit taxing but I still had plenty of fun watching in those years.

As bad as it looks right now I'm still super excited for Sunday as I'm sure most people posting are. Why mess with that? Id rather hope for the best, get excited year after year and be slightly disappointed then not have it at all.

I'm sure if most people were being honest with themselves they'd agree. Take it for what it is. It's entertainment. If it's not fun, don't do it.

I have plenty of chores, the Bills aren't one of them. If they are for some, they're doing it wrong.

They're my team. Always were and always will be.

When you really get down to it, being a "fan" of a team means we are tying part of our overall happiness to the successes/failures of the team. If someones happiness does not increase when the Bills win, and they do not feel any worse when the Bills lose, I would not really consider them to be a fan.

For many Bills fans, it seems like they will not gain any satisfaction/happiness from anything the team does, unless they make the playoffs. Even more extreme, some fans say they will not be happy with making the playoffs and getting knocked out right away, but will only be happy with a Super Bowl victory.

If I were to try to assign values to this, I would say a Superbowl win could be worth 5,000 points, a playoff berth worth 1,000, and a regular season win worth 100. A regular season loss could be -100, another season without making the playoffs -1,000, etc.

Of course in this scenario, the Bills have negatively affected my happiness over the past 17 years. Still, even in a season where most do not expect us to win many games, my overall attitude/happiness is still influenced by whether the Bills win or lose, and I would go even further and say that things like touchdowns, big plays, even first downs and penalties matter to me as a fan.

This doesn't work for me. The Bills haven't negatively affected my happiness over the past 17 years. I get pleasure out of watching them, rooting for them, writing about them. If I didn't get pleasure out of it, I wouldn't do it.

I desperately want them to win, and losing sucks, but I'm always happy to be a Bills fan.

I just dont think i can let go. But i have to say that my interest has been waning. Im trying to get fully back into it but im not there yet. Ive never been as not optimistic as i am this year. A lot of the roster has been gutted and the depth is terrible. I get more and more frustrated every year. And then we get screwed by refs, injury after injury and heartbreak after heartbreak. Not only that but i dont like a lot of the changed made to the game and the commercials every 30 seconds killed the pace and flow of the game.

But saying all that, its the buffalo bills, and that glimmer of hope that we will get it right and find a franchise quarterback finally that keeps me going as a fan

Edited by BillsSbSoon

I've been a fan since the franchise was founded, so it's been a very long habit. The ONLY thing that would make me stop would be if any BILLS didn't stand for the National Anthem.

The NFL has let all this crap go on for way too long! The players are "employees of," and if they don't want to represent the views of the league, they can always find other multi million $$ jobs. On the other hand IF the NFL is agreeable with all this, maybe it is time to tune out!

The Ringer gives the Jets #32 and the Bills #31 preseason rankings.

How could one not get goosebumps waiting to tune in?

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9/4/16243646/preseason-power-rankings-part-one-jets-bills-49ers

Because it's my farewell tour as a season ticket holder.

The last year of Losman was mine. Not a single regret.

Was born a Bills fan and will most certainly die one as well. I will still talk s*** while we are losing, and will always gloat when we win, no matter what.

I do however, believe that they will not be a disaster this season. They will ride out the season with strong defensive play, decent special teams, and a strong running game. Hopefully their offensive game plan controls the clock and allows our defense to stay healthy and fresh. With TT back in there we should be able extend drives with his mobility. TT also, in my opinion, makes Shady a better runner with his ability to run himself. That is the main reason why Mike-G and all other backs paired with him have had decent success. Now don't get me wrong, Shady is damn good, but better with TT running the show.

So glad football is back. Gonna be a long season, but hopefully better than worse.

GO BILLS!!!

Much needed and appreciated and agreed upon.

the first season i watched them they won 2 games, as long as they win more than that i am fine. also i spend half the game talking to my dad, brother, and uncle. i'm in brooklyn and have made friends with the other fans who've watched games with me. plus i'm looking at my 14th season in brooklyn and the place i watch the games at has pretty good wings. worst case i had a good meal.

If I got a dollar from everyone who has said that over the last decade, I'd be very wealthy.

This time it's for real.

I'll still go to a few, but I'm done shelling out and committing to 8 games a year. It's a "time priority"

thing, not a football thing. Shoot, if it was about the football I would have dumped my tix years ago.

The tix crew is dwindling, and I always said that when the tailgating loses its oomph it would be time to go back to a handful of games here and there. It's still fun and entertaining, just not 8x a year anymore.

I've been a fan since the franchise was founded, so it's been a very long habit. The ONLY thing that would make me stop would be if any BILLS didn't stand for the National Anthem.

The NFL has let all this crap go on for way too long! The players are "employees of," and if they don't want to represent the views of the league, they can always find other multi million $$ jobs. On the other hand IF the NFL is agreeable with all this, maybe it is time to tune out!

I don't care at all about that nonsense. These players can do whatever they want on the sidelines or on the offseason.

Couldn't care any less. They're not my friends, they're hired guns. The day they leave my team I wash my hands of them.

You should have given them up his first year.

No looking back for regrets.

And what else am I gonna do, what team am I going to start cheering for, the Browns are the second in line for games attended and sentimental pity. I can't start cheering for the Pats or Steelers or Cowboys. The Bills fit me well, I think that's okay.

After New England, Pittsburgh, and Oakland, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to think Bills can compete with the next tier in the AFC for a playoff spot. Defense should be solid. Running game will be good. Comes down to Tyrod. Wonder if Beane and McDermott will regret the Sammy trade if we finish a game out of wild card spot. Have no problem with any of their other moves, but there's no one on roster who can give you what a healthy Watkins does.

No looking back for regrets.

And what else am I gonna do, what team am I going to start cheering for, the Browns are the second in line for games attended and sentimental pity. I can't start cheering for the Pats or Steelers or Cowboys. The Bills fit me well, I think that's okay.

I just meant the season tickets. Not the team. Nobody quits the Bills.

I just meant the season tickets. Not the team. Nobody quits the Bills.

Good point. All 3.

Because its football. Because its my team. Because ill be damned if ive watched this team lose for more than 3 decades and the one season i give up a miracle happens.

My great-grandfather cheered for the Dodgers for 4 decades and saw the 1955 WS win and died happily the next week.

Its where I grew up. Its larger than football for me, its a fondness for WNY. My memories of youth are tied to the team.

I have passed this to my kids. They have no connection to Buffalo other than me. They were born in Atlanta and Raleigh and grew up Carolinians but Buffalo is strangely home to them. One or two weekends a year they live my childhood around a game and they look forward to it every year like Christmas.

The Bills are family. The represent the fond memories of where I grew up and I am proud to share them with those dearest to me.

The great years, the good years the bad years don't matter as much as the experience and the sharing.

Its where I grew up. Its larger than football for me, its a fondness for WNY. My memories of youth are tied to the team.

I have passed this to my kids. They have no connection to Buffalo other than me. They were born in Atlanta and Raleigh and grew up Carolinians but Buffalo is strangely home to them. One or two weekends a year they live my childhood around a game and they look forward to it every year like Christmas.

The Bills are family. The represent the fond memories of where I grew up and I am proud to share them with those dearest to me.

The great years, the good years the bad years don't matter as much as the experience and the sharing.

Pretty much the same for me.

Football is an excuse to get the family together.

Bills are the local team I grew up with - therefore tradition suggests they are my team.

I embraced that my whole life. No way I am changing unless some complete dill-hole would have bought the team. Pegulas are great so - the tradition continues for at least another generation.

If you dont like the product they are building....why are you paying attention? If you dont like the product take a hike and stop judging those that are interested.

inertia

powerful

and it's okay to not like the product, men who watch sports enjoy attacking Hindenburgs

I don't care at all about that nonsense. These players can do whatever they want on the sidelines or on the offseason.

Couldn't care any less. They're not my friends, they're hired guns. The day they leave my team I wash my hands of them.

OK, point taken BUT if you are a military vet., maybe you'd see if differently. I'll never forget SB XXV! The respect shown for our country was above and beyond wonderful. I fully support the Cleveland Police for calling the team out, and not participating in the Browns pre-game activities.

They are "hired guns" but they couldn't replace their income anywhere else, so maybe it's time to man up and keep their personal life and opinions away from the field.

Even though I expect a bad season, I still watch because I'm a Bills fan and this is my favorite time of the year. Through the good and bad over the last 28 years I still watch a game when I have the chance.

This isn't a sarcastic, pessimistic question. Unless they pull a miracle this year, this team isn't gonna be good. Don't get me wrong, I would be happiest person on this board if I'm wrong, and I hope I am. But logically speaking, this isn't projected to be "Our year."

That being said, why are you still watching the games? For me, it's a few things. First, when we finally turn that corner, be it this year, next year, or 17 more years, I don't want to be called a bandwagon, fair weather fan. I want to say that I saw the transition, and watched them crawl up the ladder to finally hoist that Lombardi Trophy.

This, along with it being more than just tradition. I know this is cliche here, but The Buffalo Bills are more than just 53 guys on a field. It's the experience I have with my dad. Had with my grandpa, and uncles, who passed on. My great grandfather was a season ticket holder from day one, until the day he died. Not to mention newer friends I've made, both in real life, and on this board.

Other than the 2nd half of last season where my work schedule conflicted with The Bills, I've watched games at the same bar, with the same group of Bills fans, every week. Made some awesome friends there, that I'd never know if not for the Bills. I look forward to having beers with them, and celebrating garbage time touchdowns like we just won the super bowl just because it irks the Texans and Cowboys fans on the other side of the bar.

I'm excited for this season, and every season, no matter what. Just interested in hearing your reasons for sticking with this team are.

Your back!!!

CBF