Brandon Reilly

Mark Vader

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reilly has caught everything thrown his way. He has not been afraid to go up and snatch a ball in traffic with two hands and take the hit. A lot of guys will go up with one hand trying to protect themselves and end up tipping the ball up for an interception. He has demonstrated excellent body control when adjusting to balls thrown his way. They have not all been perfectly placed and he has had to make many adjustments. He also has some nice speed and decent size. I have been impressed and would be disappointed if he did not make the 53. The other FA wr (shorts) has been impressive as well (good hands and shows ability to gain separation) but I would have to take Reilly over him because I could see wr89 getting down the field more and making big chunk plays (which is something we will need).

my first thought regarding this was that the Pats would claim him..

I was thinking the same thing. With Edelman out for the year they are going to need a good\reliable receiver. He has show he appears to be both. He is the exact type of guy they like to put on their teams. If he gets cut, I would not be surprised if the Patsies pick him up and have that cheating f*@k Brady makes him look like Jerry Rice.

Except I think that he will run a route past the first down marker.

:w00t::worthy:

I have to say, after watching some video footage on Rielly, The kid is looking more and more like Andre Reed. The kids got amazing hands and concentration. Some of those on his back catches we spectacular.

Edited by BigPappy

That's his base salary with the Rams. I'm not counting signing bonus, which is a sunk cost.

BTW, how has Daikiel Shorts looked? Worth keeping on the 53?

If you remember Nammen, like that. Has shown great hands and adjust ms to catch well. Doesn't look like he'll be able to separate v starting NFL corners

Consistently making plays but against the 3s.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Was in on special teams plays too. Made a tough attempt at a ball in traffic and got his bell rung. He will make an NFL roster somewhere I think.

Adjusts well to poor throws

His QB underthrew him on EVERY deep ball. Won't happen here with Tyrod.

I am watching the game right now on NFLN and Reilly really does stand out. He really sacrifices his body to go get the ball and risks everything to come down with it. I just saw a third down incompletion by Wenning where Reilly jumped up in traffic and came down hard after contact. The ball came loose but the effort was outstanding. Also, kudos to Wenning for doing enough to allow proper evaluation of the bubble WR's and RB's.

I am watching the game right now on NFLN and Reilly really does stand out. He really sacrifices his body to go get the ball and risks everything to come down with it. I just saw a third down incompletion by Wenning where Reilly jumped up in traffic and came down hard after contact. The ball came loose but the effort was outstanding. Also, kudos to Wenning for doing enough to allow proper evaluation of the bubble WR's and RB's.

Good point on the last sentence too. Wenning actually wasn't horrible.

I wonder how Reilly would do as a punt returner , sure hands, quick, athletic .

I don't think it would be a good fit. Reilly is not the quick twitch type of player you would want as a returner. He is smooth and more of a strider and I don't think that matches up well with a punt returner.

Forget the Practice Squad, Brandon Reilly should make the active roster.

He's made plays in the limited time he's seen this preseason.

I also question that fumble they called tonight. Looked to me like his butt was on the ground before the ball came out.

I've been more impressed by him than guys like Dezmin Lewis, Philly Brown, and even Daikiel Shorts.

Yeah I hope he makes the team. Kids got skills and he is tough. Need him on this WR core. No doubt about it.

I saw 2 clear concussions for Reilly within minutes Thursday, both hitting head on ground after catches... first one went unnoticed by staff, which made 2nd one worse.

the fallacies of playing football on concrete with a rug over it

he may have to actually start trying to avoid that happening again by adapting his intensity

hopefully they will allow him to recover and not just kick him to curb.

I saw 2 clear concussions for Reilly within minutes Thursday, both hitting head on ground after catches... first one went unnoticed by staff, which made 2nd one worse.

the fallacies of playing football on concrete with a rug over it

he may have to actually start trying to avoid that happening again by adapting his intensity

hopefully they will allow him to recover and not just kick him to curb.

If you watched him at Nebraska or even just his highlight reel that's how he plays all the time. He has really great timing and ball skills. He leaps up and catches in traffic all time and has taken a lot of hits if only because he is fearless. I don't think he is even in the concussion protocol after the game. They said Worthy was but didn't mention Reilly. He's a good 4 or 5 WR from what I have seen. Decent speed. Pretty good hands. Quite tough. Good effort. Great tracking, jumping and ball skills. It really stands out.

Forget the Practice Squad, Brandon Reilly should make the active roster.

He's made plays in the limited time he's seen this preseason.

I also question that fumble they called tonight. Looked to me like his butt was on the ground before the ball came out.

I've been more impressed by him than guys like Dezmin Lewis, Philly Brown, and even Daikiel Shorts.

Agree, he has looked impressive this pre-season.