Trade Tyrod Taylor this week

sb_bound

How about this type of pain?

My in laws are very religious. My FIL is a southern baptist preacher. Very nice guy but also very against alcohol.

As a family, we rented out a cabin on the lake a few months ago for 4 days and 4 nights. We fished a lot, kayaked, camp fires etc....

Alcohol was not allowed...he would not have it in the same cabin he was staying in. I'm 35 and wasn't allowed to bring even wine....that's painful.

i just don't think i would have gone. you are one good husband.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasn't able to watch the game closely last night, but when i was concentrating, tyrod is the one thing that stood out...and in the worst way. he was kinda painful to watch. that being said, it would have to be a pretty decent pick to trade him away at this point.

it sucked. it was a bit worrisome. but i feel like we know what tyrod is at this point. its not what was on display last night. its most definitely not anything great, but its just not as bad as last night either. if the defense actually is improving like it seems to be and tyrod shows up week 1 as the guy he's been the first 2 years i think they have a real shot at winning more than they lose.

and then you still have enough ammo with current and future picks to go get the qb you want for a winning squad..... thats exciting to me.

Start Peterman with the ones. But he doesn't get Glenn or Matthews. then we will know.

even with a history of going to bat for tyrod, i cant pretend like the thought of peterman getting time with the 1's wouldnt intrigue me.

Trading Taylor isn't going to happen.

Anyway, I believe Taylor will and should be the starter all year. I don't want Peterman thrown to the wolves behind the garbage line we have.

What I did find interesting is that, this morning, the guys on Sirius NFL radio were talking about how good Peterman looked and how bad Taylor looked, almost hinting at a QB controversy.

Personally, I don't see one but maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture.

Here's what's killing me: the AFC East is gonna suck big time! Yeah, you've got the Pats, but the Jets and Dolphins are in their own special free falls. There's 4 divisional wins (oh, and 2 losses ...) there for the taking. And with the way this is going, I assumed the Bills were reloading for one final run with this core of players: Tyrod, Shady, Sammy, Clay, Dareus, Kyle, Darby, Glenn. Of that bunch we were in pretty decent shape with so far only one (Glenn) being hobbled. But I guess not. So why is Tyrod still around? I have to agree now with the "trade him now" proponents since any rational observer would have to say that the team's playoff chances have significantly diminished in the last 10 days even though the rest of the division collapses around us. Jacksonville, Denver ... there's teams out there desperate for even Tyrod-aquecy at QB. I'm sure even the Dolphins would have preferred him to Cutler's Last Stand (and don't give me that "don't trade within the division," as if the Dolphins and Bills are the only things keeping each other out of the Super Bowl). Don't let that Tyrod trade window close like it (half) did with Sammy by waiting too long ...

it sucked. it was a bit worrisome. but i feel like we know what tyrod is at this point. its not what was on display last night. its most definitely not anything great, but its just not as bad as last night either. if the defense actually is improving like it seems to be and tyrod shows up week 1 as the guy he's been the first 2 years i think they have a real shot at winning more than they lose.

and then you still have enough ammo with current and future picks to go get the qb you want for a winning squad..... thats exciting to me.

even with a history of going to bat for tyrod, i cant pretend like the thought of peterman getting time with the 1's wouldnt intrigue me.

They should do it once. But IMO he shouldn't get Glenn or Matthews.

Good more excuses. Top end QBs make others look good? Does TT?

exactly. TT is NOT a starter in this league. The excuses for him are legion: no OL, no WR's, injured WR's, etc. Meanwhile, the O-line last night was able to open up holes for Shady.

Newsflash: good QB's can take some pressure (Ben, Luck, etc). And these QB's make the players around them better (Eli Rodgers anyone).

That said, I don't know what you get in return for a TT trade. I wouldn't take anything below a second, but that would take a team that has a much different assessment of him than most.

Anyway, I believe Taylor will and should be the starter all year. I don't want Peterman thrown to the wolves behind the garbage line we have.

What I did find interesting is that, this morning, the guys on Sirius NFL radio were talking about how good Peterman looked and how bad Taylor looked, almost hinting at a QB controversy.

yeah, throwing Peterman to the wolves could be a bad idea. Let him continue to develop. Hopefully the FO can find some OL's in FA or from cuts.

exactly. TT is NOT a starter in this league. The excuses for him are legion: no OL, no WR's, injured WR's, etc. Meanwhile, the O-line last night was able to open up holes for Shady.

Newsflash: good QB's can take some pressure (Ben, Luck, etc). And these QB's make the players around them better (Eli Rodgers anyone).

That said, I don't know what you get in return for a TT trade. I wouldn't take anything below a second, but that would take a team that has a much different assessment of him than most.

yeah, throwing Peterman to the wolves could be a bad idea. Let him continue to develop. Hopefully the FO can find some OL's in FA or from cuts.

TT was one of the best QBs last season under pressure. Not setting up the offense to his strengths is a mistake.

I think you'd easily get a 2nd rounder for Tyrod, who would be more valuable to some QB-starved team than Sammy is to the Rams. And if you want to be able to snag the QB you really want (not the one that falls down to you) either in 2018 or 2019, you need more draft pick ammo. Remember nobody can compete with the Browns on that front - they have not only their huge stockpile of picks, but also can trade some of their recent horde of cost-controlled draftees to get who they want. I say "or 2019" since you don't want to make the mistake of talking yourself into an EJ Manuel again if next year's class is slim (for example, no Darnold) or the true blue chippers are already off the board (again, Cleveland).

it wasn't typical of tyrod. not that he's ever been spectacular, but last night was unusually bad. as you mentioned...worrisome. also completely agree with the defense. i was watching the game with likei've, and we were both commenting how solid the play from them looked.

Tyrod is not a playoff caliber QB. Give Peterman the nod this year to see any type of development. Improve our position in the draft next year.

Tyrod has no value in this league. He's a QB who can't throw. You might be able to get a 4th for him. Might.

I don't want Tyrod, I want to either see what Nate has or get a top 5 pick...end of story. A season with Tyrod will be the ultimate blunder and these guys better be smart enough to know it. Trade Tyrod for ANYTHING, see what Petermen has and then draft a Qb in the 1st and either 2nd or 3rd rounds. Have Petermen and your top 2 draft picks fight for starter and back-up qb position. Not difficult, it's really not difficult.

Tyrod is better than Peterman right now. And this tank talk is falicy. Not 1 active Super Bowl winning QB is the result of a deliberate tank. Maybe Eli, but since the coach was fired, it doesn't seem it was too deliberate.

Flacco 18th

Ben -11th

Eli - trade of Rivers and other picks

Brady 6th round

Brees Free agent

Rodgers 24th

Wilson 3rd round

How about this type of pain?

My in laws are very religious. My FIL is a southern baptist preacher. Very nice guy but also very against alcohol.

As a family, we rented out a cabin on the lake a few months ago for 4 days and 4 nights. We fished a lot, kayaked, camp fires etc....

Alcohol was not allowed...he would not have it in the same cabin he was staying in. I'm 35 and wasn't allowed to bring even wine....that's painful.

Dude....

Fishing and camping with no booze.

I feel for you man. That is downright harsh. Like a dry wedding that lasts for 4 days. Dang...

Did you at least get to play one round of old school Jarts? (the pointy ones you can stab somebody with)

Dude....

Fishing and camping with no booze.

I feel for you man. That is downright harsh. Like a dry wedding that lasts for 4 days. Dang...

Did you at least get to play one round of old school Jarts? (the pointy ones you can stab somebody with)

I saw those at a garage sale. I was ready to grab them but then noticed there were only 3 jarts in the box. I miss them. Kids need danger to learn!

....your "Spent Trent Edwards" analogy was spot on regarding prematurely jumping the gun IMO....

I saw those at a garage sale. I was ready to grab them but then noticed there were only 3 jarts in the box. I miss them. Kids need danger to learn!

The other 3 (or whatever) are stuck impaled in somebody's garage wall somewhere. :thumbsup:

Edited by PolishDave

Should the Eagles trade Carson Wentz immediately? He was pretty freakin bad last night also.

According to the noobs - no they would keep him because he must be good because he was a high draft pick. All high draft picks are guaranteed to be franchise QB's. Didn't you know that? ~sarcasm

Why do people say Peterman is doing this against third stringers without pointing out is also doing it with third stringers.

51% completion rate against mostly guys who wont play or be on a roster. And Peterman didn't do it with 3rd stringers last night, mostly had our 2nds out there with him.

And I like Peterman...but worst thing would be to start him behind a bad OL before he is ready...thats how you RUIN young QB's, not develop them.

Edited by Alphadawg7

51% completion rate against mostly guys who wont play or be on a roster. And Peterman didn't do it with 3rd stringers last night, mostly had our 2nds out there with him.

And I like Peterman...but worst thing would be to start him behind a bad OL before he is ready...thats how you RUIN young QB's, not develop them.

You either have it or you dont. You can't develope anyone that doesn't have it.

Every player needs confidence. Especially the QB. The bills really don't have much faith in Tyrod. Mean while BLAKE BORTLES, is dealing with a QB killer in Doug Marone.

Bortles and 4th to buffalo for Tyrod

Tyrod doesn't fit this west coast offense . The three step drops will not work. If you watch the bills/jags from last year, I think Bortles played well. Fresh start for both players. Bortles in three years have over 11k pass yards and 69 TD's. problem has been turnovers. Obviously Tyrod protects the ball well, would be prefect for Marone ground and pound.

Both QBs have their issues but Taylor is way ahead of Bortles in a lot of areas. They've been trying to correct Bortles' throwing motion for four seasons now and he still swings it way down by his hip when he winds up. Taylor might get a few passes batted back in his face each game but at least he can hit the deep ball whereas Bortles isn't even in the same area code most of the time.

Before I opened the thread I figured it would be favored to Buffalo since Bills fans always over value their players when it comes to fantasy trades. The trade is not very realistic at all in that the teams would have to start over with a QB with a couple weeks to go before the season, not happening. Then there is the 4th round pick, why is Taylor more valuable to require a 4th round pick to make this happen?

That's the problem for BORTLES, the guy had pretty good rookie season, then they start messing with his mechanics. sometime you just have to go play ball. He is a more talented passer than Tyrod, plus he has mobility as well. This will still allow the bills to draft a QB, plus I would give Peterman a chance to start the season. If he is worth keeping then the quarterback situation going into next year looks better. Are we not rooting for the 2018 draft?