Andrew Luck not ready to start regular season

YoloinOhio

Don't confuse TBD with a press room. You're arguing with people who want to engage with you about specifics, and responding by saying that you disapprove of his press is the metaphorical equivalent of hand-waving. Pretty much all of the informed posters here have the ability to dig deeper than mouthing cliches from the press, so in this particular context bringing it up is a red herring.

LOL dude do you mean Red Hair Ring?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand your response. Can you please clarify?

You said Red Herring when you meant to say Red Hair Ring which is a common mistake.

"Red Hari Ring" is a term used to describe a distraction or someone trying to get you off topic. It started with the Barbary pirates whose commanders would promise the crew much but give them little. They would rob and plunder and when they went ashore they would find women. The commanders, who had already taken the most valuable treasures, would set up a distraction with local brothels during which they would bring the men in for a good time. The madams, who were in on the game, would bring out their most unattractive women, often redheads, first. These women came to be know as the "Red Hair Ring" and the commanders would tell the sex starved crew that they could choose first for a job well done. Once the enlisted were all paired off, the commanders would be shown to the better rooms of the establishment where the more attractive women awaited them. Much like they had already done with the treasures, the commanders got their pick of the women in a backward way due to the distraction of the Red Hair Ring.

@rapsheet

The #Colts declare QB Andrew Luck out again this week against the #Browns . Itll be Jacoby Brissett starting once again.

This could get interesting. Lose to the Browns and then lose week 4 to the Seahawks. I think you can see the Colts shut him down for the season and challenge the Jets for #1 pick. Which I think is great news for the Bills, cause the Jets ain't trading that pick for nothing, but the Colts might for two 1's and Two 2's over the next two years

@RapSheet

Nothing that's happened with #ColtsNFL_2017_INDColts_v2.png QB Andrew Luck has given anyone doubt that he plays this year. ... And keep an eye on Week 6 vs. #Titans

....a sad waste of talent in probably one of the worst organizations in the league......Irsay is a pathetic laugher.....Grigson was a joke and now has moved on to the Browns to "assist (COUGH)" in their rebuild......Pagano is Pagano.....

• 2 weeks later...

You said Red Herring when you meant to say Red Hair Ring which is a common mistake.

"Red Hari Ring" is a term used to describe a distraction or someone trying to get you off topic. It started with the Barbary pirates whose commanders would promise the crew much but give them little. They would rob and plunder and when they went ashore they would find women. The commanders, who had already taken the most valuable treasures, would set up a distraction with local brothels during which they would bring the men in for a good time. The madams, who were in on the game, would bring out their most unattractive women, often redheads, first. These women came to be know as the "Red Hair Ring" and the commanders would tell the sex starved crew that they could choose first for a job well done. Once the enlisted were all paired off, the commanders would be shown to the better rooms of the establishment where the more attractive women awaited them. Much like they had already done with the treasures, the commanders got their pick of the women in a backward way due to the distraction of the Red Hair Ring.

Hey, it's the Return of the Particle Sun! (Still my favorite thread of all time) :D

This could get interesting. Lose to the Browns and then lose week 4 to the Seahawks. I think you can see the Colts shut him down for the season and challenge the Jets for #1 pick. Which I think is great news for the Bills, cause the Jets ain't trading that pick for nothing, but the Colts might for two 1's and Two 2's over the next two years

The Jets are not going to get the #1 pick. There are worse teams than them even with all the tank talk.

Edited by Scott7975

We may have to wait until 2018 for the next Andrew Luck excuse thread.

BTW the Colts aren't great but all of this worst team in history because they're missing Luck is bogus. Erase one fluke comeback and they are tied for first.

I agree that there are worse teams than them.

Cleveland looks awful, again.

Thanks for the correction. As do the 49ers, Dolphins, Chargers, Giants, Colts. Some of them may be better teams but may still end up with a worse record.

Edited by Scott7975

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Browns and Colts are the top 2 picks and neither want to draft a QB? Meanwhile Sam Darnold isn't looking like a #1 overall pick. Every preseason prediction has gone out the window.

• 2 weeks later...

Think its about that time they shut him down for the season....

agreed. Brissett isn't bad. They have way too much money invested in luck to throw him out there if he's not 100%. This is his throwing shoulder. Also, the GM might be able to get a decent trade value out of Brissett if he plays decent for a whole season similar to Cassel back in the day.

agreed. Brissett isn't bad. They have way too much money invested in luck to throw him out there if he's not 100%. This is his throwing shoulder. Also, the GM might be able to get a decent trade value out of Brissett if he plays decent for a whole season similar to Cassel back in the day.

IIRC, there was a really good-looking poster that said that some team was going to get a quality developmental QB in Brissett with a mid-round pick...if only I could remember who that was...

@ Los Angeles L 46-9
vs Arizona L 16-13 OT
vs Cleveland W 31-28
@ Seattle L 46-18
vs San Francisco W 26-23 OT
@ Tennessee L 36-22
JB has been Serviceable.

wait ... on second thought

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

@ Los Angeles L 46-9

vs Arizona L 16-13 OT

vs Cleveland W 31-28

@ Seattle L 46-18

vs San Francisco W 26-23 OT

@ Tennessee L 36-22

JB has been Serviceable.

wait ... on second thought

IIRC, Brissett didn't take over until the third game of the season.

IIRC, there was a really good-looking poster that said that some team was going to get a quality developmental QB in Brissett with a mid-round pick...if only I could remember who that was...

Odd .... I don't recall saying that.

And his two wins have been against Cleveland and San Francisco. Both 0-6 teams. I just felt that was important to point that out for context

i agree his W-L isn't impressive but just watching him play, he's not bad at all. To the point where I could see a QB desperate team making him their starter or at least letting him come in and compete for the starting job (depending on how he does rest of year).

Pah. That poster never gets anything right anyway.... I have tuned him out. :)

*only joking Bandit.

What's sad is that NC State has had more NFL QB success than the Browns. Finley also looking intriguing this year.

Pah. That poster never gets anything right anyway.... I have tuned him out. :)

*only joking Bandit.

:lol:

I have to keep pointing out when I get a QB evaluation right in order to make myself feel better about missing so wildly on Dak :D

I've been saying that it myself, something about those NC State guys.