Who will be our outside WR?

Fastest two WR's on our roster are Streater and Ross. Ross has legitimate down field speed, some experience but mainly is a returner at this point. Streator has 4.35 speed at 6-2 and has a nice 14.0 career average. My bet is one of these guys land the job or both. Ross lived and worked out with Jackson playing for Washington. Not all is lost, we have 3-4 other guys that run 4.5's so we can move the ball.

Edited by USABuffaloFan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the KC/SF game and the color guy was talking up Goodwin as if he was the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice.

Said he had no QB in Buffalo and SF's QB will make him a star...

Did the color guy mention that Goodwin is, unfortunately, made of frost crystals?

I guess...

If not, Matt Barkley looked okay...

Remember when people on this site thought Barkley was a franchise QB. The same guys that think trading Watkins is brilliant.

I feel like either of Matthews, Jones, and Boldin can play outside.

They are all slot receivers none have the speed to play outside.

that player might not be on the roster yet

Sure, they will probably just pick up a number one receiver when final cuts are made.

My hope is that Holmes takes command. He's more suited for the Y and Zay is more of a slot receiver, no? Have him learn from one of the best in the meantime.

With Vlad looking expendable and the emergence of Yarbrough Holmes will have to improve a LOT for Beane not to cut him so they get a compensatory 3rd round pick.

With Vlad looking expendable and the emergence of Yarbrough Holmes will have to improve a LOT for Beane not to cut him so they get a compensatory 3rd round pick.

Oh yippee more picks that can be used to replace the guys they traded. These guys are brilliant.

Remember when people on this site thought Barkley was a franchise QB. The same guys that think trading Watkins is brilliant.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 forty. Steve Largent wasn't "fast". He was open a lot though. Andre Reed wasn't considered "fast" and neither was Michael Irvin. Last I looked they are all in the HOF. You can play outside WR if you know how to run routes with precision, know leverage, know how to disguise routes, etc. the Bills WR will be fine. Not that I like Sammy getting dealt, but they can still move the ball.

Streater and zay.

yes. good camps for both so far.

we currently have two premier slot guys in Matthews and Boldin, neither are field stretchers.

streater is fast as hell, and unlike goodwin can still run a crisp cut off route.

what the niners don't realize is we've had a great deep ball thrower here in Tyrod for years. Goody got released because he's too fragile and a one trick pony.

i love that we have bigger stronger more durable guys like Boldin and Matthews. helps in run blocking too.

Streater will gets snaps in place of Matthews or Boldin? I find that hard to believe. We'll see though.

I could see hm being in four receiver sets.

That sounds about right. Zay,Matthews and Boldin should be the top 3. Where they line up is a good question. Matthews made his biggest contributions from the slot but has played outside. Boldin can play outside, but would probably be most productive in the slot at this stage of his career. Zay can play both, but his young legs and decent speed should have him play outside due to default mostly...and Streater can come in 4th for deep speed on obvious passing downs. When everyone learns multiple positions, we could see alot of matchup based movement among the group.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 forty. Steve Largent wasn't "fast". He was open a lot though. Andre Reed wasn't considered "fast" and neither was Michael Irvin. Last I looked they are all in the HOF. You can play outside WR if you know how to run routes with precision, know leverage, know how to disguise routes, etc. the Bills WR will be fine. Not that I like Sammy getting dealt, but they can still move the ball.

Those guys played thirty years ago. By your logic why have people run the forty at the combine?

Boldin, JMatt, Zay is our 3 WR set. Holmes MAY be the 4th in 4 WR sets and split Zay inside. Pretty easy to make that call haha the coach pretty much said it. I'm not sure many people on here understand that JMatt really isn't a slot WR he was forced top play there due to the Eagles systems he played in. Jordan Matthews is 6'3", he will play on the outside for the Bills.

Edited by BillsMedia