official "happy that Sammys gone" thread

mrags

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Sammy was never a "team player" IMO...was always about him (as an individual) contrary to the "team" philosophy McDermott preached

2) His website / Facebook posts were ridiculous...why should I buy a SW14 shirt for a guy that works 16 weeks per year? Crazy

3) Availability....not nearly enough.

My faith in the new regime took a big hit today.

1) Sammy was never a "team player" IMO...was always about him (as an individual) contrary to the "team" philosophy McDermott preached

2) His website / Facebook posts were ridiculous...why should I buy a SW14 shirt for a guy that works 16 weeks per year? Crazy

3) Availability....not nearly enough.

What a bunch of nonsense.

These were watkins words:

To all the people that have a problem with me being injured you guys go out there and play this sport its a 100% injury rate, Watkins wrote. Im not first or last person thats gone be injured difference from me and you guys yall mad and Im not get a life and goto work stop worrying about my job because Im good on this end and forever will be losers most of you just wish to be in this position so continue working yall little jobs for the rest of yall lives since everyone once a response here go one have a blessed day.

Every doctor on the Bills staff states he was dealing with pain and could play through it. This comment was directed at someone that had a problem with him being injured, but cleared to play. Thats being critical. Sammy was a completely immature, nonprofessional, childish behavior in his lashing out. To state other wise would be deceitful seeing hiw Sammy apologized and deleted the immature attacks. Whats Ironic is you saying sammy was innocent after sammy himself admitted guilt in the form of an apology.

That's called being a pathetic loser: going on a player's personal social media site to harass them for being injured playing a game. That is beyond childish. It's curled up in the parents basement in your underwear kind of behavior. Sammy was guilty of nothing other than being politically incorrect to a few low life's trolling him on social media. That's it. He was put up to that " aplology" and should never have bothered. Those idiots were not deserving of an apology when all SW did is tell the truth.

That's called being a pathetic loser: going on a player's personal social media site to harass them for being injured playing a game. That is beyond childish. It's curled up in the parents basement in your underwear kind of behavior. Sammy was guilty of nothing other than being politically incorrect to a few low life's trolling him on social media. That's it. He was put up to that " aplology" and should never have bothered. Those idiots were not deserving of an apology when all SW did is tell the truth.

He did exactly as you state those "few low lifes" did. The same ones Sammy stated had little jobs. You know the same guy who was being instructed at Clemson to be a communication major. Yeah that guy.

To get a 2nd round pick for a player we most likely would lose next year ain't all bad. Also I don't see him staying healthy all season. I wish him the best and hope he can stay heathy but past performance is the best indicator of future performance.

Last year Sammy started 8 games. In those 8 games the Bills were 2-6 averaging 23 points a game. One of the wins was against Cleveland that the Bills won 33-13 and Sammy had 1 catch for 10 Yards. In the 8 games that Sammy did not play in, the Bills were 5-3, averaging 26.9 Points a game. I personally do not see the reason for the doom and gloom. He was fun to watch at times, but he was not a game changer IMO.

according to Pro Football Focus, Matthews has been the most productive slot receiver in the league over the last three years.

PFF has Matthews with a total of 2,389 receiving yards out of the slot the last three seasons to lead the league. Behind him are names like Randall Cobb, Jarvis Landry, Doug Baldwin and Larry Fitzgerald.

Sammy who?

according to Pro Football Focus, Matthews has been the most productive slot receiver in the league over the last three years.

PFF has Matthews with a total of 2,389 receiving yards out of the slot the last three seasons to lead the league. Behind him are names like Randall Cobb, Jarvis Landry, Doug Baldwin and Larry Fitzgerald.

Sammy who?

Doesn't matter with Boldin here. Matthews will likely have to play on the outside with the Bills and he just isn't as good as Sammy in that regard.

Im in.

Bills sold high and got rewarded.

I honestly think that during training camp is the time a team would pay the most for a player like Watkins.

Im very happy about this move

CBF

Sorry how is selling Watkins for a 6th round backup cornerback and a 2nd rounder for next year equal selling high? Sammy is a generational talent, not a backup WR. This was a poor trade. Gaines is also a free agent, of much lesser value than Sammy.

Second way you know how this was a bad trade? Eagles also needed a corner. And Rams needed a starting WR. The two of them have been talking to each other about trading the two players we got for a long time, but just couldn't pull it. Because they knew they didn't want the returning player. Instead, we took both of them and gave them better pieces. This is a rookie GM who got fleeced.

This is the pretend Jordan Matthews is good thread. Lololol.

yeah honestly right? How do so many people watch football and not get that you still need talent to win. Enjoy the Matthews drops! I'm starting to think these guys deserve the 17 year playoff drought. They deserve a 100 year playoff drought.

Last year Sammy started 8 games. In those 8 games the Bills were 2-6 averaging 23 points a game. One of the wins was against Cleveland that the Bills won 33-13 and Sammy had 1 catch for 10 Yards. In the 8 games that Sammy did not play in, the Bills were 5-3, averaging 26.9 Points a game. I personally do not see the reason for the doom and gloom. He was fun to watch at times, but he was not a game changer IMO.

There was some speculation he was a detractor to the offense because rather than spreading it around they tried so hard to feature him.

Once people get beyond the emotion, they are going to see a better team. These trasactions in whole, Sammy woods and Goodwin out, Zay, Q, Mathews in... made the WR corp, bigger, tougher, stronger, more available, more durable, better YAC.

Face it, the WR room is better than it's been in a very long time.

I'm not happy sammys gone, he's fun to watch. I understand why they did it, and it could prove to be a turning point of the franchise.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Im in.

Bills sold high and got rewarded.

I honestly think that during training camp is the time a team would pay the most for a player like Watkins.

Im very happy about this move

CBF

Solid take. We were pretty damn efficient without him last year and were among the league leaders in points scored.

I'm not in the HateSammyBoat but he wasn't reliable. Now there are rumors his work ethic was lacking.

The coach & GM have sent a clear message to the team and the fans.

Im all in! Went from pissed, to worried, to hopeful, to excited all in two days.

Edited by r00tabaga

Solid take. We were pretty damn efficient without him last year and were among the league leaders in points scored.

I'm not in the HateSammyBoat but he wasn't reliable. Now there are rumors his work ethic was lacking.

Im all in! Went from pissed, to worried, to hopeful, to excited all in two days.

I think a lot of people will be jumping in the boat with you.

There was some speculation he was a detractor to the offense because rather than spreading it around they tried so hard to feature him.

Once people get beyond the emotion, they are going to see a better team. These trasactions in whole, Sammy woods and Goodwin out, Zay, Q, Mathews in... made the WR corp, bigger, tougher, stronger, more available, more durable, better YAC.

I'm not happy sammys gone, he's fun to watch. I understand why they did it, and it could prove to be a turning point of the franchise.

The WR corp outside of a #1 is better than its been, yes. We do not currently have a #1 WR though. I do not have a problem with getting Matthews. He is an ok WR for Philly. But Sammy Watkins was clearly the better WR. You guys just have to face it and stop spinning it.

I mean, you say Watkins never plays, but he out matches Matthews easily when he "hardly plays" with less targets same number of seasons. Like someone said earlier, Sammy Watkins hasn't reached his ceiling, Matthews likely has.

349 2,673 11.9 78 19

275 2,459 16.1 84 17

Edited by What a Tuel

Seemed like when he was healthy ( not last season : pre- jones fracture) and they threw him the ball- he produced. That's about all I need to know about " work ethic". I don't subscribe to rumors . If you read between the lines, SWs comments post Rex firing about them needing a coach to be " harder on us" seemed to reveal that he thought some guys weren't working hard enough. Didn't seem like a slacker at all.

The WR corp outside of a #1 is better than its been, yes. We do not currently have a #1 WR though. I do not have a problem with getting Matthews. He is an ok WR for Philly. But Sammy Watkins was clearly the better WR. You guys just have to face it and stop spinning it.

I mean, you say Watkins never plays, but he out matches Matthews easily when he "hardly plays" with less targets same number of seasons. Like someone said earlier, Sammy Watkins hasn't reached his ceiling, Matthews likely has.

349 2,673 11.9 78 19

275 2,459 16.1 84 17

I didn't say Sammy never plays, and I didn't say Mathews is a better player. The availability comment included the top 3 Woods and Goodwin too.

But This notion that this is an unimaginable setback that will plummet last years 7-9 squad into a 1-15 team is rubbish.

Sammy averages about 8 more yards per game than Mathews has. They've both had a varying range of low end QBing.

These guys aren't a million miles apart and the offense will function without Watkins.

the one difference is none of current group will command a double team, otherwise I agree with your assessment.

I didn't say Sammy never plays, and I didn't say Mathews is a better player. The availability comment included the top 3 Woods and Goodwin too.

But This notion that this is an unimaginable setback that will plummet last years 7-9 squad into a 1-15 team is rubbish.

Sammy averages about 8 more yards per game than Mathews has. They've both had a varying range of low end QBing.

These guys aren't a million miles apart and the offense will function without Watkins.

I like the WR corp outside of Sammy being gone better than last year as well. I am not saying it will put us at 1-15 at all. I am simply saying our WR group is not as good without him.

They are a million miles apart though.

Sammy who?

All those guys are easily better than him.

Just remember to set your standards a bit lower...he's not what you think he is.

Thumbs up to this move.

If you consider our draft picks last spring and the guys we got in this trade (along with Anquon and friends) I dont even think anyone will notice the absence of Sammy and Ron Darby. The 2018 picks are frosting on the cake.

Yup, Sammy was fun to watch in the few games he played but was always injured...... even when he played in games.

I dont see how any fan cannot LOVE this move. Absolute no-brainer for all the reasons we've discussed ad nauseum.

We'll go .500 this year just as we would have had Sammy and Ron remained on the squad.

I'm hoping for a QB miracle this year and his name is Nathan.

ps....if the roles were reversed this board would blow up because we traded for a receiver thats injured all the time. Gaurantee it.

Edited by jaybee

I think a lot of people will be jumping in the boat with you.

I will even bring my own oar !

Thumbs up to this move.

If you consider our draft picks last spring and the guys we got in this trade (along with Anquon and friends) I dont even think anyone will notice the absence of Sammy and Ron Darby. The 2018 picks are frosting on the cake.

Yup, Sammy was fun to watch in the few games he played but was always injured...... even when he played in games.

I dont see how any fan cannot LOVE this move. Absolute no-brainer for all the reasons we've discussed ad nauseum.

We'll go .500 this year just as we would have had Sammy and Ron remained on the squad.

ps....if the roles were reversed this board would blow up because we traded for a receiver thats injured all the time. Gaurantee it.

yup.

you can hope for Nathan, but the Bills will hope on Tyrod as they should. and next hope they should have is.. nailing the next QB in the draft That's our best hope.

Love the Peterman Kid though !

Thumbs up to this move.

This was an awful move, and quite possibly for way beyond 2017. This season is pretty meaningless anyways unless TT busts out ( unlikely) or Peterman is the next Prescott ( even more unlikely). SW presence here probably wouldn't have changed the record enough to make the playoffs in 2017 I'll give you that. Going forward with a new (hopefully good) QB it could be very big indeed.

This was an awful move, and quite possibly for way beyond 2017. This season is pretty meaningless anyways unless TT busts out ( unlikely) or Peterman is the next Prescott ( even more unlikely). SW presence here probably wouldn't have changed the record enough to make the playoffs in 2017 I'll give you that. Going forward with a new (hopefully good) QB it could be very big indeed.

Walkin on a fence is tough...how do you do it?

Walkin on a fence is tough...how do you do it?

Not sure what that's about. I clearly said this was a bad move, and probably much worse in 2018 and beyond than just a short sighted view in the lens of just this season with TT at QB. The lack of Watkins going forward after this season could be much greater. I conceded that the Bills were not making the playoffs this year regardless. More of a big picture bad move by the FO. Not straddling any fences .

Not sure what that's about. I clearly said this was a bad move, and probably much worse in 2018 and beyond than just a short sighted view in the lens of just this season with TT at QB. The lack of Watkins going forward after this season could be much greater. I conceded that the Bills were not making the playoffs this year regardless. More of a big picture bad move by the FO. Not straddling any fences .

You just answered my question.