official "happy that Sammys gone" thread

mrags

With all the doom and gloom. With all the OMG it's a full tank. With all the people in this place that want to jump off a bridge. This is the place for everyone that is happy that Sammy is gone.

I'll be first. I don't hide it. Never have. I've hated Sammy here since he cost us 2 first rounders. Hated him even more when he called out the Buffalo Fans. Calling us "losers" and saying we have "little jobs". Hated him even more when he kept getting hurt. Not injured, Hurt and refused to play through pain.

I for one am extremely happy he's off this team. I am even more happy we got a WR that has outperformed with less support than Sammy has had. Happy we got a 2nd rounder back in the trade. Happy we ended up with a CB to replace Darby that is probably just as good and with the same upside going forward. And of course again with another pick.

This isn't a tank. If it was we would have just doubled up on draft picks instead of asking for players in the trades. This is not a tank because we still have McCoy, Taylor, Hughes, Dareus, Wood, Kyle. This is not a tank or we wouldn't have signed Boldin in the first place. Boldin and Mathews both outperformed Sammy in the last 3 seasons.

This is a thread for those that think it's hilarious that everyone is in full meltdown mode. This is a thread that enjoys the fact that we not only have players that can and will compete this season, but are finally ready to rock and roll come next years draft. Let's hope the Pegulas are paying a lot of money to scouts this season to figure out what QB we are going to draft next season of Taylor doesn't improve significantly. And chances are, they will draft one anyway.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was that bad of a deal. Not sure why so many are up in arms. They replaced sammys production just not his "potential"

This is a running team who doesn't target the #1 receivers as much as other teams do.

Pretty sure the 3 top receivers on the team now can match the same production as before Sammy was traded.

As for Darby he was just a casualty of making the rest of the pieces fit.

Anyone who has watched Carolina the last few years know they do not depend on a good secondary nor do they invest into it. With that said I expect they have some faith they can win some games this way. Let's be real playoffs was a long shot before and after these trades. Only difference is we have some serious ammo to make moves next year

I'm not happy that he is gone per-se, I just wish they never traded up in the draft for him, in one of the best WR drafts in recent history...

Having to get max value for him is not a win, it shows how inept this franchise really is.

Having said all that, Sammy IMO was a bust. If you can't stay on the field, you are useless.

Watkins is good, he just hasnt' been on the field. He's still really young. I feel like he could still catch on somewhere and have a big career with multiple pro bowls. Maybe not LA but he still has a long career ahead of him somewhere!

Also happy about this. Simply put wideouts are a nice to have, and quarterbacks are a must have. If this helps us get a long term answer at quarterback I am all for it. If you didnt make this move you end up getting nothing for a player you spent a fortune to get. If he has a bust season you lose out from the jump, if he plays great you end up paying 12-14million for a player with one year of elite production, it was a no win situation.

Sammy may have helped sell tickets, but he never made enough of an impact on the field to help the team win in a substantial way.

We'll see how happy you are when team's squeeze the short part of the field since there is nobody that can draw coverage away.

This offense will struggle this season...pass and run will be worse.

boldin/Mathews/Jones > Sammy/Woods/Goodwin

And that's even if Sammy was healthy

My whole deal on this is how it ended up in the end it was a BAD trade....

It would not have been a bad trade if Sammy had beat the injury bug and got a new contract at the end of the season.....but doing it like this we bought high and sold low.

And yes...I think Jordan Mathews IS a good receiver....its just that Sammy was a ELITE talent

My whole deal on this is how it ended up in the end it was a BAD trade....

It would not have been a bad trade if Sammy had beat the injury bug and got a new contract at the end of the season.....but doing it like this we bought high and sold low.

And yes...I think Jordan Mathews IS a good receiver....its just that Sammy was a ELITE talent

News Flash:

Watkins wasn't coming back next year.

Something instead of nothing.

Brilliant. I toast McBeane.