official "happy that Sammys gone" thread

mrags

Not happy that he is gone, but I'm OK with the wheeling and dealings of today. It's a good move in the long term. Kind of nice that Watkins was moved to the NFC West, where he will never be able to come back and burn us.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said in another thread how I like this a lot. Sammy would not have signed next year with us. I think the team knew that. Darby wasn't a zone "D" guy and we really drafted to play zone. Beane and McD are smart team players and are doing a great job. I love it.

I have to start off saying I loved BOTH Watkins and Darby ....

But looking at both trades, we get a CB of equal talent, a WR with better stats and who has proven to be more durable, and the Rams second round and Eagles third round picks.

I'm on board.

I agree. It's tough to see good, young players shipped out. From a purely production standpoint they were replaced.

What we lose is the elite potential, which is why we got the draft picks. Those picks come with their own potential, time will tell. What was it Parcells said about potential?

This is the pretend Jordan Matthews is good thread. Lololol.

Jordan Mathews is a good WR, his performance on the field back that up. The issue is that Watkins was supposed to great and an impact player.

Look at the stats and you see that Mathews is a player that is ready on game day, averages 75 catches and 6 TDs per season. A solid #2 WR.

Look at Watkins stats and they are not quite up to Mathews. Not nearly the production you want from a #1 WR. Especially one that is going to ask for a huge raise.

You can blame injuries and you can blame Tyrod but the numbers speak for themselves.

Jordan Mathews is a good WR, his performance on the field back that up. The issue is that Watkins was supposed to great and an impact player.

Look at the stats and you see that Mathews is a player that is ready on game day, averages 75 catches and 6 TDs per season. A solid #2 WR.

Look at Watkins stats and they are not quite up to Mathews. Not nearly the production you want from a #1 WR. Especially one that is going to ask for a huge raise.

You can blame injuries and you can blame Tyrod but the numbers speak for themselves.

This. ^

Men lie, women lie. Numbers don't.

Watkins did more with a lot less targets.

Oh hey guys, about Watkins not signing, how about Matthews not signing?

With all the doom and gloom. With all the OMG it's a full tank. With all the people in this place that want to jump off a bridge. This is the place for everyone that is happy that Sammy is gone.

I'll be first. I don't hide it. Never have. I've hated Sammy here since he cost us 2 first rounders. Hated him even more when he called out the Buffalo Fans. Calling us "losers" and saying we have "little jobs". Hated him even more when he kept getting hurt. Not injured, Hurt and refused to play through pain.

I for one am extremely happy he's off this team. I am even more happy we got a WR that has outperformed with less support than Sammy has had. Happy we got a 2nd rounder back in the trade. Happy we ended up with a CB to replace Darby that is probably just as good and with the same upside going forward. And of course again with another pick.

This isn't a tank. If it was we would have just doubled up on draft picks instead of asking for players in the trades. This is not a tank because we still have McCoy, Taylor, Hughes, Dareus, Wood, Kyle. This is not a tank or we wouldn't have signed Boldin in the first place. Boldin and Mathews both outperformed Sammy in the last 3 seasons.

This is a thread for those that think it's hilarious that everyone is in full meltdown mode. This is a thread that enjoys the fact that we not only have players that can and will compete this season, but are finally ready to rock and roll come next years draft. Let's hope the Pegulas are paying a lot of money to scouts this season to figure out what QB we are going to draft next season of Taylor doesn't improve significantly. And chances are, they will draft one anyway.

When do you start your simplistic, arrogant "We're doomed" thread ?

I don't dislike or hate or believe that Sammy wasn't a good player. But let's be real here, he wasn't dependable due to all his injury issues. He may end up being a huge stud elsewhere, but to me it seemed quite clear that we weren't going to pay him the sort of money that he believed he was worth, which was probably to be in the top 3 in the league. The fact that in his last year of his contract that they were able to get a DB that will get playing time, save huge amounts of money so that they can sign other players and a 2nd round pick, well...... They could have done worse.

I've watched Jordan Matthews drop easy balls perfectly thrown from Wentz often.

Enjoy the tank. Tied for 8th in League at drops w 6.

Edited by Maury Ballstein

Like him or hate him, he was still the best receiver on this roster. It's a hole in the offense now.

I don't think it's anymore of a hole then it was..Watkins stats were worse than Matthews...

I've watched Jordan Matthews drop easy balls perfectly thrown from Wentz often.

Enjoy the tank.

No, you haven't. You didn't know who he was before today.

Edited by jeremy2020

I don't think it's anymore of a hole then it was..Watkins stats were worse than Matthews...

No, you haven't. You didn't know who he was before today.

How can you possibly say this? Watkins got half of Matthews yards last year playing gimped. Its just plain dishonest to try and say Matthews was a better WR. Watkins outpaced him every year except last year when he didn't play most of the games.

How can you possibly say this? Watkins got half of Matthews yards last year playing gimped. Its just plain dishonest to try and say Matthews was a better WR. Watkins outpaced him every year except last year when he didn't play most of the games.

A "stud" wr who's glued to the training table is useless, especially when TT is throwing the ball.

TT is the 85 Taurus. Remember that.

With all the doom and gloom. With all the OMG it's a full tank. With all the people in this place that want to jump off a bridge. This is the place for everyone that is happy that Sammy is gone.

I'll be first. I don't hide it. Never have. I've hated Sammy here since he cost us 2 first rounders. Hated him even more when he called out the Buffalo Fans. Calling us "losers" and saying we have "little jobs". Hated him even more when he kept getting hurt. Not injured, Hurt and refused to play through pain.

I for one am extremely happy he's off this team. I am even more happy we got a WR that has outperformed with less support than Sammy has had. Happy we got a 2nd rounder back in the trade. Happy we ended up with a CB to replace Darby that is probably just as good and with the same upside going forward. And of course again with another pick.

This isn't a tank. If it was we would have just doubled up on draft picks instead of asking for players in the trades. This is not a tank because we still have McCoy, Taylor, Hughes, Dareus, Wood, Kyle. This is not a tank or we wouldn't have signed Boldin in the first place. Boldin and Mathews both outperformed Sammy in the last 3 seasons.

This is a thread for those that think it's hilarious that everyone is in full meltdown mode. This is a thread that enjoys the fact that we not only have players that can and will compete this season, but are finally ready to rock and roll come next years draft. Let's hope the Pegulas are paying a lot of money to scouts this season to figure out what QB we are going to draft next season of Taylor doesn't improve significantly. And chances are, they will draft one anyway.

I am glad you started this thread.

No matter how hard I tried, I could never really get behind Watkins. He may be great elsewhere, but I couldn't care less. Glad he's gone. Looking forward to a fresh start.

I am glad you started this thread.

No matter how hard I tried, I could never really get behind Watkins. He may be great elsewhere, but I couldn't care less. Glad he's gone. Looking forward to a fresh start.

Have a beer from the keg of optimism. On me.

:beer: