Sunday Ticket 2017

Mr Info

That was the same deal that I got. Probably could have called back again to get something better, but decided not worth the hassle either.

$179 for max from a Sunday Ticket rep. Was good enough for me.

Am curious, do you have any movie packages , etc or other extras, as often heard they will give you more credits the higher your normal bill is.

My regular credits just expired so I need call back and get something off normal bill.

Just made my annual call and I got the following with my contract now expired:

NFL Sunday Ticket at no charge.

Upgraded to Max for $96 ($16/month for 6 months)

Bill Credit of $50/month for 12 months with no additional commitment

Bill Credit of $22/month for 6 months with no additional commitment

I'm satisfied with what I got, but I had to cancel Sunday Ticket Max in order to get Sunday Ticket for free.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the same deal that I got. Probably could have called back again to get something better, but decided not worth the hassle either.

Am curious, do you have any movie packages , etc or other extras, as often heard they will give you more credits the higher your normal bill is.

My regular credits just expired so I need call back and get something off normal bill.

I have the Premier package that gives me HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz. The combined $22 per month credit for six months was for those channels.

So i called today....twice...first time I was offered $40 credit and sunday ticket max for $100 for 1 year contract...i declined...i called back 10 minutes later...the lady gave me regular Sunday ticket no questions asked for free and $40 credit for year with 1 year contract...she then gave me a $10 and $12 credit for a couple months and told me to call back after those are up...she also threw in 4 months of showtime....ive been with directv for 6 years and this will be my 6th year with the ticket at no charge..also if you use att for cellular...you automatically get $25 off your dtv bill and free hbo

So i called today....twice...first time I was offered $40 credit and sunday ticket max for $100 for 1 year contract...i declined...i called back 10 minutes later...the lady gave me regular Sunday ticket no questions asked for free and $40 credit for year with 1 year contract...she then gave me a $10 and $12 credit for a couple months and told me to call back after those are up...she also threw in 4 months of showtime....ive been with directv for 6 years and this will be my 6th year with the ticket at no charge..also if you use att for cellular...you automatically get $25 off your dtv bill and free hbo

You have to have AT&T Unlimited Plus data Plan to get this

Correct

Found that out after it was promised to me....DirecTV gives nice discounts but I always have to call back because mistakes are made and not everything is as promised. I get it cleared up but it's frustrating

Called yesterday received ST Max upgrade for free, received 20$ off each ST payment, received 40$ off for 12 months and six months free sports package (not much value from that but figure I can get Sabres pre and post games ) Tried t get more discounts for NHL center ice but nothing else was available. I never threaten to cancel service just ask for retention right off the start of call and than ask nicely for ways to reduce my over bill that during ST and NHL charge time gets to be about 200$ a month with no movie channels.

Found that out after it was promised to me....DirecTV gives nice discounts but I always have to call back because mistakes are made and not everything is as promised. I get it cleared up but it's frustrating

That's right. I had to make 3 calls before they got it situated as promised.

Just made my annual call. Been with DirecTV since the Bills were a playoff team....

First rep offered the $17 off/month for ST Max ($179 total) and said that was the best she could do.

I protested very mildly and she sent me to another rep. Took him about two minutes to offer ST Max for $50 total plus a bill credit of 10/month for 12 months. Got the ticket and $70 bucks back to spend on the Bills game in Atlanta.

I would guess I've gotten deals like this roughly 2/3 of the time. The other 1/3 of the time I'll pay around 1/2 price for the ticket. I can't complain, but they can't either. I send them a lot of money every month for 4 lines of wireless and home internet too.

Edited by texasjute

I made a mistake this year. I called and got Max for $99 on 7/22. At that time they said call back after 8/20 as thats when you $50 a month ends to extend that. I called back and I got a snotty B word in customer loyalty that told me the only offer they had for me was 30$ a month for a year. I pointed out I've been a customer since 1998 and others are getting at least $45. She literally told me she didn't care "everybody has a different situation". I told her I wanted to talk to someone else and she said "there is no one else, you reached the end of the line" . Wow, worst customer service I have gotten ever from DTV, she must have come from ATT.

...Guess I should have waited until 8/20 to do it all.

Just made the call.

Downgraded from Premier to Xtra. I was month to month with no agreement, which meant the deals pretty much sucked. I asked if there were additional incentives if I went to a contract, and the lady said yes so I was sent to the "Loyalty Department".

For a 12 month contract here is what I got:

-$20.00 off per month for 12 months (entire term of contract :thumbsup: )

-Free Sunday Ticket

-Maxx for $16.00 per month

If I had stayed with Premier, they would have given me $32.00 off for 6 months. As Homeland & Billions arent coming back till next year I politely declined. :D

I fully canceled my DTV in winter. Resisted they're efforts to retain me.

I did the same thing. They offered the NFL package for free and a huge overall discount for programming. I got the Firestick and will watch games through the stream.

I called earlier in the year, perhaps it was late July and they gave me $60.00 off my entire bill for one year and non-renewing HBO for free for 6 months.

They offered me $29.00/month payments for ST, but I felt that wasn't good enough and decided to call back closer to the season.

I called today and when the voice prompt came up I said "Cancel" and was asked if I wanted to cancel. I was taken directly to the right department!

After a nice talk and true honesty about wanting ST for free, Jamie from Alabama got me ST for free this year.

I'm pretty happy about that! $281.00 stays in my pocket and can get me into my Dodge Challenger 392 just a little bit faster!!!

#JustGottaHaveOne

2015-dodge-challenger-scat-pack-3.jpg

Edited by BuffalOhio

I did my annual call...super easy.

First, the Results: Saved over $80 off my bill. $17 of that will come back in 6 months (thats movie channel 6 month discounts), rest is off for the year or permanently.

My package: Highest content package with also HBO, Starz, and Showtime.

Equipment: 3TV's with Genie system. I actually have 5 TV's, so $14 of the savings was deactivating 2 of them because we never use them in the bedroom. When we do watch TV in the bedroom, we just use the AppleTV or Amazon Fire to watch movies, Netflix, Prime, etc.

New Price: $108/month WITH NFL Package Free. Old price was $191 but we werent really paying that, its just all of last years 12 month promos all expired this month, so thats what the Bill would be if I hadn't did my annual call.

Story: Simply called, asked for cancellations department. When they asked why, said its too expensive. Explained I can get Playstation Vue with HBO and Showtime for $75 a month. As she got the bill way down, I told her thats great, but there is literally no reason for me to still pay more than I would pay on Playstation Vue for essentially the same service. I said the only way I can get my girl to sign off on it (not that my girl cares, I pay the DirecTV bill anyway, but they don't know that) is if I get that new price plus the NFL package free. Otherwise, I have no case to keep her from wanting to cancel and go with Vue. Operator said no problem, we will give that to you free as well.

All and all, it was super simple, didn't need to ask for a manager this year, and didn't even argue. Very easy and quick and she shaved a lot off my bill on top of the package free.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Okay let me first say the last 2 years I have been shutout. I see all these great deals I got nothing. I had a nice run going before that of getting ST for free like 5 or 6 years in a row. I wasn't even going to call but I thought what the hell. I actually went without ST last year because I didn't want to pay the full price like the year before. Not worth the money imo.

So as soon as I got the prompts I said cancellation. I said to the lady how much longer do I have on my contract. She said 11 more months. I said the bills is too high. She says " I could take $20 off the bill for 12 months & give you ST for free. I said sure. Easiest call I have ever had with DTV. I didn't even have to extend my contract. It literally took 2 minutes. Glad I called, thanks everybody for their insight/experiences.

Okay let me first say the last 2 years I have been shutout. I see all these great deals I got nothing. I had a nice run going before that of getting ST for free like 5 or 6 years in a row. I wasn't even going to call but I thought what the hell. I actually went without ST last year because I didn't want to pay the full price like the year before. Not worth the money imo.

So as soon as I got the prompts I said cancellation. I said to the lady how much longer do I have on my contract. She said 11 more months. I said the bills is too high. She says " I could take $20 off the bill for 12 months & give you ST for free. I said sure. Easiest call I have ever had with DTV. I didn't even have to extend my contract. It literally took 2 minutes. Glad I called, thanks everybody for their insight/experiences.

Everyone gets something different but you have to call and try...well done

I called earlier in the year, perhaps it was late July and they gave me $60.00 off my entire bill for one year and non-renewing HBO for free for 6 months.

They offered me $29.00/month payments for ST, but I felt that wasn't good enough and decided to call back closer to the season.

I called today and when the voice prompt came up I said "Cancel" and was asked if I wanted to cancel. I was taken directly to the right department!

After a nice talk and true honesty about wanting ST for free, Jamie from Alabama got me ST for free this year.

I'm pretty happy about that! $281.00 stays in my pocket and can get me into my Dodge Challenger 392 just a little bit faster!!!

#JustGottaHaveOne

2015-dodge-challenger-scat-pack-3.jpg

that is a sweet ride!

FYI: In the future, I find it easiest to first request cancellations department. Then when I get there, I immediately ask for a cancellations supervisor. And keep insisting until you get one, they can do way more and will do way more than most of the regular reps.

This was the first year I did not have to do it, oddly there have been a lot of stories here and people I know where this was the easiest year yet, myself included. I think it has a lot to do with many other digital competitors offering similar packages to cable and satellite now and they are losing their edge and are more focused on retention than ever before. And there are several others about to come out from big media and telecommunication companies too very soon. Cable and Satellite companies are losing in the battle of pricing to them, and now the services are getting very close.

Playstation Vue for instance offers a massive channel package, local channels, and HBO and Showtime for just $75 per month. And thats even cheaper if you go with less channels. The only hit they took was when they lost Viacom which means no more Comedy Central, MTV, VH1 etc...but still for the value, those aren't that bad to lose considering they are substantially cheaper still.

Did the annual dance this year. Canceled the service then called the winback number.

Knocked off $45 a month from bill for 12 months.

Free Sunday ticket Max.

All movie channels free for 3 months.

$200 gift card.

Can't remember the last time we paid for Sunday Ticket. Gotta be going on Year 7 or 8.

Called today, went to Customer Loyalty, and got a very nice lady with a sense of humor. Instead of goofing around, I just explained I just don't want to pay for Ticket, and have no problem canceling it but wanted to see what she could do.

Free ticket. Free Redzone. ATT Uverse, which I recently upgraded, cut $15/month forever. $50/month DTV credit for 12 months. HBO, Cinemax free for 6 mos, Starz for 4 mos, and Sports Pack free for a year.

I have no idea what Sports Pack is, but apparently it has every sports channel you can think of.

Except ESPN The Ocho, which means I'll miss out on the National Dodgeball Championship. Oh, well.

Just tried again via the online chat. Stated I had cancelled earlier and was intending to not have it but friend said he had gotten the ticket for free. Billing rep offered me $17 off for 6 months ($179.94 total cost for Sunday Ticket). It's their current promotion. I said that was still too much and that I did not want him to add it to my account. Requested someone else to speak to, either retention or sports packaging. He said there were no other offers. Said I wanted to speak to them anyway.

Took awhile but got someone in retention. She read over the convo and gave it to me for free this year! I've had Directv for 3 years and done this each year. First time i've gotten it for free. I thought I was going to have trouble because i'm in the middle of a 2 year contract and don't really have the option of fully cancelling.

Since I am a Florida Snowbird, I called to make sure my Sunday Ticket wasn't going to start & have me billed automatically. So I called about a month ago & they offered me a $45/month credit.

I called Customer Retention on their direct number and asked about the Ticket. The girl laughingly asked who my team was. When I said the Bills, she said for Bills fans the Ticket is free. She was kidding of course about the Bills fan part, but it was for free. She then said that she would knock off another $10/mo & gave me a choice of 4 months free Showtime or 6 months free HBO.

All this and I never asked for anything, just schmoozed them by being polite and asking if my FL Ticket was still active in Bflo.

For those who don't have it, the Retention direct number is 866-431-8482. Good luck.

I cancelled the ticket for the first time as I am in the process of moving to South Carolina. Last year I stopped watching live games and had more enjoyable Sundays. I'm not as enthused this year with all the changes. I watched the Baltimore game on tape last night and it was awful. Hopefully they surprise me and start winning later in the season. I'm optimistically thinking 7-9 this year. Has anyone started mover during the season with the ticket? My new house already has the satellite, so I may give it another try. Thanks for the number.

Here's my latest DirecTV update. I called back yesterday (recall, I contacted them a few weeks ago and got ST for free and Max for $96). I got through to Customer Loyalty and a friendly guy on the line. I simply told him my bill was pretty high and I wondered if they could give me Max for free or offer any other discounts. Right away he offered a $15/mo. reduction for a year, which I accepted. Then he asked if I was an AT&T wireless customer (which I am). By upgrading my wireless plan to "Unlimited Plus" -- an $18 increase -- I get a $25/mo. lifetime reduction on my DTV bill, plus lifetime HBO ($17.99, and that is the only movie channel I subscribe to).

I wasn't ready to hang up yet so I asked if they could throw in Center Ice (normally $38.49 x 4 payments). He went to talk to his manager and came back with another $15/mo. discount for the year -- which covers Center Ice with $20 to spare.

In total:

ST for free ($282)

$30 discount for 12 months ($360)

Lifetime HBO free ($216/yr.) -- this is offset by the same $ increase in phone bill

Lifetime $25 monthly discount ($300/yr.)

$942 in savings over the next 12 months.

Interesting that some got the ticket for free. I re newed my contract in June. Asked for the ticket free and the guy told me they couldn't do it. Told me to call in August to see if they had any promotions. Was pissed because I've always gotten Sunday ticket free when I re new my contract. Called back last week and they offered me Sunday ticket max for $30 a month for 4 months. I caved in and did it. The woman wouldn't budge. I've never ever had to pay for the ticket after renewing my contract. Still a bit bitter about it

Just spent 90 min on the phone w/ DTV calling Caribbean, Philippines etc. Disconnected 5 times. Most worthless company ever. They can offer you anywhere from free to full pop which is $45 payments for 6 months. If you complain and ask for a supervisor they simply cut you off or disconnect you and move on to the next person. Considering how crappy we're going to be this year, I think I'm just going to drop it. Watch the lowlights on NFLN....

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Called today and after a few minutes, was transferred to customer loyalty. The man I spoke to was not overly friendly but after being up front about being a customer for 5 years, he took a minute to review our options. He initially stated that my deal was the best he could. When I informed him that my contract was expiring and I think that I will look for another cable provider, he asked what kind of shows/channels I'm interested in. Of course, I mentioned spots as one. He came back and offered Sunday Tix for free.

As many have stated, persistence and leverage are key. I never found yelling or threatening in an angry manner to be as effective as simple a conversation.

Call now, folks!

Called today and after a few minutes, was transferred to customer loyalty. The man I spoke to was not overly friendly but after being up front about being a customer for 5 years, he took a minute to review our options. He initially stated that my deal was the best he could. When I informed him that my contract was expiring and I think that I will look for another cable provider, he asked what kind of shows/channels I'm interested in. Of course, I mentioned spots as one. He came back and offered Sunday Tix for free.

As many have stated, persistence and leverage are key. I never found yelling or threatening in an angry manner to be as effective as simple a conversation.

Call now, folks!

How the hell can you call yourself EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE?!?!?!?

I cancelled my Sunday Ticket after last season. I just called the loyalty line and with no haggling at all I was given a $55 credit for 12 months, free showtime, and free sports channels. Better than Sunday Ticket for free. Next Sept I will call back and do it all again.

I haven't read all of the previous posts so forgive me if this is stated elsewhere. I don't have DirecTV anymore but am able to get out of market Sunday ticket and red zone channel for $100. https://nflst.directv.com/student Just put my GF's name, school and BDay in and I'm able to get the games. I live in Florida so the Bills games are usually out of market for me. Plus I love the redzone channel. good luck.

I haven't read all of the previous posts so forgive me if this is stated elsewhere. I don't have DirecTV anymore but am able to get out of market Sunday ticket and red zone channel for $100. https://nflst.directv.com/student Just put my GF's name, school and BDay in and I'm able to get the games. I live in Florida so the Bills games are usually out of market for me. Plus I love the redzone channel. good luck.

Does out of market even matter since games are no longer blacked out?