Sunday Ticket 2017

Mr Info

I received my form letter from Directv about the 2017 a couple of days ago. In it, I saw the statement "Your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription subscription will renew automatically. Look for the first of six easy monthly payments of $62.99 on an upcoming bill." At the bottom of the statement in smaller print was "If you decide to cancel, you must call 1.800.531.5000 no later than September 10, 2017."

Like most, if not all of you, I have never paid full price for Sunday Ticket. Every year, there is always that Directv call. Years prior I was interested in what others had negotiated so I always went to a similar thread on TBD for reference.

So, I called that number, and stated I wanted to change my programming. I assume that a first level rep picked up. We spoke very briefly and said I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket because it was too expensive. I also reminded him that I was a long-time Sunday Ticket client and also an AT&T mobile account holder. He came back on the line and told me that there would be no charge this year for Sunday Ticket Max. I was a bit taken aback and asked him to confirm which he did. Shortest call I ever had with Directv and great start to a weekend. :beer: Hope everyone else does as well or better.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my form letter from Directv about the 2017 a couple of days ago. In it, I saw the statement "Your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription subscription will renew automatically. Look for the first of six easy monthly payments of $62.99 on an upcoming bill." At the bottom of the statement in smaller print was "If you decide to cancel, you must call 1.800.531.5000 no later than September 10, 2017."

Like most, if not all of you, I have never paid full price for Sunday Ticket. Every year, there is always that Directv call. Years prior I was interested in what others had negotiated so I always went to a similar thread on TBD for reference.

So, I called that number, and stated I wanted to change my programming. I assume that a first level rep picked up. We spoke very briefly and said I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket because it was too expensive. I also reminded him that I was a long-time Sunday Ticket client and also an AT&T mobile account holder. He came back on the line and told me that there would be no charge this year for Sunday Ticket Max. I was a bit taken aback and asked him to confirm which he did. Shortest call I ever had with Directv and great start to a weekend. :beer: Hope everyone else does as well or better.

Wait, are you sure they weren't saying you still pay the $400 for Sunday Ticket but they're giving you Max for free? To me that's not a good deal because I wouldn't get Max anyways.

...He came back on the line and told me that there would be no charge this year for Sunday Ticket Max. I was a bit taken aback and asked him to confirm which he did. Shortest call I ever had with Directv and great start to a weekend. :beer: Hope everyone else does as well or better.

Beware! I went through this exact scenario last year and got into a huge fight with DTV. If I'm wrong then I apologize but I'd bet dollars to donuts that you only are receiving the ST max for free while still paying for the base ST package.

Beware! I went through this exact scenario last year and got into a huge fight with DTV. If I'm wrong then I apologize but I'd bet dollars to donuts that you only are receiving the ST max for free while still paying for the base ST package.

I think you're right.

Thanks Herc, LJC, and Tony P (which is also my real name). I called back and Max was free but on top of the $62.99 x 6 regular payments. Told them that was too much and call was escalated to a manager. I am getting it free this year. Will receive a confirmation email and got the employee ID of the manager that made the change. Still good news :worthy:

Ah the annual Call DTV thread.

Yes you call them and ask for a discount.

Most (long term) customers get a price break. That $62 is for ALL NFL programs.

I opt out of that and pay for the smaller package for $29 a month.

I believe it comes to about $10 per game. (17) weeks.

It's the same with all programming. I call every 6 months and ask for discounts.

I get all HBO's, Showtime, Stars, Cinemax, etc, and a sports package all for $150 a month.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I usually start my call off a little more aggressive & start off with telling them to cancel my acct. When they ask why, I explain the truth, I only have DirectV for the NFL package but it is way too expensive so just cancel it & I'll live with the Xfinity that I already have at my house. I currently have 10 TVs set up in my house, 8 on Direct & 2 Xfinity.

Go Bills!!!!!

Very interesting that the op was able to get it free. I litterally just renewed my contract with directv and asked for the Sunday ticket and they wouldn't give it to me. The guy I spoke with said to call back in August and ask for it again when their might be promotions happening. Was kind of pissed about not getting it. I've been paying $150 a month for my directv and for that price they should've give it to me

Do you have a college student in your family or at least know one? If so drop Direct tv and pay $99 for the season. Stream it on one of your streaming devices like firestick, roku, Apple Tv or whatever else you have.

I've done the kodi and streaming websites and they're ok but not 100 percent reliable.

Do you have a college student in your family or at least know one? If so drop Direct tv and pay $99 for the season. Stream it on one of your streaming devices like firestick, roku, Apple Tv or whatever else you have.

I've done the kodi and streaming websites and they're ok but not 100 percent reliable.

What's the deal for students?

I don't know, but I might be willing to go back to school fore that. (I've actually been looking into some classes, and the savings might help pay for them. :) )

Usually $99. Streaming only. All you need is a college student's name and school. Apparently they have a database and know who goes where. Once you confirm a name you can use any email or credit card.

Usually $99. Streaming only. All you need is a college student's name and school. Apparently they have a database and know who goes where. Once you confirm a name you can use any email or credit card.

This is so cool (or sad)! I might qualify while my kids will not!