Buffalo Bills Fans Documentary

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make one about the fans who pay thousands of dollars each year to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a dogs lifetime. The out of towners who drive hours each way to watch the games and spend thousands over time on direct tv Sunday ticket. The lifers who Spend hours each day on the message boards and the wgr app and follow the team like they are a family member. Only to be embarrassed each and every Sunday of each and every season...Yet still somehow through it all, get themselves back up to do it all over again. The fans still standing through an inexcusable era or disgraceful football. Finding ways to reinvent futility, in a league built on parody. Make a doc on those Bills fans. Not the ones throwing people through tables and most likely, not even watching the game. Bills fans deserve better then what we get. Some day it will all be worth it, but until then...it sucks.

Make one about the fans who pay thousands of dollars each year to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a dogs lifetime. The out of towners who drive hours each way to watch the games and spend thousands over time on direct tv Sunday ticket. The lifers who Spend hours each day on the message boards and the wgr app and follow the team like they are a family member. Only to be embarrassed each and every Sunday of each and every season...Yet still somehow through it all, get themselves back up to do it all over again. The fans still standing through an inexcusable era or disgraceful football. Finding ways to reinvent futility, in a league built on parody. Make a doc on those Bills fans. Not the ones throwing people through tables and most likely, not even watching the game. Bills fans deserve better then what we get. Some day it will all be worth it, but until then...it sucks.

Great post. The #BillsMafia types are generally younger guys (although I am as well) who grew up with losing teams. Losing is what they are accustomed to. They don't care one bit about wins and losses. They just want to get drunk, and be part of the NFL experience on Sunday.

Devoted fans like many of us here have stood by the team despite our constant disappointment. First and foremost I'm a Bills fan, but honestly the last 16 years haven't provided all that many good times. We just happen to be in relationship that we are too devoted to quit.

Thank you for pointing this out. He also doesn't drink and is a devout Christian and a family man.

That's confirmed here.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/07/30/janine-talley-how-the-bills-mafia-became-a-movement/

So then, question - is this documentary wrongly using the Bills Mafia name in highlighting over the top partiers?

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Psh, the, ahem, "mafia" couldn't hold a candle to the wild Rich Stadium days of the 70's and 80's.

Difference is, it wasn't a contest to broadcast such buffoonery to the world.

Probably only because there was no avenue to do so.

Give them camera/video phones and twitter, and it would have been the same thing

I am not one for 90's nostalgia but I want to see those brought back. Along with the 80's Sabres jerseys.

Probably because you weren't born yet

Sounds boring

The Browns are disgraceful. The Bills are hard luck.

Barstool is constantly trolling Bills fans.

I don't see how this will turn out any differently. But hey, to each his own. People want to keep trying to outrank each other on the idiot meter, have at it, I suppose.

We park in a private lot that has filtered out such antics. And I know the knuckleheads don't represent the majority of Bills faithful. Too bad they get all the 'press'.

AMEN !!!

Probably only because there was no avenue to do so.

Give them camera/video phones and twitter, and it would have been the same thing

Different time, different place. Can't change it.

I'm glad this all wasn't around back then, especially when I see younger people totally addicted to such devices, and measuring self-worth against how many people "follow" or "like" them. I also enjoyed not knowing everyones' thoughts, daily activities and meals ;)

Explain. The Browns have been more poorly managed than the Bills without question. Please don't try to say it's been 16 years of bad luck though. This franchise has also made some incredibly poor decisions.

To me "disgraceful" is multiple seasons of 5 wins or less. The Bills are a rung above that. Splitting hairs? Maybe. The fact is they are "in it" for 2/3rds of the season. They win enough to give you a little hope. Maybe being close for 16 seasons is worse than going 0-16 every year.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

To me "disgraceful" is multiple seasons of 5 wins or less. The Bills are a rung above that. Splitting hairs? Maybe. The fact is they are "in it" for 2/3rds of the season. They win enough to give you a little hope. Maybe being close for 16 seasons is worse than going 0-16 every year.

Fair enough. I just think that it's very difficult to miss the playoffs for 16 years in the NFL. Far too many "cute" draft picks have been made where we tried to outsmart the entire league. Sure, we are mathematically "in it" almost every year, but honestly after October isn't the season always over?

Great post. The #BillsMafia types are generally younger guys (although I am as well) who grew up with losing teams. Losing is what they are accustomed to. They don't care one bit about wins and losses. They just want to get drunk, and be part of the NFL experience on Sunday.

Devoted fans like many of us here have stood by the team despite our constant disappointment. First and foremost I'm a Bills fan, but honestly the last 16 years haven't provided all that many good times. We just happen to be in relationship that we are too devoted to quit.

This sums it up for me.

That's confirmed here.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/07/30/janine-talley-how-the-bills-mafia-became-a-movement/

So then, question - is this documentary wrongly using the Bills Mafia name in highlighting over the top partiers?

To me it is negligent of the documentary makers if they do not tell the entire story of how the Bills Mafia got started. The film makers could also point out who Dell is and what he wants the Bills Mafia to stand for. However, that won't get anywhere near the attention showing some people doing crazy stunts screaming 'billsmafia' .

Maybe his doesn't warrant another thread but it's up now, anyone watch it yet?

Just finished watching it, waste of 10 minutes. All it is was an extended table slamming video with a lot of people saying !@#$ and trying to legitimize what they're doing.

To me it is negligent of the documentary makers if they do not tell the entire story of how the Bills Mafia got started. The film makers could also point out who Dell is and what he wants the Bills Mafia to stand for.

No mention of Dell or why it was started.

Just finished watching it, waste of 10 minutes. All it is was an extended table slamming video with a lot of people saying !@#$ and trying to legitimize what they're doing.

10 minutes? That's it?

Do they at least have Kenny in it?