Buffalo Bills Fans Documentary

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, there will be tailgating...there is tailgating at every stadium.

And you better Billieve that we will figure out a way to do the same stuff at the next venue. By we, I mean you youngsters who like catching fire and acting a fool.

And you better Billieve that we will figure out a way to do the same stuff at the next venue. By we, I mean you youngsters who like catching fire and acting a fool.

Unless the new stadium tickets cost more and price the college age/fresh out of school types out of going.

I don't know what is worse...

1 - The guy who is doing a very very bad John Facenda imitation doing the documentary voice work.

2 - Morons who think they are "funny" or "cool" by virtue of their tailgating shenanigans or even worse in game stuff..."dildo boys".

3 - Who thought this documentary was a good idea?

This makes me want a downtown stadium even more, where hopefully a lot of this crap gets eliminated, or the idiots get priced out of the stadium.

Yeah BillsMafia may be lame but is more original than others. Would you prefer the equally lame and over used BillsNation like RadiersNation made famous? Or Bills Fan Club?

I would argue the second two are worse. They want to call themselves something that ID's the team with the fans, what would you suggest? BillsIdiots? BillsJerks? maybe?

bills backers is kind of cool. We should start using that.

bills backers is kind of cool. We should start using that.

I like it. There could be bars that show the games, call them Bills Backers Bars. And a map so if you're out of town you can find others Bills Backers to watch the game with.

exactly.

This mafia **** is and always was lame

I disagree. Here's how it originated, from its' founder:

A: #BillsMafia actually started as a tongue-in-cheek reference I made to a few of us who were blocked by Adam Schefter for making jokes about his retweet of Stevie Johnson’s infamous “God” tweet back in November 2010. It remained an inside joke for around 9 months or so until Bills players like Nick Barnett, Stevie Johnson, and Aaron Williams discovered and embraced the term. Since then, we’ve managed to take this “family” (or, FAMbase) and turn it into an actual 501©(3) charity that holds events, sells unique merchandise, and tries to take the passion and pride we have as fans and channel it into good works in the community.

I like it. There could be bars that show the games, call them Bills Backers Bars. And a map so if you're out of town you can find others Bills Backers to watch the game with.

FANtastic idea.

A: #BillsMafia actually started as a tongue-in-cheek reference I made to a few of us who were blocked by Adam Schefter for making jokes about his retweet of Stevie Johnsons infamous God tweet back in November 2010. It remained an inside joke for around 9 months or so until Bills players like Nick Barnett, Stevie Johnson, and Aaron Williams discovered and embraced the term. Since then, weve managed to take this family (or, FAMbase) and turn it into an actual 501©(3) charity that holds events, sells unique merchandise, and tries to take the passion and pride we have as fans and channel it into good works in the community.

They really don't do many events as Del has turned his attention to supporting his family with his t-shirt company.

FANtastic idea.

They really don't do many events as Del has turned his attention to supporting his family with his t-shirt company.

You mean the t-shirt company that donates proceeds to sick kids?

A: #BillsMafia actually started as a tongue-in-cheek reference I made to a few of us who were blocked by Adam Schefter for making jokes about his retweet of Stevie Johnsons infamous God tweet back in November 2010. It remained an inside joke for around 9 months or so until Bills players like Nick Barnett, Stevie Johnson, and Aaron Williams discovered and embraced the term. Since then, weve managed to take this family (or, FAMbase) and turn it into an actual 501©(3) charity that holds events, sells unique merchandise, and tries to take the passion and pride we have as fans and channel it into good works in the community.

I get the history. But knew it world be associated with the negatives. It is too easy of a label to not have this happen. It was a poor choice

FANtastic idea.

I have a fantastic idea. I am going to make borderline copyright infringement apparel to a rabid fan base and use viral marketing and social media with the look of philanthropy, too, in order to begin a commercial venture! And, heck, in time, I bet I can turn it in to a 503c!

The irony is that whilst Del may be a great guy, his schtick and choice of opportunity to begin his project has the reality that not all of those who you desire will cling to your cause. He's left holding the pot he created to further his own interest while others piss in it.

I wholly foresaw this and will soon laugh when he attempts to form a non prof

It's 10 minutes, I watched it before work. It's wasn't as bad as I thought it would in the sense of depicting the Billsmafia. I did enjoy the one guy they had one for like 20 seconds who called all of them c%^&$ for ruining tailgating and all they wanted to do is capture that crap on their phones.

Yes, but some of the stadiums are really cracking down on it and taking away a lot of the fun.

By look of the videos, cranking beers on their heads and together for show wasting half of a light beer, they probable enter the stadium sober!

I thought it was funny, more or less. And anyone who doesn't think that the Brady dildo thing should be in the annals of Buffalo sports fandom ... well, I don't know what to say. It was definitely crude and lowbrow, but inspired nonetheless.

Edited by dave mcbride

they should have videotaped the tailgaiting at the New England game 2 yrs ago. might as well have been the Super Bowl. craziest atmosphere i've ever seen, including multiple playoff runs in the early 90's

and ps, "Bills Mafia" is a group of internet nerds that started a lame t-shirt company and has nothing to do with the fanbase who is also considered Bills Mafia by people from outside of Buffalo. they are their own distinct things and should not be confused. i liked when we were the 12th man but apparently Seattle and Texas A&M claimed that somehow even though we have had that on our wall of fame forever