[Vague Title]Sammy Watkins puts up a Million $ and doesnt show fo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a judge on a power trip. Deny him the bail if you must, but Sammy shouldn't have to appear for his brother's legal troubles. He's got more important things to concern himself with.

Wow, no doubt. He just wanted to meet an NFL player in person. That is BS, it is easy to guess where the money is coming from if his brother is a first round draft pick in the NFL. There is zero reason Sammy should have to leave his job to explain to a judge where his money came from.

If his brother is that stupid he shouldn't have paid his bail !!

That's how a lot of NFL & other sports stars lose millions by the leaches that say they are family when all's they care about is getting some of the cash in what ever form for their own benefit ...

Beware Sammy !!

SW's brother must be a bad dude with a $1m bail. Must have done some serious stuff

Maybe another reason the team didn't pick up his option as they see this as a distraction on top of the foot thing.

Part of a gang that was charged under the Rico act. I believe Sammy's "out of pocket" is actually $100K

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/35383592/sammy-watkins-pays-brothers-bond-but-is-no-show-in-court

I hope his brothers legals problems does not cause a distraction for Sammy.

@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Buffalo Bills

Clarity: Watkins paid 10% — $100K — for his brother’s bond. He’s training in Buffalo, which explains why he wasn’t in Florida

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/35383592/sammy-watkins-pays-brothers-bond-but-is-no-show-in-court

I hope his brothers legals problems does not cause a distraction for Sammy.

That's a judge who is trying to write his own legal requirements. It's well-documented that Sammy Watkins signed a contract worth $19.9M guaranteed with the NFL.

In that circumstance, it's a bit much to require "evidence that the money is clean from gang activity". I mean, WTF? It's $100k, that's like, 0.5% of Sammy's net worth.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

That's a judge who is trying to write his own legal requirements. It's well-documented that Sammy Watkins signed a contract worth $19.9M guaranteed with the NFL.

In that circumstance, it's a bit much to require "evidence that the money is clean from gang activity". I mean, WTF? It's $100k, that's like, 0.5% of Sammy's net worth.

Simply, prove it came from SW. You can't. Someone charged with racketeering walks in with a check. Seriously

Should be pretty simple for Sammy to prove the money came directly from an NFL payroll situation.

If it did.

I do this all the time for clients, not the same circumstances necessarily...

So what? He is making it harder for a gangster to be sprung from jail. Does this really bother you?

Sammy is an idiot

Yeah, what an idiot for trying to help out family. smh

State attorneys contend that without Watkins there in person for cross-examination, they have doubts if the bail money is clean from gang activity.

What a load of crap.

Yeah, damn those state attorneys for trying to keep a gangster in jail, right?

man, if only they tried this hard with other forms of criminality...

Edited by 87168

they don't even have the same last name. Sammy shouldn't have bailed him out

Doesn't matter.

My step-daughter would do the same for my kids as they would for her and they have different last names. Matters none. Family is family.

State attorneys contend that without Watkins there in person for cross-examination, they have doubts if the bail money is clean from gang activity.

What a load of crap.

The State's Attorney was playing games to screw over the defendant, knowing that Sammy was not likely to show up due to the NFL training schedule. Sad thing is that the judge seems complicit in this, to the point of making up law (as the defense attorney pointed out.)

Yeah, damn those state attorneys for trying to keep a gangster in jail, right?

Ethics, integrity and common sense be damned! Guilty until proven more guilty!

So everyone's assuming this judge follows football, or the Bills or Clemson and knows exactly who Watkins is. There's nothing wrong with asking him to appear and explain if that is what would normally be done in this situation to anyone else. Doesn't matter if his brother is a pro athlete or famous/well known, they just want to confirm where/how the money was put up. I'm sure in many cases involving racketeering and money laundering there's a possibility money could have been put up under someone else's name that it might look less suspicious from (like a wealthy relative)

If he didn't want to show up, maybe he shouldn't have put the money up or made other arrangements to meet the courts request. Just because he is somewhat well known, or a pro athlete shouldn't mean he gets preferential treatment or the rules don't apply.

So what? He is making it harder for a gangster to be sprung from jail. Does this really bother you?

guilty till proven innocent

and he merely put up a bond for bail for a family member.

Yes I have a huge issue with judges using these tactics. Abuse of position IMO. Sammy is in the NFL has the money and its well documented. Guarantee if this was a trust fund baby who committed a racketeering crime the judge wouldn't have said anything or demanded anyone show up in court. But because it involves two black men and one from the poor side of town this situation is much more dire I guess.

Hey this is Florida

Edited by ddaryl

So everyone's assuming this judge follows football, or the Bills or Clemson and knows exactly who Watkins is. There's nothing wrong with asking him to appear and explain if that is what would normally be done in this situation to anyone else. Doesn't matter if his brother is a pro athlete or famous/well known, they just want to confirm where/how the money was put up. I'm sure in many cases involving racketeering and money laundering there's a possibility money could have been put up under someone else's name that it might look less suspicious from (like a wealthy relative)

If he didn't want to show up, maybe he shouldn't have put the money up or made other arrangements to meet the courts request. Just because he is somewhat well known, or a pro athlete shouldn't mean he gets preferential treatment or the rules don't apply.

Did you read the article at all? The judge has no legal recourse and there are no legal requirements by law for him to be there.

Simply, prove it came from SW. You can't. Someone charged with racketeering walks in with a check. Seriously

Yes, seriously. You got a bail bondsman who gets paid by gangstas, he puts up the money....."thank you have a nice day"

Got the brothers' mutual dad walks in with a check signed "Sammy Watkins" from a known millionaire and "no, no, we can't take that, it might be connected to crime"

Makes no sense.

Yeah, what an idiot for trying to help out family. smh

What a load of crap.

there are some things you just don't do. And if his cousin is an idiot as it seems you don't bail him out. You bale him up.

guilty till proven innocent

and he merely put up a bond for bail for a family member.

Yes I have a huge issue with judges using these tactics. Abuse of position IMO. Sammy is in the NFL has the money and its well documented. Guarantee if this was a trust fund baby who committed a racketeering crime the judge wouldn't have said anything or demanded anyone show up in court. But because it involves two black men and one from the poor side of town this situation is much more dire I guess.

Hey this is Florida

I have to step back because I'm getting choked up. Oh the horror, to inconvenience gang bangers!!!

Let's simply agree to disagree. We might as well because I am just not so fond of gangsters and other killers.

Why? For bailing his brother out?

if I bailed my brother id make damn sure he showed up even if it was $10. I'm not perfect but I have integrity. I know responsibility. And I man up to own my choices.

Samuel doesn't, it seems. He is a piss poor asshat in character and has shown that countless times. Remember the comment about all us little people? Yeah, I'll remembered that when he is homeless in 20 yrs hanging with peerless.