[Vague Title]Sammy Watkins puts up a Million $ and doesnt show fo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a judge on a power trip. Deny him the bail if you must, but Sammy shouldn't have to appear for his brother's legal troubles. He's got more important things to concern himself with.

Wow, no doubt. He just wanted to meet an NFL player in person. That is BS, it is easy to guess where the money is coming from if his brother is a first round draft pick in the NFL. There is zero reason Sammy should have to leave his job to explain to a judge where his money came from.

If his brother is that stupid he shouldn't have paid his bail !!

That's how a lot of NFL & other sports stars lose millions by the leaches that say they are family when all's they care about is getting some of the cash in what ever form for their own benefit ...

Beware Sammy !!

SW's brother must be a bad dude with a $1m bail. Must have done some serious stuff

Maybe another reason the team didn't pick up his option as they see this as a distraction on top of the foot thing.

Part of a gang that was charged under the Rico act. I believe Sammy's "out of pocket" is actually $100K

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/35383592/sammy-watkins-pays-brothers-bond-but-is-no-show-in-court

I hope his brothers legals problems does not cause a distraction for Sammy.

@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Buffalo Bills

Clarity: Watkins paid 10% — $100K — for his brother’s bond. He’s training in Buffalo, which explains why he wasn’t in Florida

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/35383592/sammy-watkins-pays-brothers-bond-but-is-no-show-in-court

I hope his brothers legals problems does not cause a distraction for Sammy.

That's a judge who is trying to write his own legal requirements. It's well-documented that Sammy Watkins signed a contract worth $19.9M guaranteed with the NFL.

In that circumstance, it's a bit much to require "evidence that the money is clean from gang activity". I mean, WTF? It's $100k, that's like, 0.5% of Sammy's net worth.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

That's a judge who is trying to write his own legal requirements. It's well-documented that Sammy Watkins signed a contract worth $19.9M guaranteed with the NFL.

In that circumstance, it's a bit much to require "evidence that the money is clean from gang activity". I mean, WTF? It's $100k, that's like, 0.5% of Sammy's net worth.

Simply, prove it came from SW. You can't. Someone charged with racketeering walks in with a check. Seriously

Should be pretty simple for Sammy to prove the money came directly from an NFL payroll situation.

If it did.

I do this all the time for clients, not the same circumstances necessarily...

So what? He is making it harder for a gangster to be sprung from jail. Does this really bother you?

Sammy is an idiot

Yeah, what an idiot for trying to help out family. smh

State attorneys contend that without Watkins there in person for cross-examination, they have doubts if the bail money is clean from gang activity.

What a load of crap.