Prayers for Chris Berman

I know what he is going through. My wife passed away unexpectedly two weeks ago after 29 years of marriage. I don't wish the emotional highs and low you go through on anyone. Bad things happen and we must carry on with the help of your faith, whatever that may be. You feel alone but you are anything but. Friends and family play a big part of getting through it. I know he has the support system to get through it and he and his family will be in my prayers. God be with them in their time of need.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what he is going through. My wife passed away unexpectedly two weeks ago after 29 years of marriage. I don't wish the emotional highs and low you go through on anyone. Bad things happen and we must carry on with the help of your faith, whatever that may be. You feel alone but you are anything but. Friends and family play a big part of getting through it. I know he has the support system to get through it and he and his family will be in my prayers. God be with them in their time of need.

My prayers to you Richie.

I'm sorry, man. I'm glad you have your family around to support you through that.

If you ever feel the need to discuss things with someone not directly caught up in the emotions of the situation, my virtual door is always open if you need it.

I am so sorry for your loss Richie.

I can't even imagine the pain you are feeling

CBF

Very sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to Berman and you.

Geez, man. So sorry.

Richie:

PM me if you ever need support my friend....I lost my wife of 29 years to an egregious hospital accident after a highly successful double lung transplant in June 2015....the pain forever lingers and the scars will never go away......and I am serious about being here for you....it is a long, painful road...........buried my mother in February 2017 so now I have to guide my kids through Mother's Day weekend with no Mom or Grandma...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Richie:

PM me if you ever need support my friend....I lost my wife of 29 years to an egregious hospital accident after a highly successful double lung transplant in June 2015....the pain forever lingers and the scars will never go away......and I am serious about being here for you....it is a long, painful road...........buried my mother in February 2017 so now I have to guide my kids through Mother's Day weekend with no Mom or Grandma...............

Getting a little misty in here...so sorry.

oh no. So very sorry. Stay on the board, it can help distract.

Richie:

:cry: Edited by YoloinOhio

oh no. So very sorry. Stay on the board, it can help distract.

:cry:

...pretty damn honorable recognition to come from a revered poster like yourself to me , a "newbee".......yet this is a community my friend....and yes I'm one of those fuggin' refugees......sure , battlin' posts and insults all over the place, but you have to support community members in a time of need outside of "football wars".....I did send a PM to Ritchie to pledge my support...the least I can do as it is a very tough road........

...pretty damn honorable recognition to come from a revered poster like yourself to me , a "newbee".......yet this is a community my friend....and yes I'm one of those fuggin' refugees......sure , battlin' posts and insults all over the place, but you have to support community members in a time of need outside of "football wars".....I did send a PM to Ritchie to pledge my support...the least I can do as it is a very tough road........

Hang in there, man. You have been through a lot. We are all Bills "fam" here.

Thanks guys. Means a lot. I know Chis needs support to I didn't mean to divert from that. Just that I know what he's going through.

To you and AFLGuy, there is no need to apologize, as I feel like we are all family. I'm so sorry for your losses, and truly can't imagine that experience after 33 years with my wife. She travels a lot for work, but I always "know" she's coming back. I try to take nothing for granted, and I try to make the most of every moment. God bless you guys and carry on, enjoying those left with you.

When I think of guys on a national level who have really supported this team, I think of him and Russert.

Not that it matters - terrible thing to happen to anyone. But it's like family in a way. Thoughts and prayers to Chris and the rest of their family and friends.

• 1 month later...

God Bless

We all deal w/ grief in our own ways. I can only imagine what you're going through. I lost my wife 1 year ago, 17 years of marriage, & each day continues to be a challenge, her not being here. Taking baby steps & trying to move forward. Wishing you the best, take it slow, you're in charge of yourself

We all deal w/ grief in our own ways. I can only imagine what you're going through. I lost my wife 1 year ago, 17 years of marriage, & each day continues to be a challenge, her not being here. Taking baby steps & trying to move forward. Wishing you the best, take it slow, you're in charge of yourself

God bless sf and riverboat richie...man, I don't want to imagine life without my wife...I tear up just thinking about it. I hope the great memories provide a little comfort to you both...

God bless sf and riverboat richie...man, I don't want to imagine life without my wife...I tear up just thinking about it. I hope the great memories provide a little comfort to you both...

Appreciate your words. For me, all are welcomed, even those that came from my ex wife & her family which showed class. It's a journey we are going through.

Appreciate your words. For me, all are welcomed, even those that came from my ex wife & her family which showed class. It's a journey we are going through.

So true, life is a journey with no shortage of ups and downs. Going through some of that right now. One key is not to get too down at the low points, and to appreciate the hell out of the good times when it's all rolling your way. So happy to hear your are getting good support after such a tragic loss. I can't imagine.... Stay strong.

• 1 month later...

The story continues.....

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-berman-fatal-bar-investigated-20170815-story.html

The owner of a Woodbury restaurant identified Tuesday by the state as being under investigation in connection to the car crash in which Katherine Berman was killed says her establishment was closed on the day of the crash.

Carole Peck told The Courant that the Good News Cafe was closed May 9, the day the wife of ESPN personality Chris Berman was killed along with a Waterbury man. She said late Tuesday she did not know why her establishment was originally under investigation and that the restaurant had been in contact with investigators.

Liquor Control agents came to her restaurant about two weeks ago asking about Katherine Berman, she said. Peck said she told them her restaurant is closed on Tuesdays so Berman couldn't have been there and must have been at one of the other restaurants in the same area along Main Street.

He died. She rear ended an 87 year old man, who died.

Yes, my bad the 87 year old guy was also killed, so she killed him and herself.

This while she was assumed drunk, toxicology report not released yet going after cafe supposedly. Hmm....

Edited by old school