Peterman will be the starter.

This will be the perfect storm for obtaining one of the top qb's in next years draft. Tyrod is not good enough to ascend this team, but he is good enough to push us out of the qb sweepstakes. Where we might end up (with Tyrod at qb) in the draft and KC's pick might not be enough to land one of the top qb's in next years draft. There' s a reason why McDermott is not just handing the qb position to Tyrod. Retaining Tyrod was a wise strategic move to not send "Rebuild Mode" signal to fan base. Also retaining Tyrod gives the team a pawn in trade options. Ex; Sam Bradford last season. Anyone who thinks Buffalo is not in "Rebuild Mode" is fooling themselves. Mark my word on this move.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't feel buffalo is in rebuilding mode at this time at all.

i'd be move than fine if peterman starts. i would assume it meant he was better than and beat out taylor in camp, and that would be great for this team. i don't see it at this point, but i'd have no problem with it. are you assuming that peterman is just handed the job?

This will be the perfect storm for obtaining one of the top qb's in next years draft. Tyrod is not good enough to ascend this team, but he is good enough to push us out of the qb sweepstakes. Where we might end up (with Tyrod at qb) in the draft and KC's pick might not be enough to land one of the top qb's in next years draft. There' s a reason why McDermott is not just handing the qb position to Tyrod. Retaining Tyrod was a wise strategic move to not send "Rebuild Mode" signal to fan base. Also retaining Tyrod gives the team a pawn in trade options. Ex; Sam Bradford last season. Anyone who thinks Buffalo is not in "Rebuild Mode" is fooling themselves. Mark my word on this move.

Your word is marked......

If TT gets hurt. He wasn't the reason we lost games last year, he wasnt great, but he made plays when he needed to and he didn't make mistakes that cost us the game. If he repeats or improves from last year I seriously doubt a rookie beats him out. And I don't consider myself a TT supporter. Just being realistic.

Funny thing is, I actually think Jones or Peterman have a legit shot to push, BUT not enough to win the job.

Mcdermott wanted to keep Tyrod because the guy doesn't turn the ball over. Gives him the best short term answer to be somewhat competitive this year while maintaining the new course this team is on.

Like death and taxes, a QB controversy in Buffalo is a given.

We could have a one armed QB as a backup and people would still be calling for him to start.

That's the beauty of being an arm chair coach.

We could have a one armed QB as a backup and people would still be calling for him to start.

Until one comes in and locks down the role, what do you expect?

If this is the case you would unload Shady no reason to pay a top 4 back in league big money if you don't believe you will be touching the playoffs.

I hope peterman becomes the #2 but I think Yates is the safety net in-case we are at 7-7 and taylor goes down to give us a chance to get to 9 wins and sneak in.

Count me in. I fully believe Peterman will end up being the best QB in this draft and he will start and do great. The guys at Sirius have been talking since Saturday how they love the kid and they feel he will end up being our starter. He is PERFECT for what Dennison does and that is what you need.

Can you imagine, we get a starting CB, WR, RT and QB in this draft? Then we have two firsts next year to parlay into more picks to fill out this roster with better talent? 2018 could be THE Year folks,

I am Pumped up for this season.

Tank mode is not an option for me,,,and I assume after his experience w/ the Sabres it's not an option for the Pegulas. I'm all for winning as many games as possible now. I'm a big TT fan and hope he kills it this year and puts all the naysayers to bed.

However, if Peterman beats him out with his play (and i don't expect this until Summer 2018)...I'm all for him starting. Gruden and a bunch of other NFL media thinks this kid can be a very successful Pro QB. We'll see.

Well I guess if we were looking to tank we could try starting Peterman. Thing is he could well be such a disaster that you would have no choice but to pull him anyway so why bother. And you sure wouldnt be doing the kid any favours. He needs to sit, learn and hone his basic skillset for a year even taking his "pro readiness" into account.

Peterman is not ready to see the field in any capacity right now IMO, let alone as a starter.

It feels to me like the Bills are re-building more now, than they have been in the last few years...not down on McDermott or anything, but I don't expect a significant improvement (maybe even be a little worse) over the last two years, record wise.

If this is the case you would unload Shady no reason to pay a top 4 back in league big money if you don't believe you will be touching the playoffs.

I hope peterman becomes the #2 but I think Yates is the safety net in-case we are at 7-7 and taylor goes down to give us a chance to get to 9 wins and sneak in.

But it's not the case and McCoy will be here this season. Try telling the vets on this team we're tanking. Guessing Kyle Williams would be a little upset

Okay.

Peterman was the most pro ready QB in the draft joining a team installing a new system.

I'm just saying...

That took, what, 3 days? Not bad. So you think back when we re-signed Tyrod that our master plan was to sign Pittsburgh's QB in the 5th round? And that we would run a covert re-build by placating the fans with a Tyrod signing but in REALITY we would slowly groom our fifth round QB into a starter to ultimately be the face of our franchise? Gotcha.

"Competition is there," McDermott said Saturday, per ESPN.com. "You earn the right to start on this football team."

He added: "Nothing is promised to anyone. We're going to compete every day. [Even] I've got to earn my spot. You guys have heard me say that before."

Player A

Strengths

An excellent athlete with a thick muscular build. Has excellent mobility and continually evades the rush while keeping his eyes downfield. Demonstrates good accuracy when using proper footwork. Has above average arm strength and flashes the ability to fit the ball into tight windows on short to intermediate routes. Team leader and fierce competitor.

Weaknesses

Does not possess adequate height and too many of his passes are knocked down at the line. Sloppy footwork prevents him from stepping into throws making him an erratic passer. Locks onto receivers and often telegraphs his throws. Struggles breaking down coverage and makes too many ill-advised throws. Does not throw with anticipation.

OR

Player B

Strengths

Smooth, quick set-up in pocket. Grips the ball with big, 10-inch hands. Poised in pocket and takes the hit to deliver a completion. Will set-up, slide and then re-set before making his throw. Can cut it loose from off-balance angles from bootleg or play-action if he sees a winning option break open early. Full field reader. Works all the way through his progressions. Shoots glances at safeties to keep them in check. Strong natural accuracy. Able to throw receivers open and lead them away from danger. Can pinpoint passes to moving targets in his intermediate work. Has enough arm to work field side, intermediate throws. Great vision. Sees passing windows before they develop. Throws with outstanding timing and anticipation. Can put the ball on receivers' hands as soon as they come out of a break if coverage dictates it. Utilizes accuracy and anticipation to challenge windows on all three levels. Won at Clemson hanging five touchdown passes on their talented stop unit. Good escapability and can extend drives with his legs. Excellent deep ball accuracy completing 46.2 percent of his deep throws.

Weaknesses

Inconsistent delivery base causes some throws to sail. Has instances where he short strides and is forced to muscle it to his target. Will float some throws on seams and dig routes. Will have to be mindful to drive the ball on pro level to avoid the ballhawks who are lurking at safety. Has to prove he has enough arm to challenge the same tight windows he did in college. Ball handling a little sluggish in wide receiver screens, hitches and most RPOs (run, pass option). Wants to play hero-ball at times. Needs to learn when to air-mail throw and move to next play rather than trying to get too cute with sideline throws. Can improve overall touch.

Q:

If neither were to improve in 5 years which would you pick?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I don't see it (Peterman starting over TT) happening this year,, nor do I see this team as being in rebuild mode. Front office, yes. the team, NO! This is a better team now than what they were last season. They'll seriously contend for a playoff spot

Does Peterman move to safety or OLB to start? Fairly certain it was Rex's defense that **** the bed last year and cost him his job and the team's chance at making the playoffs.

Did TT give up 200 yards rushing twice? How many tackles did TT miss against Miami and Pittsburgh? I don't recall TT being on the field when Seattle put up 28 in the first half on the defense. How many yards TT give up to Fitz and Brady?

TT played lights out the first half of the Oakland game and then disappeared. I will give you that. Looked like crap against Baltimore too.

Other than that it was the defense. They got rid of Rex and kept the #10 scoring offense in the league in tact. Sammy will be healthy. They upgraded #2 and #3 WR.

Oh yeah, and they just fired the GM that didn't want TT and kept the HC that wanted him.

So yeah, Peterman starts - if he is the holder for PAT and FG's.

The backup is almost always the most popular QB on the roster.

EJ, of course, was the aberration.

Back in 2014, some fans wanted Jeff Tuel to start!

Edited by hondo in seattle

The backup is almost always the most popular QB on the roster.

EJ, of course, was the aberration.

Back in 2014, some fans wanted Jeff Tuel to start!

There were lots that still wanted EJ to start from what I remember. I guess its just the nature of the beast.

Want the one you don't have.

Loser boy here!

My plan is evolving.

Peterman and Jones battle for the starting position, the other is the backup with Yates at 3 Rd.

Then we package Sammy AND TT for someone first next year and we have three number ones which should be enough ammunition to either move up to get the best QB or if we pick first to knock it out if the ball park.

Tell me I'm an idiot.... I dare you😝