Peterman will be the starter.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be the perfect storm for obtaining one of the top qb's in next years draft. Tyrod is not good enough to ascend this team, but he is good enough to push us out of the qb sweepstakes. Where we might end up (with Tyrod at qb) in the draft and KC's pick might not be enough to land one of the top qb's in next years draft. There' s a reason why McDermott is not just handing the qb position to Tyrod. Retaining Tyrod was a wise strategic move to not send "Rebuild Mode" signal to fan base. Also retaining Tyrod gives the team a pawn in trade options. Ex; Sam Bradford last season. Anyone who thinks Buffalo is not in "Rebuild Mode" is fooling themselves. Mark my word on this move.

Oh thank god, another QB thread...I was worried this was forgotten about or not being talked about enough around here by those struggling to cope with the fact we didn't draft a QB in the first :death::flirt::thumbdown::doh::thumbdown:

The Bills are re-building? Really? What are they rebuilding? Mediocrity? You rebuild after you have succeeded. This team aspires to achieve average.

don't you rebuild after everything has failed?

This will be the perfect storm for obtaining one of the top qb's in next years draft. Tyrod is not good enough to ascend this team, but he is good enough to push us out of the qb sweepstakes. Where we might end up (with Tyrod at qb) in the draft and KC's pick might not be enough to land one of the top qb's in next years draft. There' s a reason why McDermott is not just handing the qb position to Tyrod. Retaining Tyrod was a wise strategic move to not send "Rebuild Mode" signal to fan base. Also retaining Tyrod gives the team a pawn in trade options. Ex; Sam Bradford last season. Anyone who thinks Buffalo is not in "Rebuild Mode" is fooling themselves. Mark my word on this move.

He is certainly reworking the roster to fit his style of play but "rebuild mode" might be a bit strong. The team isn't that far away, and adding a top 10 QB in the league would make the an immediate play-off contender but I do agree with you I wouldn't be shocked to see Peterman as the starting QB before the year ends,

Who gets us a higher pick next years; Peterman or C. Jones?

Maybe we could use both of them....🤔

so nfl teams play for a better draft pick, not to win football games?

that logic is pathetic and you and those the like are not going to be happy when they don't TANK!

but hey, keep living in your little fantasy

There were people that wanted Frank Reich to start over Kelly.

Ahhh...some here have said Peterman is another Reich but Tyrod is no Kelly and Reich was not as good as Kelly but better than Tyrod. Hmmm...

Like death and taxes, a QB controversy in Buffalo is a given.

We could have a one armed QB as a backup and people would still be calling for him to start.

I'd take a one armed QB that can read the field and anticipate receivers over Tyrod anyday.

I doni't see Peterman starting. What I see is a team that will be in a position to assess some realistic options at the end of the season. In other words a plan for once vs. hope.

Taylor plays well, the team improves, and he starts again 2018.

Taylor falters and Peterman comes off the bench and plays well. Maybe or maybe not well enough to impact the 2018 draft approach.

Neither QB plays good enough to be considered a franchise QB and the Bills are in position to get one of the top 3.

Taylor or Peterman excels and the team has 2 2018 1st rounders to improve the team elsewhere.

And I don't want to forget CJ.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Will be interesting if Peterman plays well in training camp and preseason games, and a win-now team has their starting QB go down. Would Bills deal Taylor for draft picks and go all-in on a 2018 QB?

The only was Peterman plays is if 1) Taylor goes down, or 2) Peterman absolutely lights it up in pre-season while Tyrod is a big time blah. It would be nice though, wouldn't it? :thumbsup:

The tanking stuff is just nonsense. There are so many more negative factors working against it than positive ones. For starters, there's no guarantee that this "incredible" QB class of 2018 is going to live up to the hype, nor is there any guarantee that any underclassmen QBs will elect to enter the draft. Rudolph and Falk are the only two out of the group that will be seniors this year. McDermott just showed us how much he values experience as every player he picked was a senior or had already graduated.

I also don't think a first-time head coach wants to kick off his tenure with an abysmal season played by backups and rookies just so a higher draft pick can be procured. Coaches plan to win, they could care less where they wind up in terms of a draft slot.

I don't see this team in a rebuilding mode, either. They are clearly confident enough with the current roster to make a run this season. Should that fail, that's when I can see them unloading heavy contracts, trading some of their players near the end of their contracts, clearing space, collecting picks and definitively rebuilding.

Regardless of what McDermott says in terms of earning a starting job, Taylor is the starter this season.

Edited by blacklabel

Do you people live in NFL Fantasyland all day? Where do you come up with this stuff?