Peterman will be the starter.

26, I don't think your guy will be able to fight off the comp this year... It's daunting.. Between the young guns Cardale, and Peterman, and the journeyman Yates... -It's over.

TT may be adequate in the eyes of some, but he's not the kind of fierce competitor that'll lay down the law come TC...

He was able to fool Roman and Ryan because, well, -they're idiots... That's why they're GONE...The new reality is that Tyrod is being scrutinized by a WHOLE NEW group of eyes... And they may not like what they see...

You're selling him short. Roman's game plans were Pop Warner. If McD kept him its for a reason in fact he overuled Whaley to do so.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see it (Peterman starting over TT) happening this year,, nor do I see this team as being in rebuild mode. Front office, yes. the team, NO! This is a better team now than what they were last season. They'll seriously contend for a playoff spot

How so ? Beside Rex being gone ( that's a positive ) how are we better ? We are thin on WRs and CBs...if Shady goes down, we might be in trouble.......we're hoping Ragland will be this devastating force...the guy has not played a single down in the pros.....Shaq was not overly impressive last year...we're hoping he gets rolling with his 1st full training camp.....We lost Gilmore..Darby is our best CB right now.....lost Woods and we don't know for sure Sammy will be 100%....

Again, how are we better than last year ?

...the kid's death knell...Brylcream Mel said he is the "most likely to be the next Tom Brady of the 2017 class"........before this "anointment", guy may have had a future..............

Mel, Mel, Mel.... I SO wish he'd just STHU sometimes...

He was able to fool Roman and Ryan because, well, -they're idiots... That's why they're GONE...The new reality is that Tyrod is being scrutinized by a WHOLE NEW group of ey... And they may not like what they see...

There "idiots" as you call them, were able to coach up the 10th highest scoring offense in the whole NFL. Tied with Pittsburgh who has a "franchise QB", Willie Parker and more talented WRs. All this with a non competetive QB.

The problem was D. The offense was good. I just hope this "WHOLE NEW group of eyes" doesn't fug things up offensively.

There "idiots" as you call them, were able to coach up the 10th highest scoring offense in the whole NFL. Tied with Pittsburgh who has a "franchise QB", Willie Parker and more talented WRs. All this with a non competetive QB.

The problem was D. The offense was good. I just hope this "WHOLE NEW group of eyes" doesn't fug things up offensively.

You're right... Shady was huge... Unfortunately, The Bills had the 30th or 32nd ranked passing offense at the the season's 3/4 mark as I recall...

Moving on from TT will not work to Shady's detriment... TT's rushing yardage MIGHT be missed, but Cardale can run too... So can Nate... I actually think we're in an OK place as far as mobile QB's are concerned..

You're right... Shady was huge... Unfortunately, The Bills had the 30th or 32nd ranked passing offense at the the season's 3/4 mark as I recall...

Moving on from TT will not work to Shady's detriment... TT's rushing yardage MIGHT be missed, but Cardale can run too... So can Nate... I actually think we're in an OK place as far as mobile QB's are concerned..

Points count on the score board, not passing yards.

There are no style points on football.

Points count on the score board, not passing yards.

There are no style points on football.

Make no mistake, my friend... A poor passing offense is merely a symptom of a much larger disease... One that deprives the healthy body of what it needs most... WINS...

Besides, if there's "no style points in football", why count the amount of points scored in losing efforts?

Saying we were the highest scoring 7-9 team shouldn't be a point of pride. - Not even a little bit.

Edited by #34fan

Make no mistake, my friend... A poor passing offense is merely a symptom of a much larger disease... One that deprives the healthy body of what it needs most... WINS...

Besides, if there's "no style points in football", why count the amount of points scored in losing efforts?

Saying we were the highest scoring 7-9 team shouldn't be a point of pride. - Not even a little bit.

We're talking offense here. We lost several games because D stunk. Like the Fish and first Jets game for example. We scored a ton of points in those games. Not thier fault the D only had 10 men on the field.

I'll take pride where I can get it. Especially top 10 scoring O when our offenses have stunk for a decade.

We need better everything.

This will be the perfect storm for obtaining one of the top qb's in next years draft. Tyrod is not good enough to ascend this team, but he is good enough to push us out of the qb sweepstakes. Where we might end up (with Tyrod at qb) in the draft and KC's pick might not be enough to land one of the top qb's in next years draft. There' s a reason why McDermott is not just handing the qb position to Tyrod. Retaining Tyrod was a wise strategic move to not send "Rebuild Mode" signal to fan base. Also retaining Tyrod gives the team a pawn in trade options. Ex; Sam Bradford last season. Anyone who thinks Buffalo is not in "Rebuild Mode" is fooling themselves. Mark my word on this move.

If we can get a Bradford deal and get a top pick in the draft I will do backflips !!!

This will be the perfect storm for obtaining one of the top qb's in next years draft. Tyrod is not good enough to ascend this team, but he is good enough to push us out of the qb sweepstakes. Where we might end up (with Tyrod at qb) in the draft and KC's pick might not be enough to land one of the top qb's in next years draft. There' s a reason why McDermott is not just handing the qb position to Tyrod. Retaining Tyrod was a wise strategic move to not send "Rebuild Mode" signal to fan base. Also retaining Tyrod gives the team a pawn in trade options. Ex; Sam Bradford last season. Anyone who thinks Buffalo is not in "Rebuild Mode" is fooling themselves. Mark my word on this move.

Tyrod has NEVER had a great coaching staff since he came here... so your "assessment" is based off of faulty data. Let's see what Tyrod does when the data sample isn't urinated in by piss poor coaches.

Edited by BmoreBills

Too bad Alpha's post got deleted, because I was about to ask him why teams that had the 29th ranked defenses (MIA) and the 26th (OAK), both managed to stumble into the post-season last year...

When the 'fins starting QB went down, who did Miami's BACKUP QB have to throw to during their 6-game win streak?

We ended the season with the 30th ranked passing attack! and the 1st rushing... Relieving Tyrod from any blame for that seems absurd. But okay, maybe Tyrod's (highest in the league) snap to release time can somehow be blamed on Rex..

Wonder what the excuse will be when he ignores wide-open receivers next season... Or what happens when FEAR starts backing him out of tough throws... -Think of something, Apologists... Because Rex Ryan is gone..

Too bad Alpha's post got deleted, because I was about to ask him why teams that had the 29th ranked defenses (MIA) and the 26th (OAK), both managed to stumble into the post-season last year...

When the 'fins starting QB went down, who did Miami's BACKUP QB have to throw to during their 6-game win streak?

We ended the season with the 30th ranked passing attack! and the 1st rushing... Relieving Tyrod from any blame for that seems absurd. But okay, maybe Tyrod's (highest in the league) snap to release time can somehow be blamed on Rex..

Wonder what the excuse will be when he ignores wide-open receivers next season... Or what happens when FEAR starts backing him out of tough throws... -Think of something, Apologists... Because Rex Ryan is gone..

It didn't get deleted, I was the one who deleted it right after I posted cuz ultimately I am just over it and its a waste of time trying to keep a level head around here. This board has gone past unbearable in recent times. Its not about being a fan around here anymore, its just become a quest of misery and negativity at all costs.

Nah.

You don't spend $16 mill to "send a signal" to fans. Not on a salary cap-starved team you don't. Sorry, this makes absolutely no sense. And again, you don't spend $16 mill to trade a guy for what you would get for Tyrod. Again, makes absolutely zero sense.

Could Peterman start? Well, it's not impossible, but it won't happen unless he legitimately beats out Tyrod. Which is quite unlikely to happen in his rookie season.

Tyrod has NEVER had a great coaching staff since he came here... so your "assessment" is based off of faulty data. Let's see what Tyrod does when the data sample isn't urinated in by piss poor coaches.

Tyrod's offensive coach is a head coach now. Roman is also very highly respected.

Coaches weren't the problem with Tyrod.

You're right, we'll see.

The offense was good because the run game was superb. The pass game was bad.

Again, 29 running TDs and 17 passing TDs in a league where not a single other team had more run TDs than pass TDs.

Edited by Thurman#1

Player A

Strengths

An excellent athlete with a thick muscular build. Has excellent mobility and continually evades the rush while keeping his eyes downfield. Demonstrates good accuracy when using proper footwork. Has above average arm strength and flashes the ability to fit the ball into tight windows on short to intermediate routes. Team leader and fierce competitor.

Weaknesses

Does not possess adequate height and too many of his passes are knocked down at the line. Sloppy footwork prevents him from stepping into throws making him an erratic passer. Locks onto receivers and often telegraphs his throws. Struggles breaking down coverage and makes too many ill-advised throws. Does not throw with anticipation.

OR

Player B

Strengths

Smooth, quick set-up in pocket. Grips the ball with big, 10-inch hands. Poised in pocket and takes the hit to deliver a completion. Will set-up, slide and then re-set before making his throw. Can cut it loose from off-balance angles from bootleg or play-action if he sees a winning option break open early. Full field reader. Works all the way through his progressions. Shoots glances at safeties to keep them in check. Strong natural accuracy. Able to throw receivers open and lead them away from danger. Can pinpoint passes to moving targets in his intermediate work. Has enough arm to work field side, intermediate throws. Great vision. Sees passing windows before they develop. Throws with outstanding timing and anticipation. Can put the ball on receivers' hands as soon as they come out of a break if coverage dictates it. Utilizes accuracy and anticipation to challenge windows on all three levels. Won at Clemson hanging five touchdown passes on their talented stop unit. Good escapability and can extend drives with his legs. Excellent deep ball accuracy completing 46.2 percent of his deep throws.

Weaknesses

Inconsistent delivery base causes some throws to sail. Has instances where he short strides and is forced to muscle it to his target. Will float some throws on seams and dig routes. Will have to be mindful to drive the ball on pro level to avoid the ballhawks who are lurking at safety. Has to prove he has enough arm to challenge the same tight windows he did in college. Ball handling a little sluggish in wide receiver screens, hitches and most RPOs (run, pass option). Wants to play hero-ball at times. Needs to learn when to air-mail throw and move to next play rather than trying to get too cute with sideline throws. Can improve overall touch.

Q:

If neither were to improve in 5 years which would you pick?

Jesus... you're citing scouting reports?

Look, maybe Peterman becomes Buffalo's starter at some point. I'm SUPER happy he was there when our --SECOND-- 5th round pick came along. But anyone thinking this kid will start day 1 is just naive or blindly hopeful.

I have a standing bet with anyone who wants and only one taker: barring injury, Taylor will not lose a QB competition (whatever farcical one might happen) and will be our starter week 1.

3 to 1 odds. :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Nah.

You don't spend $16 mill to "send a signal" to fans. Not on a salary cap-starved team you don't. Sorry, this makes absolutely no sense. And again, you don't spend $16 mill to trade a guy for what you would get for Tyrod. Again, makes absolutely zero sense.

Could Peterman start? Well, it's not impossible, but it won't happen unless he legitimately beats out Tyrod. Which is quite unlikely to happen in his rookie season.

What the hell are you talking about? Where are you getting $16 million from?

I'm pretty certain HC SM has noticed our present owners don't believe in mgmt continuity as their short 2.5 years with our Bills they have looked at no less than 3 HC's, multiple DC's and OC's, and soon to be 2 GM's

So any plan not to start TT, and instead trot out a rookie 5th round QB sounds like a sure fire recipe to win only 4-6 games, and thus is a NOT a very well thought plan with regard to either long term employment, or increasing the odds of becoming a successful HC in the NFL

It would as similarly dumb as taking the #2D in the NFL, release its DC, install a new scheme, confuse the existing D starters, and claim it will be even better, we all saw that movie, it didn't end well, I think SM is a little smarter...

jc

The tanking stuff is just nonsense. There are so many more negative factors working against it than positive ones. For starters, there's no guarantee that this "incredible" QB class of 2018 is going to live up to the hype, nor is there any guarantee that any underclassmen QBs will elect to enter the draft. Rudolph and Falk are the only two out of the group that will be seniors this year. McDermott just showed us how much he values experience as every player he picked was a senior or had already graduated.

I also don't think a first-time head coach wants to kick off his tenure with an abysmal season played by backups and rookies just so a higher draft pick can be procured. Coaches plan to win, they could care less where they wind up in terms of a draft slot.

I don't see this team in a rebuilding mode, either. They are clearly confident enough with the current roster to make a run this season. Should that fail, that's when I can see them unloading heavy contracts, trading some of their players near the end of their contracts, clearing space, collecting picks and definitively rebuilding.

Regardless of what McDermott says in terms of earning a starting job, Taylor is the starter this season.

Good post. Thanks for bringing levity to yet another ridiculous thread topic.