Peterman will be the starter.

Tyrod has NEVER had a great coaching staff since he came here... so your "assessment" is based off of faulty data. Let's see what Tyrod does when the data sample isn't urinated in by piss poor coaches.

Devils advocate, who knows if McD will be a good HC?

Jesus... you're citing scouting reports?

Look, maybe Peterman becomes Buffalo's starter at some point. I'm SUPER happy he was there when our --SECOND-- 5th round pick came along. But anyone thinking this kid will start day 1 is just naive or blindly hopeful.

I have a standing bet with anyone who wants and only one taker: barring injury, Taylor will not lose a QB competition (whatever farcical one might happen) and will be our starter week 1.

3 to 1 odds. :flirt:

transplant, was this another overreaction or was this a general comment to the board? I never said I expected Peterman to start day 1.

(Well not until we see what happens in camp and PS.) ;)

I asked a question based on a Draft Analysis.

Which one would you prefer if that player was still had the same weaknesses after 5 seasons and didn't make improvements?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If TT gets hurt. He wasn't the reason we lost games last year, he wasnt great, but he made plays when he needed to and he didn't make mistakes that cost us the game. If he repeats or improves from last year I seriously doubt a rookie beats him out. And I don't consider myself a TT supporter. Just being realistic.

6 of our 9 losses last year were by a Touchdown or less .... All I want to see if 4th quarter comebacks ... 44% completion percentage when it's the 4th quarter and within 7 points .. worse percentage see link below vs. other parts of the game. 3 TDs / 2 Ints .. 65% QB rating. I want a QB to lead us back .. just haven't seen that from Tyrod

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/situationalstats

This will be the perfect storm for obtaining one of the top qb's in next years draft. Tyrod is not good enough to ascend this team, but he is good enough to push us out of the qb sweepstakes. Where we might end up (with Tyrod at qb) in the draft and KC's pick might not be enough to land one of the top qb's in next years draft. There' s a reason why McDermott is not just handing the qb position to Tyrod. Retaining Tyrod was a wise strategic move to not send "Rebuild Mode" signal to fan base. Also retaining Tyrod gives the team a pawn in trade options. Ex; Sam Bradford last season. Anyone who thinks Buffalo is not in "Rebuild Mode" is fooling themselves. Mark my word on this move.

Stop just stop- 2 first rounders can equal 1 very high first rounders. This dude aint starting unless TT has an awful camp or gets hurt.

The only mock draft I've seen for 2018 has us passing on Darnold at #7. :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt that McDermott has any desire to tank his first year as a HC. I also doubt that Kyle Williams came back for a tank season.

The QB that looks the best this spring and plays the best this summer will be the starting QB, my guess is that is Tyrod.

The O scored enough points with Taylor if the Rex D was not so screwed up.

Give Peterman and Cardale enough time to learn. I'm sure McD wants to start his career here on a winning note./

I like to think we, Bills fans, are fairly knowledgeable....Proclaiming our 5th round pick to be the starter this year doesn't help the cause.....

But having that 6th rounder start the last two years does.

You're selling him short. Roman's game plans were Pop Warner. If McD kept him its for a reason in fact he overuled Whaley to do so.

Had to be because of the QB.

He tried to step them up from pop warner but the QB couldn't handle it so Roman got fired.

People wan't better than Taylor. Him actually starting has nothing to do with fans currently saying we have the next Tom Brady on our hands.

Nobody has said that, so please don't invent stuff and present it as truth. All I said was that Brady also got mediocre pre-draft grades...nothing more, nothing less.

I do ​NOT​ expect Peterman to turn out anywhere near like Brady but think he will be better than some think.

Please get your facts straight.

26, I don't think your guy will be able to fight off the comp this year... It's daunting.. Between the young guns Cardale, and Peterman, and the journeyman Yates... -It's over.

TT may be adequate in the eyes of some, but he's not the kind of fierce competitor that'll lay down the law come TC...

He was able to fool Roman and Ryan because, well, -they're idiots... That's why they're GONE...The new reality is that Tyrod is being scrutinized by a WHOLE NEW group of eyes... And they may not like what they see...

Roman wanted Matt Cassell to be the QB.

Count me in. I fully believe Peterman will end up being the best QB in this draft and he will start and do great. The guys at Sirius have been talking since Saturday how they love the kid and they feel he will end up being our starter. He is PERFECT for what Dennison does and that is what you need.

Can you imagine, we get a starting CB, WR, RT and QB in this draft? Then we have two firsts next year to parlay into more picks to fill out this roster with better talent? 2018 could be THE Year folks,

I am Pumped up for this season.

Yeah and with Michael Jasper at DT nobody will be able to run up the middle!

Nobody has said that, so please don't invent stuff and present it as truth. All I said was that Brady also got mediocre pre-draft grades...nothing more, nothing less.

I do ​NOT​ expect Peterman to turn out anywhere near like Brady but think he will be better than some think.

Please get your facts straight.

Have you not been reading this board, the comparisons are being made in every freaking thread (Why we have multiple on him I have no idea)

People wan't better than Taylor. Him actually starting has nothing to do with fans currently saying we have the next Tom Brady on our hands.

Tyrod was a 6th round pick in 2011, not talking about Brady.

Have you not been reading this board, the comparisons are being made in every freaking thread (Why we have multiple on him I have no idea)

I have to admit I have not read every single post but would be very surprised if anybody is actually comparing him to Brady. A lot of the comments are similar and many people think he will be a good NFL QB but that's as far as it goes. Comparisons I have seen are to Dalton and Cousins but those are multiple tiers below Brady.

6 of our 9 losses last year were by a Touchdown or less .... All I want to see if 4th quarter comebacks ... 44% completion percentage when it's the 4th quarter and within 7 points .. worse percentage see link below vs. other parts of the game. 3 TDs / 2 Ints .. 65% QB rating. I want a QB to lead us back .. just haven't seen that from Tyrod

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/situationalstats

Situational Stats? How dare you!! ;):devil:

I have to admit I have not read every single post but would be very surprised if anybody is actually comparing him to Brady. A lot of the comments are similar and many people think he will be a good NFL QB but that's as far as it goes. Comparisons I have seen are to Dalton and Cousins but those are multiple tiers below Brady.

For what its worth (not much) I think his ceiling is A. Smith. Or he might be valuable as a long term backup maybe a notch above Fitz. Either result (especially the first) would be fantastic value for a fifth round pick. Or he might just bust of course, which is probably more likely. He is an intriguing prospect though and even as such I feel he was a good 5th round selection. Except for passing on Foster I like the Bills draft.