Bills claim DE Scott Crichton

@fieldyates

The Bills have claimed DE Scott Crichton off of waivers from the Vikings, per league source.

I can't believe I remember this but I think they liked him back when Schwartz was here and brought him in for pre-draft visit

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@fieldyates

The Bills have claimed DE Scott Crichton off of waivers from the Vikings, per league source.

I can't believe I remember this but I think they liked him back when Schwartz was here and brought him in for pre-draft visit

That's correct--they tried to trade up in the draft for him

Crichton was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings with the 8th pick in the 3rd round (72th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.[7] In the 2014 season, Crichton played in 8 games with 0 starts.[8] On December 10, 2015, Crichton suffered a concussion in the Minnesota Vikings' loss to the Arizona Cardinals. Then on December 19, 2015, Crichton was placed on Injured Reserve.[9] Before his 2015 season prematurely ended, Crichton played in 13 games with 0 starts.[8]

On August 31, 2016, Crichton was placed on injured reserve after clearing waivers.[10]

On March 24, 2017, Crichton was released by the Vikings.[11]

Buffalo Bills

On March 27, 2017 Crichton was claimed off of waivers by the Buffalo Bills.

Maybe concussion issues? He was noted to be one of the better prospects in the 2014 draft and projected to be a 2nd rounder. Hopefully this is another one of those junkyard dogs that Whaley finds and turns out to be a positive for us.

This from an espn piece:

"Crichton was never able to show a thorough enough command of the Vikings' defense to earn regular playing time, however, and after he started only one game in his first two NFL seasons, he was placed on injured reserve before the 2016 season."

A bit Surprising. Hopefully McD's defense is straightforward for the front 4.

His NFL.com Draft profile notes that he was extremely raw coming out and should probably have stayed for his senior season. It says "could require patience".

Here's hoping that a new environment, a badass d-line coach, and a second chance help him unlock his potential. At the very least, his presence along with that of Ryan Davis and Lorenzo Alexander lessons the immediacy of the need for edge depth.

I don't really care anymore. The Bills will sign him to a one year deal then when he plays well the Bills will let him walk

Just like Zach Brown

And Lorenzo Alexander.

And Mike Gillislee

And Ryan Groy

And Richie Incognito

And...well...it's probably easier to just say that you're wrong.

I don't really care anymore. The Bills will sign him to a one year deal then when he plays well the Bills will let him walk

Just like Zach Brown

they made him an offer that he has yet to take. They aren't going to overpay beyond his value. Do you think they should?

And Lorenzo Alexander.

And Mike Gillislee

And Ryan Groy

And Richie Incognito

And...well...it's probably easier to just say that you're wrong.

Be nice to get that rotation of the front four going that Jim Schwartz utilised so well.

One things for certain, if he isnt capable due to physical/mental abilities or drive, our dline coach will not tolerate it.

you know John Blake do you ?

Loved watching him here at OSU. A workhorse.

Good to hear my Friend. I have no idea about this fellow. But a current day attacking 4 man front need to remain fresh !

Love the work ethic you noted

Interesting claim, seems like injuries and being bit raw coming out of college stifled his career development. But the potential still seems like it could be there. Maybe a good change of scenery and coaching and a off-season to recover from injuries will help him develop better. Already deep line got another player that could make it better.

depth is a good thing. hope he gets healthy and can contribute. I'm really looking forward to seeing this defense turned around.

some good prospects in the upcoming draft to add to these fa's. should be a good training camp/preseason piecing it all together.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973