Bills claim DE Scott Crichton

Liked him coming out...Especially vs the run...He's not a bender, he's definitely not a natural pass rush-kind of DE, and he's not huge...But, in College at least, he was pretty tough at the point of attack and if he got his mitts on you it was over...And he's not a bad athlete at all...Just a little stiff...

This is a good pick-up if he's healthy...The type of guy that could easily slide into the #3 DE role if all goes right...And that's definitely a need on this team right now... B-)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that McD has a certain type of DE he likes with the Ryan Davis and Crichton pick ups. Both about 265.

Right around Shaq's size. I'm starting to think he's a really good fit in this role, even if he doesn't end up a prolific pass rusher.

The real question is our fronts. If we run a package system like Seattle, where we kick our bigger DE inside and bring in a pass rusher to play end in passing situations, I could see this playing nicely.

Edited by FireChan

He hasn't lived up to his predraft billing yet sounds like could offer some depth behind Shaq. Feels like a Douzable type signing in that fits the defense we're running. I especially liked this write-up that suggests he'd be in a 4-2-5 defense seems McDermott favors a nickel based system. http://www.fanaticalyankee.com/nfl-draft-scouting-reports/scott-crichton-scouting-report-2014-nfl-draft

you know John Blake do you ?

Good to hear my Friend. I have no idea about this fellow. But a current day attacking 4 man front need to remain fresh !

Love the work ethic you noted

Mike Waufle is the new D line coach. Ex-Marine. Let's see what he can do with this kid. And I'm particularly interested in what he does with Dareus. I think Dareus either mans up or melts into a puddle of goo under this guy.

Might be part of the rotation and if so, could see 25 - 30 snaps a game.

Good pickup and hopefully helps us avoid using a draft pick.

I think we will have a pretty solid rotation.

Lawson and Crichton can play inside. I see them being a part of that rotation along with the ends.

Alexander of course can play at end on pass rushing situation.

So you've got Davis, Hughes, Lawson and Crichton at DE rotation.

Dareus, Williams, Washington, Lawson and Crichton on DYT rotations. I think I saw Davis in the highlight films playing inside. Looks like we can have fresh bodies out there all the time.

He just isn't as good at it as the GMs whose teams make the playoffs frequently. He does do a better job than Russ Brandon circa 2009, but that is a pretty low bar to get over.

yea, those teams have QBs or coaches who know how to coach (which we havent had in Whaleys tenure, and not to his fault, he didn't hire those guys)

Love the depth pick up...Whaley does seem to constantly pick up other teams trash and work them into serviceable or better roles here, color me optimistic

He just isn't as good at it as the GMs whose teams make the playoffs frequently. He does do a better job than Russ Brandon circa 2009, but that is a pretty low bar to get over.

If Jerry Jones doesn't hit on Zeke and Dak in the draft, Whaley could have easily been named GM of the year last year by adding Lorax, ZBrown and BTate last year.