If you had to choose 1 out of the 10, who would it be?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly... the Browns, 49ers, Bears, Jets, Chargers, Bills, Saints, Cardinals, Redskins, Giants, Texans, Chiefs, Steelers all need QBs either now or very soon.

According to Matt Miller, Mahomes had meetings with 49ers, Jets, Giants, Bills, Saints, Steelers, Browns, Redskins, Texans, Chargers.

I think that some of the draft “experts” are being fools in thinking Mahomes will go in the second round. Daniel Jeremiah had the Bills taking Gareon Conley at #10 (WHO?! WHAT?!) and just two QBs taken with no Mahomes in his latest mock draft. Ridiculous.

Who cares, draft Mahomes. Yes, they missed on EJ...but they also missed on Dak Prescott because they didn't take him soon enough.

Finding a QB is almost totally random. So you have to still take risks and chances. They will be an irrelevant team until they do, no matter what "elite" corner they would pick. Plus this "elite" corner will bolt in four to five years (see Gilmore).

There is zero percent chance we take Mahomes or any QB at 10 and there isnt a single QB close to worthy of the 10th pick.

For all the Mahomes love, people forget he has serious mechanics and foot work issues that MUST change in the NFL for him to have success. You can get away with that stuff in college, but not in the NFL. There has never been a good NFL QB who throws so often off his back foot. There have been thousands of strong arm, even elite type arm QB's who have busted in the NFL because you need more than a big arm to succeed. It took quite a few plays in his highlight reel before I saw a big time NFL throw. Many were back foot heaves that worked out...great, that works in college, not gonna work in the NFL.

Mahomes is intriguing, no doubt, and I wouldn't hate the pick if we got him in the 2nd...but he is a big gamble at 10 and we are no where close to needing to gamble on a QB as regardless of your opinion of TT, he led the team to the 5th highest scoring offense in the NFL in his 15 games with pretty much no Sammy most the time, a dinged up scrub core of WR's and even had his OL, RB's, and TE go out for multiple games. A healthy Sammy and TT were pretty effective the final 9 games the year before, the one healthy stretch Sammy had the last 2 years.

Either add a elite prospect on the D or an elite offensive weapon prospect like Davis, Williams, or Howard at 10.

PS: This is a RICH draft class everywhere but QB and OT...dont be surprised to see only 2 QB's or less go in the first. 4 could still go of course as teams have a history of reaching for QB's, but since none of them are overwhelming prospects in a draft rich at other positions, I think teams might be more tempted to wait to the 2nd and see who falls.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Exactly... the Browns, 49ers, Bears, Jets, Chargers, Bills, Saints, Cardinals, Redskins, Giants, Texans, Chiefs, Steelers all need QBs either now or very soon.

According to Matt Miller, Mahomes had meetings with 49ers, Jets, Giants, Bills, Saints, Steelers, Browns, Redskins, Texans, Chargers.

I think that some of the draft “experts” are being fools in thinking Mahomes will go in the second round. Daniel Jeremiah had the Bills taking Gareon Conley at #10 (WHO?! WHAT?!) and just two QBs taken with no Mahomes in his latest mock draft. Ridiculous.

Who cares, draft Mahomes. Yes, they missed on EJ...but they also missed on Dak Prescott because they didn't take him soon enough.

Finding a QB is almost totally random. So you have to still take risks and chances. They will be an irrelevant team until they do, no matter what "elite" corner they would pick. Plus this "elite" corner will bolt in four to five years (see Gilmore).

I'd take a bet on that

Here's a hypothetical scenario.

We can only draft 1 of these top prospects in the 1st round that we need. Pick 1 out of the 10 prospects and explain WHY you chose your choice over the others.

Considering we just resigned TT, I've ignored the option of drafting a QB in the first round.

Also, consider trading down from 10th overall to get one of these players, what would we get in return?

1. Marshon Lattimore - CB

2. Malik Hooker - FS

3. Mike Williams - WR

4. Jamal Adams - SS

5. OJ Howard - TE

6. Malik McDowell - DL

7. Corey Davis - WR

8. Cam Robinson - OT

9. Reuben Foster - ILB

10. Jonathan Allen - DL

Personally I would choose Corey Davis. Reason why is because he has more "juice" than M.Williams and would be a benefit to the offense to create a dual threat at the WR position. Even though there are a lot of great options, I believe we need to go WR at first round.

Might as well say we should also ignore S based on Poyer/Hyde signings

Still, I'm leaning towards Lattimore based on BPA and need intersection

Given the parameters of the question, I would choose Adams. He won't be there at #10. In several threads, I have posted my preference to trade down and get an extra second.

I personally think Mahomes has potential to become a franchise qb. Unlike most of the other fellas who like him, I also think Watson is a good qb prospect, his arm velocity test notwithstanding. I'd like to get one of these qbs. I would go after Zay Jones and best db with the other early picks.

Davis.

WR is the biggest need pick AND a position with poor depth this year in the draft. Any other position of need there are starters in rounds 2-3.

Davis over Williams only by a little b/c Williams' hands seem questionable. I'm no expert on the two though.

Davis.

WR is the biggest need pick AND a position with poor depth this year in the draft. Any other position of need there are starters in rounds 2-3.

Davis over Williams only by a little b/c Williams' hands seem questionable. I'm no expert on the two though.

I think I'd take Davis over Williams as well, but I don't think the WR position is that thin this year. Guys like Goodwin (PSU); Zae Jones, Smith-Schuster, Kupp, Reynolds, and Etta-Tawo (who I think will be the WR steal of the draft) should all be available in RD's 2-5. I'd take an instant-impact player with the first pick, and I don't see Davis or Williams living up to that.

If Hooker drops to us it's a no brainer, he has the hands, knowledge and speed to be an amazing player for years. I don't see him dropping to 10 so realistically I would take Davis.

Hooker would be great. Guy like Adams who makes the entire D better. I don't see either one being there at 10. So I'd go with the biggest impact player remaining.

Count me in the Adams "family" as the guy can play either Safety spot and has leadership skills. I think he might slide since S generally don't guy as high and Hooker is a better athlete. Yet the more scouting reports I read the more special he may be which might make him unavailable.

I would trade # 10 for a #2 in 17 and # 3 next year. With the 2's I would take the best wr and best OT available.

The #10 pick this year for a 2nd Round pick this year and a 3rd next? Seriously? :doh: thank God you're not the GM.

Here's a hypothetical scenario.

We can only draft 1 of these top prospects in the 1st round that we need. Pick 1 out of the 10 prospects and explain WHY you chose your choice over the others.

Considering we just resigned TT, I've ignored the option of drafting a QB in the first round.

Also, consider trading down from 10th overall to get one of these players, what would we get in return?

1. Marshon Lattimore - CB

2. Malik Hooker - FS

3. Mike Williams - WR

4. Jamal Adams - SS

5. OJ Howard - TE

6. Malik McDowell - DL

7. Corey Davis - WR

8. Cam Robinson - OT

9. Reuben Foster - ILB

10. Jonathan Allen - DL

Personally I would choose Corey Davis. Reason why is because he has more "juice" than M.Williams and would be a benefit to the offense to create a dual threat at the WR position. Even though there are a lot of great options, I believe we need to go WR at first round.

Corey Davis! We can fill the backend of our defense in later rounds and be solid there. A case could be made for Hooker or Adams as real difference makers that a #2 WR can't match right away but I don't see it that way personally. If Tyrod doesn't have more threats he will be keyed and falter. We need to pick the best WR for him - Corey Davis.

Edited by Strethor

I think people need to prepare themselves for the very real possibility that John Ross is going to be the team's pick at 10.

I think that he's going to the Bengals at 9. I wouldn't be surprised with Howard though either. You always hear Howard compared to Olsen and I can't help but think McDermott really liked having Olsen on his team. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think that he's going to the Bengals at 9. I wouldn't be surprised with Howard though either. You always hear Howard compared to Olsen and I can't help but think McDermott really liked having Olsen on his team.

Good point that I hadn't thought much about.

I am utterly stuck on the idea that Ross will be gone before the 15th pick.

No.

There's ZERO chance of that.

There, I've done what I can :lol:

Haha. Thanks for the chuckle and letting me down easy.

No way they take Ross at 10. He just won't be the best player on the board. If they do, they better put a tighter muzzle on Whaley.

CB

This is what forced the Bills to draft EJ...

"We need to draft a QB in the first"

Then when the Bills do...

"Why did we draft the QB I didn't want in the first"

One of the main differences, though, is that EJ wasn't even really that good in college either. Watch any tape on him and you will clearly see the same issues (especially accuracy) that we saw here. Watch Mahomes, Trubisky, or Watson and the difference is night and day IMO. I think all 3 are highly UNDERRATED in this draft.

Edited by Mark80

One of the main differences, though, is that EJ wasn't even really that good at college either. Watch any tape on him and you will clearly see the same issues (especially accuracy) that we saw here. Watch Mahomes, Trubisky, or Watson and the difference is night and day IMO. I think all 3 are highly UNDERRATED in this draft.

Yes, thank you. EJ is not in the same league as some of these QB prospects. The 2017 class might not have a Luck (most classes don't) but if you like QB's there should be at least 2 prospects that you can get on board with.

Yes, thank you. EJ is not in the same league as some of these QB prospects. The 2017 class might not have a Luck (most classes don't) but if you like QB's there should be at least 2 prospects that you can get on board with.

"Get on board with" is not how you describe the 10th pick in the draft. That is the point. You don't pass on an Elite prospect at a position of BIGGER need to take a QB prospect with a lot of risk. There is no scenario that can happen where ANY of the top 4 QB's would be the BPA at the 10th pick. And regardless of anyones positive or negative opinion on TT, QB is not the biggest hole on this roster currently.

If the FO wants a QB, see who falls into the 2nd...but don't blow a chance at an ELITE prospect to gamble on a risky QB that likely isnt even listed in the top 30 players of this draft.

"Get on board with" is not how you describe the 10th pick in the draft. That is the point. You don't pass on an Elite prospect at a position of BIGGER need to take a QB prospect with a lot of risk. There is no scenario that can happen where ANY of the top 4 QB's would be the BPA at the 10th pick. And regardless of anyones positive or negative opinion on TT, QB is not the biggest hole on this roster currently.

If the FO wants a QB, see who falls into the 2nd...but don't blow a chance at an ELITE prospect to gamble on a risky QB that likely isnt even listed in the top 30 players of this draft.

There are not 10 elite prospects in this draft. If Solomon Thomas or Jamal Adams was sitting there at 10 I would have to think about what to do. But after that we hit another tier where Mahomes is far more attractive than adding another CB or a second TE.