Gilmore to be...a patriot

It will be alright. Maybe the next CB that takes his place will fill that empty void for you. I sure hope so my friend.

I'm glad we can be friends!

:beer:

I don't get attached to players (except the truly great pass rushers; they're the apple of my eye).

Not sure why "I call 'em like I see 'em" is confusing, but hey, it's all gravy.

Now that he's a Pat, I hope he gets roundly roasted by Sammy thrice weekly when we face them.

You're absolutely right. Belichek was nothing special in Cleveland and also in NE before Brady fell into their laps. Any coach would look like a genius with a HOF QB.

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and 3-1 with Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett.

Must've been cuz a Tawmy!

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad we can be friends!

:beer:

I don't get attached to players (except the truly great pass rushers; they're the apple of my eye).

Not sure why "I call 'em like I see 'em" is confusing, but hey, it's all gravy.

Now that he's a Pat, I hope he gets roundly roasted by Sammy thrice weekly when we face them.

We can certainly agree on that. We can hug it out and have a tickle party if you're up for it.... B-) I will bring the yohoo chocolate drinks.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

I go by exactly what I see in the games. Apparently, thousands of other Bills fans feel the same way about Gilmore.

Bandit loves stats to death and Belichek said it best "Stats are for losers."

That's the line that folks break out when literally nothing beyond more opinion supports their position

We can certainly agree on that. We can hug it out and have a tickle party if your up for it.... B-) I will bring the yohoo chocolate drinks.

I'm not much of a Yoo-hoo guy, but I average 2-3 good tickle fights per night (I have 4 year old twins)!

I knew I liked you :thumbsup:

That's the line that folks break out when literally nothing beyond more opinion supports their position

I'm not much of a Yoo-hoo guy, but I average 2-3 good tickle fights per night (I have 4 year old twins)!

:thumbsup: I got 7 yr old and 9 yr old. Yes, tickle fights are the norm around here.

Also, without Brady he would just be your everyday average NFL coach. Hell Rex Ryan could have won some SBs with Brady at the helm. probably just about any coach on the league would have a very, VERY good shot at winning it all a few times if Brady is your QB.

I think that's undervaluing Belichek and overvaluing Ryan, but maybe that's just me.

I will not, however, be joining your tickle fights with Bandit.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I'm sorry buddy, I don't live on the computer all day as you apparently do.

You say you like great pass rushers, what's your opinion on Shaq Lawson? If Lorax is not resigned, do you think the Bills will try to replace him either via FA or draft?

I've been a fan since 1980, based off of 37 years of watching the NFL, Gilmore is not worth $15M a year. IMO, I'd rather have a great front seven that can generate pressure on the QB and LB's that can cover TE's, versus devoting a ton of money to the secondary. Byrd is another example. While I liked Byrd, he wasn't worth what the Saints gave him.

So, you're saying the almighty Belichek never makes a mistake?

It's not really a boundary corner's job to cover TEs. They're supposed to be able to man up against the Antonio Browns of the world, which Gilmore did this year. Did you see the Pitt game? He was excellent.

I'm sorry buddy, I don't live on the computer all day as you apparently do.

You say you like great pass rushers, what's your opinion on Shaq Lawson? If Lorax is not resigned, do you think the Bills will try to replace him either via FA or draft?

I'm fairly middle ground on Shaq; I feel like he's probably Adrian Clayborn-esque, but im hopeful that there's a Terrell Suggs hiding in there somewhere.

I would absolutely be going after a situational pass rusher if LorAx leaves; I've mentioned Dwight Freeney and Elvis Dumervil as my preferred targets (and told my epic saga of Dumervil infatuation--let me be brief and say that I'll never get over the selections of McCargo, Youboty, and Ko Simpson).

I'm fairly middle ground on Shaq; I feel like he's probably Adrian Clayborn-esque, but im hopeful that there's a Terrell Suggs hiding in there somewhere.

I would absolutely be going after a situational pass rusher if LorAx leaves; I've mentioned Dwight Freeney and Elvis Dumervil as my preferred targets (and told my epic saga of Dumervil infatuation--let me be brief and say that I'll never get over the selections of McCargo, Youboty, and Ko Simpson).

It would be nice to see either Freeney or Dumervil in a Bills uniform.

McCargo, Youboty and Simpson were terrible picks. While I liked Marv as our HC, he was a terrible GM. Those picks are in line with Whitner over Ngata and drafting Aaron Maybin.

It's not really a boundary corner's job to cover TEs. They're supposed to be able to man up against the Antonio Browns of the world, which Gilmore did this year. Did you see the Pitt game? He was excellent.

Gilmore did a great job in that game, but has been inconsistent throughout his time in Buffalo. For $15M a year (or even the franchise tag of $14M), you expect more consistency.

To my eyes Gilmore is not worth the contract. He's been inconsistent in coverage and is a bad tackler. But Belichik knows defense and has seen a lot of Gilmore. You'd have to assume that he thinks he can become an all pro caliber player. That concerns me.

Also, without Brady he would just be your everyday average NFL coach. Hell Rex Ryan could have won some SBs with Brady at the helm. probably just about any coach on the league would have a very, VERY good shot at winning it all a few times if Brady is your QB.

That's quite the take.....Belichick is 10X better than Rexy was.....he's regarded as the best in the league by his peers and other NFL insiders...

Last time I checked the Pats played good defense while Rex's D was being steam rolled by Fitzy. BB and Rex in the same sentence is a joke.

I hope that Sammy cleats Happy Gilmore right in the face on the way for TD.

I hope he doesn't hurt his foot on Gilmore's face. I just laugh when people have these types of fantasies. We always crave revenge against former players and the hated Pats. The problem is that during the last 17 years we are always the ones getting our faces stomped on. It's probably more likely that Gilmore has a pick six, and makes a tackle that injuries a key player. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Last time I checked the Pats played good defense while Rex's D was being steamed rolled by Fitzy. BB and Rex in the same sentence is a joke.

I hope he doesn't hurt his foot on Gilmore's face. I just laugh when people have these types of fantasies. We always crave revenge against former players and the hated Pats. The problem is that during the last 17 years we are always the ones getting our faces stomped on. It's probably more likely that Gilmore has a pick six, and makes a tackle that injuries a key player.

Thats the spirit

They barely threw the ball that game. They ran for 200+. I guess you could make the argument they ran because our secondary shut them down, but I'd be more inclined to say they ran because our run D sucked.

They barely threw the ball that game. They ran for 200+. I guess you could make the argument they ran because our secondary shut them down, but I'd be more inclined to say they ran because our run D sucked.

I did think the pitt game was one of his better games....he also contributed interceptions which he hardly EVER does. It would have been nice if our D would have somewhat stopped their run in that game and forced them to throw it

That is actually something I wanted to bring up.....over 60 million dollars to a player that doesnt create turnovers

Gilmore was a solid CB. Hate to see him go, but I don't believe he's worth that type of money. We will see just how good he is when the Pats trade Butler and he becomes their #1 CB. Imo, Butler is a better player and clutch at that. Will Gilmore hold up? Does Bill jump his sh*t when he wiffs on a few "attempted" tackles? Will he fit in with "the Patriot way"? Time will tell. I don't think it will be viewed as wasted money per say, but I do believe that the chatter of him being overpaid will creep in.

Pitt threw it 31 times in that game!

I did think the pitt game was one of his better games....he also contributed interceptions which he hardly EVER does. It would have been nice if our D would have somewhat stopped their run in that game and forced them to throw it

That is actually something I wanted to bring up.....over 60 million dollars to a player that doesnt create turnovers

Gilmore was fifth in the entire league in INTs last season.

Gilmore was a solid CB. Hate to see him go, but I don't believe he's worth that type of money. We will see just how good he is when the Pats trade Butler and he becomes their #1 CB. Imo, Butler is a better player and clutch at that. Will Gilmore hold up? Does Bill jump his sh*t when he wiffs on a few "attempted" tackles? Will he fit in with "the Patriot way"? Time will tell. I don't think it will be viewed as wasted money per say, but I do believe that the chatter of him being overpaid will creep in.

I think he is gonna be a good player for him which is what is gonna make us hate him.....but...as always...how Tom Brady goes is how the patriots go and Gilmore is not gonna change that

I'm looking forward to the Sammy vs Stephan Showdown, feat. the music of John Williams.

I had the same thought... well not the super man theme song thing. I think they'll actually Match up well, and be fun to watch.

Some one said bubble screen. Isn't that how you would attack Gilmore with Sammy?

Of course the first time you do it and it works, it's the last time. Then he's back to decoy.

People are talking a lot about it because a) everyone here cares about the Pats (for obvious reasons) and b) no one here really cares about the Bears.

What are the obvious reasons? Because they win with a great QB and are in the East? I don't care one iota about the Pats or any of their players, except that I want to see them injured. They are the mortal enemy. Nor will I pull for any ex Bill that wears that uniform. Simple as that. It's sad how so many here actually want to see ex Bills go along for the ride on Brady's coat tails . Yes the Bills have good players that they will not be able to keep. Just like any other NFL team. Gilmore was good, not great and the Bills had their limit on him. And if they had let say, Dareus walk and go to the Pats for a ring then the same crap would be flowing about how the Bills shouldn't have let MD walk. The Pats can plug in any decent player from any team and win with the QB they have now. Period. You can't keep all your players folks , even the Pats don't . Go be a freaking Pats fan if you want. You just simply can't like both teams. They are divisional enemies. The Patriot love on this board is beyond disgusting. Any Bill going there equals 50 pages of whining. Believe it or not the Bills actually have players on their roster capable of playing in the league. And they won't be able to keep all of them. Why is this so hard to understand? I did not want the Bills to spend the $$ on Gilmore and expected him to leave . I don't care where he went and if it's the Pats I care even less.

for those looking for a positive angle....

some have pointed out Gilmore's half hearted tackling....

Gilmore was 7th on the Bills with 48 total tackles.

one of the NE corners he is replacing...

Logan Ryan (to Titans) was 1st on NE with 92 tackles.

for those looking for a positive angle....

some have pointed out Gilmore's half hearted tackling....

Gilmore was 7th on the Bills with 48 total tackles.

one of the NE corners he is replacing...

Logan Ryan (to Titans) was 1st on NE with 92 tackles.

Wow, that's a pretty big drop off.

I had the same thought... well not the super man theme song thing. I think they'll actually Match up well, and be fun to watch.

Some one said bubble screen. Isn't that how you would attack Gilmore with Sammy?

Of course the first time you do it and it works, it's the last time. Then he's back to decoy.

Sammy has been practicing against Gilmore for 3 years. He will be going into the games very confident, for whatever that is worth, on how to play him. Gilmore has said that he thinks Sammy is the hardest WR he's had to cover. Edited by YoloinOhio

He couldn't cover Hogan, what makes NE think he's gonna be able to cover a real NFL WR?

First time he sallies up on a tackle will be the last time he sees the field in NE.

That's what pisses me off! Players will half ass for other organizations but give maximum effort when playing for Belichick. See Lagarette Blount. Edited by Chicken Boo

Ben threw it 31 times. What.

What are the obvious reasons? Because they win with a great QB and are in the East? I don't care one iota about the Pats or any of their players, except that I want to see them injured. They are the mortal enemy. Nor will I pull for any ex Bill that wears that uniform. Simple as that. It's sad how so many here actually want to see ex Bills go along for the ride on Brady's coat tails . Yes the Bills have good players that they will not be able to keep. Just like any other NFL team. Gilmore was good, not great and the Bills had their limit on him. And if they had let say, Dareus walk and go to the Pats for a ring then the same crap would be flowing about how the Bills shouldn't have let MD walk. The Pats can plug in any decent player from any team and win with the QB they have now. Period. You can't keep all your players folks , even the Pats don't . Go be a freaking Pats fan if you want. You just simply can't like both teams. They are divisional enemies. The Patriot love on this board is beyond disgusting. Any Bill going there equals 50 pages of whining. Believe it or not the Bills actually have players on their roster capable of playing in the league. And they won't be able to keep all of them. Why is this so hard to understand? I did not want the Bills to spend the $$ on Gilmore and expected him to leave . I don't care where he went and if it's the Pats I care even less.

I don't think many folks are rooting for him in NE. They just find it frustrating that one of our better players is going to the division rival who stomps us.

That's what pisses me off! Players will half ass for other organizations but give maximum effort when playing for Belichick. See Lagarette Blount.

that's coaching !!

in NE, players literally take tests during weak to verify they know the play calls and their responsibilities.....not like that backup bills QB in the past who came in a game, looked lost, then later admitted he didn't know playbook.

I did not want the Bills to spend the $$ on Gilmore and expected him to leave . I don't care where he went and if it's the Pats I care even less.

Fair enough. But I think the Bills will regret letting him walk. He is massively better than the consensus opinion of this board on him. Just like last year with Hogan if I am on the same side as Belichick in an argument about a football player but on the opposite side as a load of forum posters (as much as I love you all) I am pretty comfortable in that spot.

You sound suspiciously like someone who cares a lot about the Pats. Hate is a form of caring too, you know ...

Wow, that's a pretty big drop off.

Good cbs tend not to have many tackles. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReviDa99.htm

Good move for Pats and Gilmore. Still happy that Bills let him walk as he was not about to give the Bills any type of discount.

Forget a discount, he stopped even trying last season.

I think Gilmore had his moments, but I never thought he was great. When ever he made play, I found myself holding my breath waiting for a flag.

We'll see if he starts to "phone it in" for Belicheat as well.

JMO

Edited by cd1