Gilmore to be...a patriot

Nightmare.

The Pats now have the best CB tandem in the league.

They're overpaying, but they have the room to do that. Wake me up when Jonathan Kraft is their owner, McDaniels is HC, Brissett is their starting QB and they have a no-name GM.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's only considered the "greatest" because of the guy playing QB for him. Prior to becoming NE's coach, he flamed out in Cleveland, and likely would have flamed out in NE, if Bledsoe hadn't gotten hurt in 2001.

Nah - he's the greatest.

let's go re-visit the Pats sign Hogan thread in its first days. lots of dumb move, you can have him, they overpaid for him. they'll put Gilmore in a position to be successful, just like they did with Hogan.

Stop with the Hogan crap. He was completely average in New England. Hogan was not a bad signing for them, it would have been for us. I think Gilmore ends up not living up to the contract, but they can afford to overpay so they'll be fine. I just hate how everyone is suddenly scared because the Big Bad Patriots signed our scared-to-tackle CB that just 2 days ago everyone was saying no one way he is worth the money,

None of us wanted him to get top dollar. Now that he signed there everyone says they wanted him?

Yeah....I remember more people wanting to show him the door than keep him. Now that he's gone suddenly there is a change of heart.

Nightmare.

The Pats now have the best CB tandem in the league.

They're overpaying, but they have the room to do that. Wake me up when Jonathan Kraft is their owner, McDaniels is HC, Brissett is their starting QB and they have a no-name GM.

I look at it this way. Let them get every single FA in the market. At least the rest of the teams dont get better. Lol. I know. Sad.

He's only considered the "greatest" because of the guy playing QB for him. Prior to becoming NE's coach, he flamed out in Cleveland, and likely would have flamed out in NE, if Bledsoe hadn't gotten hurt in 2001.

ah so he deserves zero credit for player selection, play calling, staff composition..i mean I can keep going.

I despise NE, but facts are facts. don't be bitter.

who said they are paying top market rate? How many players sign in NE for market value?

And how could they have a deal in place, I thought they couldn't talk contract during this time period,lol

$14 mil/season is at top market value for CBs. Teams can negotiate starting Tuesday, but not officially sign until 4PM today.

We have FBs and a new kicker so that kind of balances out in the long run. I would have let KW go to a contender, start Cardale and draft another qb beyond the 3rd round. THis should have been the rebuild year with all the cap room and high draft pick next year. THis year is going to be beyond infuriating when Buffalo is out of the playoff run in early November AGAIN.

Its OK Patriots we counter your CBs that will blanket our WRs with 2 FBs and are chasing 2 TEs.

Lets not forget out kicker that was worse at XP than the one we cut

And one of the worst OGs in the league.

But hey we signed pur QB that can run but not throw.

Edited by MAJBobby

To be completely honest it sucks but I mean who really cares? Sometimes it doesn't always work out.

I live in New England, but big bills fans. I happen to know a bit about the pats having them forced down my throat for the last 17 years. He is not a "patriot way" player, Gives up big plays when you need him the most, points blame at everyone, wont tackle, and if he does usually get hurt if he does. If you say well he was in a contract year last year and didn't want to get hurt, your making my point regarding the patriot way. I just heard on the radio before this came out. they have Bulter as RFA who is pissed. "He has done everything they asked, 2 time pro bowler, and arguably made the biggest play in super bowl history and he can't get a long term deal." Glad the Pats made a move the Bills didn't for once.

Greatly put, I see how they're doing Butler and I thought to myself wow this guy has done everything for that team. Gilmore is a good corner but he's not great and he has a lot of flaws. He's terrible at playing the ball down field and couldn't tackle a JV kicker. He was offered I believe over a $11m/per year last year and turned it down. He did not want to be a Bill and that was obvious. It's whatever, we weren't winning with him anyways and the Patriots weren't losing either. They can have him for $14mil/year.

Can't blame Gilmore one bit, gets top dollar, goes to the team that currently wins the most and gets the best chance of winning a championship. Now with all that being said I hate him, right up there with Hogan, Antowain Smith, Sammy Morris etc etc. I don't give a ****, if you played for us and then go play for a division rival, ESPECIALLY the Patriots, then you're on a shitlist. I understand why and what he did but now I !@#$ing hate him.

Yeah....I remember more people wanting to show him the door than keep him. Now that he's gone suddenly there is a change of heart.

I was never one of those people.

Gilmore played well for us and he's about to make the Bill's FO look like fools. He's now part of a winning culture, with a very very competent coaching staff, and some of the greatest players to play the game (respectively) at their position. He'll thrive and get even better.

Can anyone confirm reports of a naked Bill from NYC dancing in the streets this morning, drunk out of his mind?

This can't be true. Bill is not much of a dancer. However, whenever he walks in any Manhattan bar the bartenders call him by his nickname, Mr. Crimson Tide.