Gilmore to be...a patriot

Whynask a dumb question? It is in Whaley's professional job description.

What is "Whynask?" Is that a word? At any rate, if you, or anyone else on this forum, thinks that you would do a better job managing the cap, put a resume together, with definitive proof from past experience, and send it to the Pegulas. God willing, by this time next year, we will have an average fan running things at OBD.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously Bill Belicheck believes Gilmore is a good corner.

But many on a Bills message board...

My first thought as well.

Similar to my first thought when the Pats signed Hogan.

I think we Bills fans are so jaded from years of losing that we sometimes fail to appreciate that talent that does pass through OBD.

let's go re-visit the Pats sign Hogan thread in its first days. lots of dumb move, you can have him, they overpaid for him. they'll put Gilmore in a position to be successful, just like they did with Hogan.

Completely different caliber when comparing Hogan and Gilmore.

Do you see the irony here? A championship team with an immensely better roster has the cap space to bring in a good player. A persistently losing franchise with a less talented roster can't afford to keep a good player because it is in a tight cap situation. Which organization is better managed? No one can deny that the Pats are the gold standard in this league.

Trade Collins for a 3rd because you don't want to pay a position of less worth. Sign top rated CB with money you saved and pay a position of great worth.

Perfect guy for them. Better than Ryan or Butler or anyone they would be able to draft. Ryan is a ufa and wanted to get paid.

He will cover other team's number 2 WRs 1-1 and they will double the #1s

So you're saying if you send your number two receiver on a vertical route, the Pats defensive scheme can easily be defeated?

My first thought as well.

Similar to my first thought when the Pats signed Hogan.

I think we Bills fans are so jaded from years of losing that we sometimes fail to appreciate that talent that does pass through OBD.

Hogan didn't get paid 14+ a year. Totally different. BB just made Gilmore a top 5 paid player on his team.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I am fine with this. BB isn't infallible. I can't wait to see Gilmore try to cover Sammy in a real game.