Gilmore to be...a patriot

Do you see the irony here? A championship team with an immensely better roster has the cap space to bring in a good player. A persistently losing franchise with a less talented roster can't afford to keep a good player because it is in a tight cap situation. Which organization is better managed? No one can deny that the Pats are the gold standard in this league.

A "tight cap situation" isn't preventing us from signing premium kickers, fullbacks, short yardage backs and backup guards. People can believe whatever narrative they want, but simply put we could have tagged Gilmore and filled non premium positions with replacement level talent for league minimum. If anyone honestly believes we are a better team with Hauska, DiMarco, Tolbert, Ducasse, cheap replacement corner or high draft pick than with Gilmore + high draft pick at a need position and guys who win camp battles in those other spots, I've got some ocean front property in Buffalo to sell you.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you see the irony here? A championship team with an immensely better roster has the cap space to bring in a good player. A persistently losing franchise with a less talented roster can't afford to keep a good player because it is in a tight cap situation. Which organization is better managed? No one can deny that the Pats are the gold standard in this league.

once we get a top 2 of all time qb we can do that too.

The fact that they are loaded with cap space after winning the Superbowl just further proves BB's ability to evaluate talent. If BB is willing to give Gilmore top 5 CB monet, thats good enough for me.

BB traded Chandler Jones to the Cards for a 2nd rd pick and still won the SB. Now Jones signs a monster contract with the Cards that BB wasn't going to do. We would have kept him and let him go like we did with Gilmore. Yea, BB is good.

BB traded Chandler Jones to the Cards for a 2nd rd pick and still won the SB. Now Jones signs a monster contract with the Cards that BB wasn't going to do. We would have kept him and let him go like we did with Gilmore. Yea, BB is good.

Don't forget about Jamie Collins too.

What sucks is the fact they dominate and always have cap space to sign anyone who wants to get their ring...

The Patriots NEVER SPEND BIG however, and they just did it on Gilmore. For everyone who has been complaining about Gilmore for the last however many years needs to just take a seat for 5 min.

no. I was not but fully believe we should have. This guy is not going to be able to replace. And I'm going to be serving crow next year to anyone who is dumb enough to lament over us not keeping him. The guy will make the pro bowl in a competent defensive scheme.

1000 when he takes a stupid chance, or being out of position. On the Hogan play, he seemed to not even know his assignment. I think he is incredibly physically gifted, I don't think he has the killer cornerback instinct. Edited by JaxBills

Looks like we have a lot of new Patriots fans around here this morning...

I know this is all based on them having the GOAT (Brady), but I do envy the way they run their franchise. There, I said it.

Its infuriating! Really kinda makes me wanna punch Whaley in the head.