Gilmore to be...a patriot

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed on Cooks but they have to give up a really good player for him. Marshall wouldve just been $$$

Marshall, butler, gilmore >> than Cooks, Gilmore

I dunno. Marshall is a little bit like TO - so, so many drops. He's obviously really talented, but he's also old. He's not going to get any faster. Cooks has speed, and since the Pats prioritize route running, he may well be better than Marshall at that. (NO's offense is relatively complex.) I simply don't know.

Just remember...many fans blamed the defense for last season.

We currently have no secondary and maybe two linebackers.

This team is in big trouble next season.

it was a big part of the defense last season. anyone that did not see it is in denial. as for replacing gilmore, this draft is heavy in defensive players and they still have fa. to cry fail at this early juncture is just that, crying.

I'm sure his replacement could be found on this list.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017CB.php

Butler is at least equal to him in coverage, imo. Butler blankets his guy just like Gilmore does - but doesn't have the lapses Gilmore does.

It's pretty close actually.

Butler allowed an opposing passer rating of 65.0, allowed 4 TDs against, and had 4 INTs.

Gilmore allowed an opposing passer rating of 67.7, allowed 2 TDs against, and had 5 INTs

We just disagree. Butler plays a lot of zone as far as I can see. He's a good player, but he has limitations and I've seen him beaten like a drum before (Antonio Brown ate him alive in 2015). Again, he's a good player.

I suppose it's hairsplitting. They're both excellent CB's.

I have to admit to a little bit of surprise on this. I have always been more of a "Gilmore defender," but he really doesn't seem like BB's kind of player. Of course, when he starts playing for him, it may be a different story.

I dunno. Marshall is a little bit like TO - so, so many drops. He's obviously really talented, but he's also old. He's not going to get any faster. Cooks has speed, and since the Pats prioritize route running, he may well be better than Marshall at that. (NO's offense is relatively complex.) I simply don't know.

Fair enough. But again though, we're really not competing with the Pats. We're competing with the KC, Titans, Ravens of the world for the wild card spot. Its just a reality until Brady retires along with BB. Its just a reality. Let them acquire all the FA's out there and go 16-0 for all i care

I understand how it works.

So do you take back what you said or are you still going to complain about something that won't happen? Gilmore more than likely just offset every move we have made so far and more on his own. Still have Z. Brown, Woods, and oh yeah, Goodwin just made 4 mil a year from the niners.

We will be awarded at least 2 compensatory picks.

it was a big part of the defense last season. anyone that did not see it is in denial. as for replacing gilmore, this draft is heavy in defensive players and they still have fa. to cry fail at this early juncture is just that, crying.

I'm sure his replacement could be found on this list.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017CB.php

I'm sure it can be, but as a said previously, using that list to find his replacement means we'll have to bypass another badly needed position. It would be one thing if the money was going to Wagner to solidify RT and Tony Jefferson to solidify safety, but it's going to kickers and fullbacks instead.

Fair enough. But again though, we're really not competing with the Pats. We're competing with the KC, Titans, Ravens of the world for the wild card spot. Its just a reality until Brady retires along with BB. Its just a reality. Let them acquire all the FA's out there and go 16-0 for all i care

Don't you harbor hope at this point for a season-ending-but-not-permanently-debilitating injury for Brady?!? The season hasn't even started yet -- anything can happen!

I'm really at that "shake fists helplessly at the sky" stage with the Patriots.

This really just goes on & on & on. If they find a way to keep Jimmy G., and he's as good as everyone thinks, it will break me. I may spend the rest of my days in the fetal position, singing an endless loop of "Easy Street."

So do you take back what you said or are you still going to complain about something that won't happen? Gilmore more than likely just offset every move we have made so far and more on his own. Still have Z. Brown, Woods, and oh yeah, Goodwin just made 4 mil a year from the niners.

We will be awarded at least 2 compensatory picks.

Not necessarily. It depends on the Bills' own signings too. They cancel each other out.

This is good news for Bills.

Pats just sunk 15 million a yr in cap space for a slightly overdrafted(by just 1 round), above avg cover guy, and poor tackler. Good luck.

I like Gilmore but only at about half of what he will be taking up in cap space now.

Sure.

When you knee jerk react and sign an OK QB that didnt even play 16 games to a big money contract but ignore your highly talented CB that you drafted and has played hard and very well for you of course he is not going to give a discount and is going to protect his body to get out as fast as possible

Yeah, the Bills set a record on Taylor's contract. <_<.

But it's hilarious seeing everyone do a one-eighty on Gilmore. We hate our own players but we love them when they go elsewhere.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Not necessarily. It depends on the Bills' own signings too. They cancel each other out.

They cancel based on # of players NET LOST and AMOUNT SPENT ON SAID PLAYERS. Gilmore alone might cost more than all of our FA acquisitions TOTAL. We are losing about 20 UFA......................................

People do realize that BB is the greatest secondary coach in NFL history, right? That's what he specialized in with the NYG (along with being overall coordinator), and he DB coach/asst head coach for the 1996 Pats SB team under Parcells. I suspect he'll get the best out of Gilmore.

We really can't keep signing guys to max deals though. We're already overpaying for Dareus - which I don't mind terribly, since he's a great player when out there. But to pay Gilmore $14+ is overpaying, and he just hasn't justified that.

We offered him what $12 million, we could have afforded the other $2 million; especially since we will have plenty of cap space next year and even more holes to fill. We aren't the team that can afford to allow our "good" younger players to walk or trade our vets right before they decline. I like what we did with Clements, we let him walk at the right time. We screwed the pooch with Antoine Winfield & Pat Williams. We let a good first round player leave for nothing...