Gilmore to be...a patriot

He watches receivers catch balls,he is afraid of getting hit or hitting,he can't tackle!

I'm glad he's Gon like a Turkey thru the Corn!

This is not intended to be mean...

You live in an alternate reality...form is his problem, not willingness.

The guy has laid out both Gronk and Tyler Eifert in the past. Pay attention to what happens on the field and not a preconceived narrative.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously Bill Belicheck believes Gilmore is a good corner.

But many on a Bills message board...

The Patriots also signed Randy Moss. Who was a quitter and awful before he got to NE those couple of years he floundered in Oakland or wherever it was. Some players are bad, go there, and recover because of Belicheck. Gilmore was awful last year. Period. He's a quitter. He's afraid of physical play. He's a terrible tackler. And his coverage was subpar. That being said, many people in football think he has great skills, and that was an aberration. Belicheck thinks they can get those skills they need out of him. If Gilmore truly thinks he's an elite corner, this is a great move for him. He won't be allowed to pull the crap he pulled while here. He will probably thrive there. Doesn't mean he would have been good here, unless McDermott turns out to be the next Belicheck. Doesn't mean he wasn't awful all over the field last year. He was.

Probably a good signing by the Pats.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Moves like like this. Watkins, keeping schlubs like Eric wood, trading for McCoy, and really just doing all we can to be mediocre makes me care less and less about this stupid team. They make dumb football decisions.

First of all im not going to play what if with Watkins. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Second of all, we spent a first on Gilmore and got half a decade out of him. Move on.

Maybe watkins should focus on actually being on the field.

That's what the Bills do. Draft CB's in the first round and let them walk at the end of their rookie deal, then use another first to fill that hole.

Obviously it's hard for one to argue against this philosophy with all the on-field success the organization is having.

If it's any consolation, the reaction on the Pats board I frequent seems to be pretty "m'eh." They know Gilmore is good, but are kind of shocked by the price tag.

I really don't get people holding fan opinion in higher regard than that of the coaching staff of a championship team.

Edited by 87168

Moves like like this. Watkins, keeping schlubs like Eric wood, trading for McCoy, and really just doing all we can to be mediocre makes me care less and less about this stupid team. They make dumb football decisions.

That's a real mix. For starters, Watkins is great, and Wood is very good. And the trade for McCoy was fantastic.

The Patriots also signed Randy Moss. Who was a quitter and awful before he got to NE those couple of years he floundered in Oakland or wherever it was. Some players are bad, go there, and recover because of Belicheck. Gilmore was awful last year. Period. He's a quitter. He's afraid of physical play. He's a terrible tackler. And his coverage was subpar. That being said, many people in football think he has great skills, and that was an aberration. Belicheck thinks they can get those skills they need out of him. If Gilmore truly thinks he's an elite corner, this is a great move for him. He won't be allowed to pull the crap he pulled while here. He will probably thrive there. Doesn't mean he would have been good here, unless McDermott turns out to be the next Belicheck. Doesn't mean he wasn't awful all over the field last year. He was.

Probably a good signing by the Pats.

Pretty much everything you've said here is wrong, and the stats that completely contradict these assertions have been posted in this very thread.

But alas, Emotion > Facts

I really don't get people holding fan opinion in higher regard that of the coaching staff of a championship team.

Well, I don't hold it in higher regard, and I also don't question BB. He has earned the benefit of the doubt and then some.

But he is overpaying a bit this time. He can afford to, but their cap space just got a bit smaller.

Well, I don't hold it in higher regard, and I also don't question BB. He has earned the benefit of the doubt and then some.

But he is overpaying a bit this time. He can afford to, but their cap space just got a bit smaller.

Isn't it the case that the Pats HAVE to fill up space to meet the league minimum? IIRC, they went into FA with $60 million in cap space.

Yikes, Pats beat writer

Ben Volin‏Verified account @BenVolin

Hopefully Gilmore gives the Patriots better effort than he did on this 53-yard TD he allowed to Chris Hogan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R317Rdhw2Gg …

I haven't gone over the responses to this, but I am guessing that there are 20 or so excuses for that play.

Gilmore is a talented player who put forth a lackluster effort last season. Will he play better in NE? Probably. Hogan did.

In any case it's clear (imo) that he didn't want to be here. His situation reminds me a bit of the circumstances under which we lost Clements, who I actually preferred over Gilmore.

I wish him luck but let's just say it won't take me that long to get over his departure.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Doesn't bother me one bit. I know there are those who think he's great because of stats, and now BB signed him. I just say he didn't pass the eye test to me for most of his career. Plenty of talent that never fully realized it. Belichik is NOT always right either! Nor are some of you .

Edited by horned dogs

That's a real mix. For starters, Watkins is great, and Wood is very good. And the trade for McCoy was fantastic.

wood is overrated and would be better off traded for cap space now that we are rebuilding.

Watkins without a qb is above average. He's not great. He won't ever be "great" until we get a qb and a compliment to him at wr. But boy, I can't wait for listenbee and ... unmm... who do we have at wr?

This isn't all Whaley. I won't blame him fully yet. But we truly suck. And will win 7 games next year

Yup. It's frustrating to see so many ill-informed, emotional takes.

I need to get better about ignoring them...I have a very real issue with needing to establish accuracy as part of some ill-conceived idea that--once accuracy and facts are established--an intelligent discussion can occur.