Gilmore to be...a patriot

Again, im not saying Gilmore is a bad player. Hes a good player. We got half a decade out of him with very little success. We got his best years.

Is Gimore as good as Patrick Peterson or Richard Sherman? No. But the pats are paying him as if he is. Bc they have Brady and can afford to cut corners throughout the roster. We cant.

I guess we should let Watkins leave at the end of his deal, right? This team has had very little success with him.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C6fKJK6WcAIDFQ1.jpg

Same people who have Rodgers a poor rating after a 5 TD 1 int game.

Also, same people who didn't have LeSean in their top 101 players. They ranked at LEAST 101 players better than Shady. Losing credibility imo.

Edited by Elite Poster

They cancel based on # of players NET LOST and AMOUNT SPENT ON SAID PLAYERS. Gilmore alone might cost more than all of our FA acquisitions TOTAL. We are losing about 20 UFA......................................

Again, not necessarily. We don't know who the Bills will sign as of yet. I know the rule, but FA just started. I suspect you're probably right in that we'll get a pick or so, but we have very few draft picks and a lot of open spaces. They need to sign FAs, and they need some good ones.

This is ridiculous. This guy is all about himself. I hope they start losing and then he goes into flip-out mode.

He is a guy that clearly did not want to be here. So good riddance. I don't care how good he was "at times." He didn't bring 100% here. Good bye.

What really angered me was the Colts basically giving the Pats** Dwayne Allen.

People do realize that BB is the greatest secondary coach in NFL history, right? That's what he specialized in with the NYG (along with being overall coordinator), and he DB coach/asst head coach for the 1996 Pats SB team under Parcells. I suspect he'll get the best out of Gilmore.

It hurts their narrative...

Again, not necessarily. We don't know who the Bills will sign as of yet. I know the rule, but FA just started. I suspect you're probably right in that we'll get a pick or so, but we have very few draft picks and a lot of open spaces. They need to sign FAs, and they need some good ones.

If we had more cap space I'd agree with you, but even if we wanted to match what's going out, it probably isn't realistic.

We offered him what $12 million, we could have afforded the other $2 million; especially since we will have plenty of cap space next year and even more holes to fill. We aren't the team that can afford to allow our "good" younger players to walk or trade our vets right before they decline. I like what we did with Clements, we let him walk at the right time. We screwed the pooch with Antoine Winfield & Pat Williams. We let a good first round player leave for nothing...

I don't know - the Pats are paying a top 20 corner the 2nd highest CB salary ever (or so it appears). It's very un-BB like.

I'd rather we save some $ to try to keep someone like Watkins, who is a genuine top 5 kind of talent, imo.

This is good news for Bills.

Pats just sunk 15 million a yr in cap space for a slightly overdrafted(by just 1 round), above avg cover guy, and poor tackler. Good luck.

I like Gilmore but only at about half of what he will be taking up in cap space now.

Yep. If true, Pats** made a very un-Pats** like move by overpaying for a guy.

I'm really at that "shake fists helplessly at the sky" stage with the Patriots.

This really just goes on & on & on. If they find a way to keep Jimmy G., and he's as good as everyone thinks, it will break me. I may spend the rest of my days in the fetal position, singing an endless loop of "Easy Street."

Yeah I would say I'm full scale Keanu from Point Break.

Karma (or odds) just have to come around on these guys at some point. Post-Brady/Belly, I hope they 0-16 for a decade or so. Or at least win 6-8 games every year and wallow in mediocrity for a score of years.

I'm sure it can be, but as a said previously, using that list to find his replacement means we'll have to bypass another badly needed position. It would be one thing if the money was going to Wagner to solidify RT and Tony Jefferson to solidify safety, but it's going to kickers and fullbacks instead.

it's just too early to jump to conclusions. but it goes with the territory, a lot want to freak out about it in march. come september after the draft and fa has concluded then everyone will have a much clearer picture.

give it time

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

This is ridiculous. This guy is all about himself. I hope they start losing and then he goes into flip-out mode.

He is a guy that clearly did not want to be here. So good riddance. I don't care how good he was "at times." He didn't bring 100% here. Good bye.

What really angered me was the Colts basically giving the Pats** Dwayne Allen.

Good grief--he was looking for $14M/year, and he got it. He would've stayed here for that money too...there's no need to make it more than it was.

I was already resigned to the fact that this guy was a "me-first" player and would squeeze very penny he could and play for anyone. Kind of feels like a secondary kick to the nuts to have him sign in division to a team that constantly cleans our clock. Kind of like your ex leaving you to date the guy who takes your lunch money.

I don't know - the Pats are paying a top 20 corner the 2nd highest CB salary ever (or so it appears). It's very un-BB like.

I'd rather we save some $ to try to keep someone like Watkins, who is a genuine top 5 kind of talent, imo.

They did the same with Revis. It worked out well for them. Revis was great in 2014.

A little bit of variation in the numbers I had for both, but close enough for tea in China

I know the Gilmore numbers you quoted came from me (via BillsWire). Since we only get the initial report and they don't use All-22 to get that out, could be an slight difference in the numbers. I know they've changed stats after the fact with All-22 helping to ID coverages/fault.