Gilmore to be...a patriot

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya brother! Thank you.

As I said, I don't think he wanted to be here. Neither did Clements and he didn't play so well after he left as I recall.

I think Nate had one pretty good season for SF and a decent one for Cincy after that, but he wasn't worth the contract he got. Winfield was.

It finished him. He did play one good game after that but it's like dropping your iPhone in water and having it work for a few hours.

He became so gun shy that he earned the nickname Trentative.

The guy never threw over 300 yds in a game. And I'm pretty sure that goes back to college. He was never good.

I can't do that, I have a job. I've already go sucked into this debate and have to stop. I believe the cherry picking was already posted here via video. Again, everyone from pee wee to pro has a highlight video. There are many instances where Gilmore has been called out, on film, and accused of lackluster effort. Where there's smoke, there's fire. It's well documented. He was awful last year, and nothing that I've seen elite out of him. Hell, he hasn't looked good since The Pettine and Scwhartz heat on the QB style defenses have been long gone for us. Too many people see it for it not to be true.

That being said.......if there's one place......that he could have gone........that will help him thrive, he picked it. NE. Anywhere else, and you'd probably never hear his name again. He's obviously not stupid, he's in a good spot now, and he can't play like the turd teammate he's been the last few years on the field. If he was elite, he would have been a leader, not a blamer and quitter.

You can't even name a handful of plays out of the 50 you referred to, but you have time to take from your job to post in this thread?

It's just easier to say that you aren't interested in backing up your opinion--and it's more honest.

I can't do that, I have a job. I've already go sucked into this debate and have to stop. I believe the cherry picking was already posted here via video. Again, everyone from pee wee to pro has a highlight video. There are many instances where Gilmore has been called out, on film, and accused of lackluster effort. Where there's smoke, there's fire. It's well documented. He was awful last year, and nothing that I've seen elite out of him. Hell, he hasn't looked good since The Pettine and Scwhartz heat on the QB style defenses have been long gone for us. Too many people see it for it not to be true.

That being said.......if there's one place......that he could have gone........that will help him thrive, he picked it. NE. Anywhere else, and you'd probably never hear his name again. He's obviously not stupid, he's in a good spot now, and he can't play like the turd teammate he's been the last few years on the field. If he was elite, he would have been a leader, not a blamer and quitter.

He will play up to his ability, He gets paid and he gets a good chance for a ring.

Wish him well.

i have moved on

I think Nate had one pretty good season for SF and a decent one for Cincy after that, but he wasn't worth the contract he got. Winfield was.

Yeah, the 49ers gave him 70 million or so as I recall. I liked Nate because he was a great athlete and a hard worker. He was also a very good return man.

Btw, the new posters should note that ours is what arguments look like on TBD! :)

Yeah, the 49ers gave him 70 million or so as I recall. I liked Nate because he was a great athlete and a hard worker. He was also a very good return man.

Btw, the new posters should note that ours is what arguments look like on TBD! :)

It was $80/8, but in reality it was $64/7.

His final 9 games as a Bill were unbelievable, but he didn't follow up very well in SF

Butler will cover Sammy, because Gilmore isn't that good. I have always been a Gilmore fan. But I've always felt he thought he was better than he was. He seems like he can be top 5 at any time, but his focus on the field just isn't always there. Granted he will make some good plays for you, but he is not going to force any turnovers. He always had an amazing ability to give up a horrible big play at a terrible time.

It would have been nice to keep him, but not for what he was asking. It's also nice to know that there's a corner on the Patriots we know we can take advantage of.

The issue here is what you refer to. With a coach that demands focus and attention to detail on every play, providing Gilmore buys in, he's going to be a top 5 CB....on a defense that already had a damn good CB in Butler. Having two shutdown CBs is going to make things so much easier on Belichick.

We were trying to make the playoffs last year and Gilmore's Rex and Rob's defense averaged giving up 33 points a game in 5 games vs the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats. 33 points per game against. Let that sink in, and then move on.

Thought I would fix that for you.

I think it was a mistake not franchising Gilmore and getting another dangled carrot season out of him.

But giving him a long term deal at $14M+ is a bad decision by the Patriots.

He IS a coward for contact......yeah he can hit a prone receiver once in a while but he is a terrible tackler and has had multiple shoulder and concussion issues because of that fact.....despite being generally unwilling physically.

My guess is that he will finish more seasons than not on IR or inactive the rest of his career......which he was prone to in Buffalo too.

Maybe the Patriots are right but I'm generally a talent horder and I will not miss him at $14M+.

I actually like the idea of being more physical and using TE's more against a team like the Pats if Gilmore is playing......he is terrified of tackling TE's......unlike the typically feisty NE corners.

Sammy will eat Gilmore alive. Can't wait

Can't wait to see Gilmore try to cover 4 FBs coming out of the backfield