Who the Bills will pick at 10

What position do the bills select with their 1st round pick?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. What position do the bills select with their 1st round pick?

2. 2. Offense or defense in 1st

What about whaley says Watson is the pick? If anything Kizer would be more of the mold whaley looks for.

I highly doubt at this point whaley really even makes that call.

If whaley was running the show, better believe Tyrod isn't brought back. Granted the restructure absolutely lends it self to taking a QB, McDermott wanted Tyrod back for a chance to win now.

Therefore, I can't see using a top ten pick on a player who may not even contribute for two years being a play for McDermott in that win now mode.

Maybe all of the dragging of the feet on the Tyrod decision were in fact negotiations within the franchise. Perhaps Whaley gave in to McDermott's request to get Tyrod back, and McDermott gave in to Whaley and said he wouldn't pout if Whaley picks a QB at #10.

As for "two years", it can be seen as a good thing for a rookie QB to ease into the league and not have to start right away. If they do go QB at #10, that guy will be the starter in 2018 and Taylor will either be the backup or traded.

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been more convinced we'll be picking Corey Davis @ 10. This is the right pick.

I agree with you.

I would really like to see the Bills trade down and grab more picks. But if Davis falls to us, I don't think we can pass on him.

Let's not forget McKelvin and Whitner. Did THEY result in playoff wins?

And John, this losing philosophy goes back decades. When Kelly, Bruce, Thurman, and Andre were still good but growing older, the Bills were not drafting bpas to step in. They were drafting first round defensive backs.

For a while it looked like the common denominator was Levy, but it continued after he left. That said, Levy/Jauron took quite the toll on this club. We really have still not recovered.

I suspect that I think more of Tyrod than you do. Still, imo the Bills should trade down AND grab a qb. If thy really like one in particular I hope they stand pat and grab him. If they are sold on TT, how about a blocker, pass rusher or wide receiver?

Jmo.

The Bills have suffered from shortsightedness since, well, ever. If you take a player with your 1st or 2nd round pick that you wouldn't be willing to pay if they play at a /top 10-12 level, then you shouldn't pick them. Pick the guys you're willing to pay if they work out.

I agree, I think they go WR Zay Jones or Chris Godwin in round 2.

I think there's a decent chance Lattimore is gone before 10; Adams and Hooker as well.

If that happens, I suspect they go WR or Howard at 10.

Personally, I would try to trade back and pick up an extra second.

I would take Watson or Mahomes, then WR and best db or wlb in the second.

Edited by Dr. Who

Let's not forget McKelvin and Whitner. Did THEY result in playoff wins?

And John, this losing philosophy goes back decades. When Kelly, Bruce, Thurman, and Andre were still good but growing older, the Bills were not drafting bpas to step in. They were drafting first round defensive backs.

For a while it looked like the common denominator was Levy, but it continued after he left. That said, Levy/Jauron took quite the toll on this club. We really have still not recovered.

I suspect that I think more of Tyrod than you do. Still, imo the Bills should trade down AND grab a qb. If thy really like one in particular I hope they stand pat and grab him. If they are sold on TT, how about a blocker, pass rusher or wide receiver?]/b]

Jmo.

Gotham Bill, Your suspicions about my estimation off TT are wrong. I'm not down on him, far from it. I'm glad he is staying. When discussing TT you have to view him in the realm of what are your goals? He's the type of qb who will allow your team to be respectable. What he is not going to do is elevate your team and make it a contending team. I challenge you to watch good qbs play and the type of offenses they run. Our passing offense in comparison is primitive because of his limitations. Being the best rushing offense is a stat that translates into being at best an 8-8 caliber team in the modern NFL.

TT is the perfect bridge qb. When you have that caliber of qb that is the most propitious time to get a more upside qb prospect on board because you have the time to develop him.

For a long time this organization has acted as if it is oblivious to the imperative of having a legitimate franchise qb. Every year their stunted approach to building a roster results in the same outcome. Other teams such as Oakland get their qb and pass us by. We stubbornly cling to the outdated approach to the game with the same results. This timidity to seriously address the qb position is simply stupid. Enough is enough.

Gotham Bill, Your suspicions about my estimation off TT are wrong. I'm not down on him, far from it. I'm glad he is staying. When discussing TT you have to view him in the realm of what are your goals? He's the type of qb who will allow your team to be respectable. What he is not going to do is elevate your team and make it a contending team. I challenge you to watch good qbs play and the type of offenses they run. Our passing offense in comparison is primitive because of his limitations. Being the best rushing offense is a stat that translates into being at best an 8-8 caliber team in the modern NFL.

TT is the perfect bridge qb. When you have that caliber of qb that is the most propitious time to get a more upside qb prospect on board because you have the time to develop him.

For a long time this organization has acted as if it is oblivious to the imperative of having a legitimate franchise qb. Every year their stunted approach to building a roster results in the same outcome. Other teams such as Oakland get their qb and pass us by. We stubbornly cling to the outdated approach to the game with the same results. This timidity to seriously address the qb position is simply stupid. Enough is enough.

This is right on target. I hope OBD gets it.

But they probably don't.

Edited by Dr. Who

What about whaley says Watson is the pick? If anything Kizer would be more of the mold whaley looks for.

I highly doubt at this point whaley really even makes that call.

You may be right about Tyrod, but I would hope Whaley understands that Taylor is the best option for this franchise in the immediate future.

Watson isn't 6'4". That's the only thing he's missing that screams "Whaley!"

Watson is a pass first, mobile QB from a big program, that is at his absolute best when on the big stage, and was as successful as one could hope for in his collegiate career.

Deshaun is everything Doug hoped EJ would/could be.

Edited by Chicken Boo

I agree with you but not completely.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I think that a healthy TT, some offensive help (perhaps OL, WR, or TE) and good coaching could get this team into the playoffs. That said, I would still make a qb the 1 priority. You can't go wrong with qb depth.

Now, will these things happen? History says no but again, there is hope this time of year.

I agree with you but not completely.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I think that a healthy TT, some offensive help (perhaps OL, WR, or TE) and good coaching could get this team into the playoffs. That said, I would still make a qb the 1 priority. You can't go wrong with qb depth.

Now, will these things happen? History says no but again, there is hope this time of year.

Big Apple Bill, The Bills are not going to use a high pick for a qb. I'm so confident that I would bet your life on that and sleep comfortably with that bet. :D It's what we do. I have a different twist on the qb position. Instead of adding playmakers to help the qb how about adding the caliber of qb who can properly utilize the talents of the skill players.

My ambitions are a little higher than most Bills' fans who have a low standard. I'm not satisfied at simply squeaking into a wild-card spot with no chance to go further. Go back and review most of the teams who have a chance of not necessarily winning a SB but being a legitimate SB contender. Almost all have the qb position secured.

If you think that TT is the answer then ask yourself why Whaley wasn't so enamored with him, and required him to adjust his contract to remain with the team? Even the new HC who wanted to keep him didn't describe him in glowing terms. TT is a bridge qb---that's what he is. He is better than what we have had in a long time. But that isn't saying much and it isn't much of a compliment either.

The Bills desperately need help at WR. They also need a lot more talent at CB, S, LB and RT.

With Sammy nearing the end of his deal, the Bills would be wise to lock up a WR in the 1st round and then use the remainder of the draft to address the defense.

Corey Davis or Mike Williams seem like logical selections given our complete lack of talent at WR.

As it stands now seems you need Db or WR... possibly TE if the value is way better. CB's are more involved in the game than a WR & WR can be had later.

CB is arguably the deepest position in the whole draft.

We can get a really good on in the 2nd round.

Edited by jrober38

It's pretty clear McDermott has a ton of stroke around OBD. Whaley appears to be losing power. It's going to be defense... My pick is CB. I kind of would like Jarbril Peppers though

If Sammy Watkins gets hurt (again), who are we throwing the ball to?

It's pretty clear McDermott has a ton of stroke around OBD. Whaley appears to be losing power. It's going to be defense... My pick is CB. I kind of would like Jarbril Peppers though

If the Bills select a CB @10, this means he's starting from day one. I don't see Deion Sanders in this draft. Bills need "impact" player at 10.

Peppers is not good at football. He's a good athlete but has no position and never turns the ball over.

Why get a WR Tyrod can't do anything with what we have, adding one from the first will just have him and Sammy sitting wide open with their hands up in the air. What a waste. 6 wins at best, bank it.

I really have to think we can get a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball at this pick. My heart says we really need a WR and we should go for Davis or Williams, but as someone on here also pointed out, neither of them will really make a huge difference in the outcome of the game due to the fact that we don't throw the ball so much. Maybe Howard would be more useful, but at 10 I just think that is too early.

So, in the end, someone like Hooker or Adams would more likely make a bigger difference in the end result of the game and at least changing the makeup of our defense into the future. I really like the Hyde singing, now let's match him up with another great DB. We have to think about defending Patricia and the gang over there...

I hope I'm incorrect because what a sorry season it will be sitting in those stands but sadly yes that's what I'm calling before the draft.

would be useless to make any real prediction before the roster is set but you are basing it on the QB so as little to no faith, as you have made pretty clear you have in him, then I don't expect too much change in wins/losses from you.

without seeing it myself, I still see more than 6 wins. they wont be worse than last season and may surprise a lot of fans, including myself in the upcoming season. that's just me though, I don't see the doom and gloom and try to remain cautiously optimistic.

Why get a WR Tyrod can't do anything with what we have, adding one from the first will just have him and Sammy sitting wide open with their hands up in the air. What a waste. 6 wins at best, bank it.

Because you can't get everything at once. TT is starting for now, still have to build your roster. Take a QB somewhere in this draft. Maybe even with your first in 2018. This team is lacking playmakers at WR , and even though Tyrod doesn't see a lot of things out there the passing game will still be improved with better WRs. Then the post - Tyrod QB won't be throwing to rookies.

I really have to think we can get a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball at this pick. My heart says we really need a WR and we should go for Davis or Williams, but as someone on here also pointed out, neither of them will really make a huge difference in the outcome of the game due to the fact that we don't throw the ball so much. Maybe Howard would be more useful, but at 10 I just think that is too early.

So, in the end, someone like Hooker or Adams would more likely make a bigger difference in the end result of the game and at least changing the makeup of our defense into the future. I really like the Hyde singing, now let's match him up with another great DB. We have to think about defending Patricia and the gang over there...

Who's Patricia?