Say a prayer for Danny, my son....

Nervous Guy

Sorry for your loss.

That is awesome to come in new and immediately address this tragic loss. It's an issue much deeper in our society than most people realize. Through Danny we can help others.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This past Friday afternoon, my son Danny lost a long battle with addiction. My heart has a gigantic hole in it that is only getting bigger as the hours go by. Danny was (as some of you that met him) a kind, funny and gregarious boy...he never lost those qualities. He tried to beat his demons over the past 6 years, and was temporarily successful for months at a time...once over a year! He never wanted that life and hated it, he never gave up...My family and I never gave up on him...we loved him so much. Friday I got the call that no parent ever wants to get. He will be coming home for the last time later this week. Not the homecoming We ever wanted.

He was a life long rabid Bills fan. Proud to be a Bills fan. Wore his Bills colors in the heart of Dolphin territory...we texted each other all game long, shared the victories and the defeats...planned to come this this years tailgate. Now that's all gone.

My plea to you is to have compassion for people in his position, they don't want to be there...they hate it, are ashamed of it...and sometimes just can't escape it. I miss my son and best buddy...I'd gladly change places with him, he was so young so much to live for. Please say a prayer for Danny to finally be at peace.

I too lost my youngest daughter to addiction (herion) DeAnna graduated from High School one year early doing a two plus two at our community college and sometime in their got hooked. Found her OD'ed three times last time did her in. Happened on October 1st 2016. I still call her name every morning getting ready for work. She only made it 71/2 months past her 21st Birthday. Yes I will pray for you and your family. The firsts are difficult, 1st Thanksgiving, Christmas, just celebrated her birthday February 16th with her mom and our only other daughter. Have felt better after that. The anticipation of the day was worse than the occasion itself. We belong to the club no parent ever wants to be in. The sense of loss, the void is very difficult. I pray that God heals your heart and mind as you look to him.

My deepest sympathy,

Dave

Very sorry for your loss NG. No parent should ever have to say goodbye to a child. Know that we as a Bills community will always be here for you. Know that Danny and your entire family are in our prayers. Know that you and Danny will someday be reunited in a place free of pain and filled with joy and wonder. May God watch over your son always.

I too lost my youngest daughter to addiction (herion) DeAnna graduated from High School one year early doing a two plus two at our community college and sometime in their got hooked. Found her OD'ed three times last time did her in. Happened on October 1st 2016. I still call her name every morning getting ready for work. She only made it 71/2 months past her 21st Birthday. Yes I will pray for you and your family. The firsts are difficult, 1st Thanksgiving, Christmas, just celebrated her birthday February 16th with her mom and our only other daughter. Have felt better after that. The anticipation of the day was worse than the occasion itself. We belong to the club no parent ever wants to be in. The sense of loss, the void is very difficult. I pray that God heals your heart and mind as you look to him.

My deepest sympathy,

Dave

❤️❤️❤️

This past Friday afternoon, my son Danny lost a long battle with addiction. My heart has a gigantic hole in it that is only getting bigger as the hours go by. Danny was (as some of you that met him) a kind, funny and gregarious boy...he never lost those qualities. He tried to beat his demons over the past 6 years, and was temporarily successful for months at a time...once over a year! He never wanted that life and hated it, he never gave up...My family and I never gave up on him...we loved him so much. Friday I got the call that no parent ever wants to get. He will be coming home for the last time later this week. Not the homecoming We ever wanted.

He was a life long rabid Bills fan. Proud to be a Bills fan. Wore his Bills colors in the heart of Dolphin territory...we texted each other all game long, shared the victories and the defeats...planned to come this this years tailgate. Now that's all gone.

My plea to you is to have compassion for people in his position, they don't want to be there...they hate it, are ashamed of it...and sometimes just can't escape it. I miss my son and best buddy...I'd gladly change places with him, he was so young so much to live for. Please say a prayer for Danny to finally be at peace.

attachicon.gifIMG_6079.JPG

God bless you and your family

And especially your son. I'm sure he is at peace with our Lord

Aw hell, I am so sorry Mark. Your love for that boy has always been clear to all of us.

I can only hope that for every tear you've shed that you are ultimately rewarded with a thousand smiles borne of great memories.

Much love from Western Pennsyltucky, brother..........

Aw hell, I am so sorry Mark. Your love for that boy has always been clear to all of us.

I can only hope that for every tear you've shed that you are ultimately rewarded with a thousand smiles borne of great memories.

Much love from Western Pennsyltucky, brother..........

Well done, Simon! Being able to articulate anything beyond some greeting card hyperbole is beyond human art form. I applaud the way you phrased that in this time of grief. I lost a wife years ago to cancer and I still don't know what to say to anyone who has suffered this type of loss.

I passed over this thread many times and finally decided to read it this morning. Now I sit at my computer, when I should be getting to work with tears in my eyes. I didn't know you or your son, but have had enough loss in my life to know what you are going through. I've also seen enough people, friends & family battle addiction to partially understand what you & your son went through. Losing loved ones in my family at a young age I can tell you the pain or loss never fully goes away. Time may dull the pain, but you will always be reminded of it. But maybe thats the way its supposed to be, maybe thats how we keep their memories alive and with us. Take care, I hope you find peace with this sooner than later....

Jim

I passed over this thread many times and finally decided to read it this morning. Now I sit at my computer, when I should be getting to work with tears in my eyes. I didn't know you or your son, but have had enough loss in my life to know what you are going through. I've also seen enough people, friends & family battle addiction to partially understand what you & your son went through. Losing loved ones in my family at a young age I can tell you the pain or loss never fully goes away. Time may dull the pain, but you will always be reminded of it. But maybe thats the way its supposed to be, maybe thats how we keep their memories alive and with us. Take care, I hope you find peace with this sooner than later....

Jim

Beautifully said. My reaction was quite similar to yours. I just wanted the op to know that they are in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry for your loss. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Lost my brother in his mid 30s to that horrible disease despite

multiple attempts, never could shake his demons and finally other diseases took his life. I will add your son to my prayer list. Hang in there yourself and dont isolate.

Edited by North Buffalo

attachicon.gifIMG_6079.JPG

Hey there man. I'm new to this board and all and of course I don't know you, but that does not matter at all. Really hate when things like this happen and I will say a prayer for Danny. I know a couple of ppl I am close with that has/is going through this same thing. I have a 9yr ol son and 7 yr old daughter I could not imagine losing either of them. Just thinking about it is hard. I hope you and your family get through this very, very tough time.

I think it's time for me to let this thread go...you all have been so kind and thoughtful and your outpouring of condolences, thoughts and prayers has truly helped me through the last month or so. My family and I are doing okay, rebuilding and adjusting to the "new normal"...Thanks for everything! You guys and gals are truly awesome!!!

NG