Will Marrone Stiff Jags Like He Did Bills, 'Cuse??

Hmmm . . . his first answer was that he's around people he loves being around. So . . . take that Pegulas, Whaley, Brandon? Is that what he's saying?

And second answer was no such contract clause in Jax. So it was about the money? And now it isn't?

Edited by Ennjay

he legally "opted out" of his bills contract in order to secure a longer, richer, better one.....he miscalculated.

players in the NBA do this all the time.

he paid his dues as a coordinator and gets another shot as HC

what a great country....

Marrone doesn't make me mad, honestly.

He had issues with the way the front office runs (hardly sounds unique) and took the option to leave after a 9-7 season rather than get fired the following December.

In the end, a coach most here didn't like decided to leave. Isn't that good, then?

He also didn't "stiff" Syracuse. Guys leave for the NFL all the time. It's a career promotion unless you're at Alabama or somewhere like that. Even then it's still a step up in the football world in my book.

Edited by TheFunPolice

The question is how much does Coughlin still miss being a coach. He could makes things uneasy for St. Doug and try to force him out over time, then take over on an interim basis. Remember Marv thought he could still coach the team after Meathead quit.

The look on Khans face is the same as always is: Dumbfounded with no football knowledge.

By the way...Marrone, best coach BIlls have had in playoff drought

Yep.

At least fans remain #1 in their ability to act like petty jilted lovers. I think I dated some of ya'll in high school.

ROTFLMAO! Brian Chojnacki, eh? Sounds like a good Buffalo Polish name. I bet he'll get a front row seat at the the Wednesday HC coach pressers.

Maybe a trip to an aircraft charter break room will be in his cards.

The question is how much does Coughlin still miss being a coach. He could makes things uneasy for St. Doug and try to force him out over time, then take over on an interim basis. Remember Marv thought he could still coach the team after Meathead quit.

I seem to recall that Coughlin was like a mentor to Marrone. They would get together every year to talk about about football, life, whatever.

So, I don't think they would suddenly have any kind of adversarial relationship now.

Marrone doesn't make me mad, honestly.

He had issues with the way the front office runs (hardly sounds unique) and took the option to leave after a 9-7 season rather than get fired the following December.

In the end, a coach most here didn't like decided to leave. Isn't that good, then?

He also didn't "stiff" Syracuse. Guys leave for the NFL all the time. It's a career promotion unless you're at Alabama or somewhere like that. Even then it's still a step up in the football world in my book.

This ^ It was no different than anyone else leaving a job because the entire operation was a mess that made it an unbearable work environment. Whether or not Marrone is a jerk is beyond the point. Whether or not the Bills organization is completely dysfunctional is also beyond the point. Marrone felt that it was. He made the decision that he though was the best for himself. Now he is once again a head coach in the NFL. This would indicate that he didn't make a terrible decision. He felt that he couldn't work with things as they were in Buffalo so he left.