Do Bills go after Sam Bradford?

Big Turk

He just set the NFL record for highest completion percentage during a season at 71.6% and stayed mostly healthy this past year...

Think he might be a good option if Bills don't bring Tyrod back...at least better than what else is out there...

I think Bradford as a true 1 year rental is a better option (than Tyrod's deal as currently structured) especially if you can wait until after the start of the league year in March by when the Vikings will be on the hook for his roster bonus because then he would be a 1 year $13m contract.

Edited by GunnerBill

He just set the NFL record for highest completion percentage during a season at 71.6% and stayed mostly healthy this past year...

Think he might be a good option if Bills don't bring Tyrod back...at least better than what else is out there...

Yes!!!

Rather take a shot with Foles

I could see him in MIN for a while with Teddy Bridgewater possibly not being ready to begin the 2017 season.

I think this is a good point.

Having given a 2017 1st and a 2018 pick for Bradford, it would be foolish for the Vikings to send him packing without surety that Bridgewater will be 1) cleared to play in 2017 2) able to play at his former level

This would be especially true if the Vikes decide to part ways with the about - to - be 32 year old Adrian Peterson and his $18M cap hit. They would have need of a QB who can throw, and they would be able to afford Bradford. They might also consider renegotiating his contract so that they can more easily trade him when there's the inevitable late preseason/early season catastrophic QB injury.

Anyone even considering this has not watched the Vikings play this season. I'm a secondary Vikes fan and watched all I could when not interfering with Bills.

Night. Day.

I'm serious. Any OL breakdown = auto sack. He's a statue - teams know right where to find him - in the pocket. If you think TT 3 and outs are painful to watch you ain't felt no pain.

Don't get him.

I wont Romo but he could work in the right system

Seemed a pretty inflated percentage but still a pretty solid season for the circumstances. Tv folks today saying he might have won the job in minny

After what I heard about Bridgewaters leg. He probably will never play again

Amen brother !

WOW! what's up with that?

Dislocated knee and torn other stuff. They said there were players crying when they saw it. And the coach was visibly upset at the press conference even before being asked about him

Amen brother !

WOW! what's up with that?

His knee was pretty ripped up. In addition to the kneecap, torn ligaments (ACL).

There's been concern expressed (Schefter, quoting "NFL team doctor") that he might not come back at all, or if he does come back, he wouldn't be the same. Unclear if that's quoting a Doc who actually is treating Bridgewater or just someone guessing based on the general nature of the injury. At best it's the timeline of an ACL recovery - 6 months and then need to start working out to get back to form. It's not a sure bet he'll be back in 2017.

Anyway, the Vikes have said they want to bring Bradford back, and given the severity of Bridgewater's injury, that only seems prudent.

But yeah, to the other guys who posted, he is a classic pocket passer with limited escapability.

Another cast-off journeyman reject? Pass. How about a recap? Doug Flutie, Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, Kelly Holcomb, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kyle Orton, Matt Cassel, Vince Young, Kevin Kolb, and Tyrod Taylor. That's 10 guys that I can think of off the top of my head since 2000. Can we just stop already? I want to see this team draft QB every year until they find a franchise guy. Put all the guys in order in that list and add Sam Bradford and I still don't care. A chunk is a chunk is a chunk.

Another cast-off journeyman reject? Pass. How about a recap? Doug Flutie, Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, Kelly Holcomb, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kyle Orton, Matt Cassel, Vince Young, Kevin Kolb, and Tyrod Taylor. That's 10 guys that I can think of off the top of my head since 2000. Can we just stop already? I want to see this team draft QB every year until they find a franchise guy. Put all the guys in order in that list and add Sam Bradford and I still don't care. A chunk is a chunk is a chunk.

Yes, we can waste picks on duds like they are lottery scratch tickets, while the rest of the team falls apart.

All this QB shopping is interesting....but, the cap causes another big decision....do you pay the QB (TT, Bradford, whoever) or, do you pay gilmore the CB big bucks.....likelly can;t afford both. I would dump the CB and pay a good QB. (TT my choice, but whoever)

Yes, we can waste picks on duds like they are lottery scratch tickets, while the rest of the team falls apart.

You really make my point for me. In the history of the NFL, how many Superbowls have been won by journeyman versus players that are draft picks? I can only think of Peyton Manning last year and Brad Johnson back when Tampa Bay won it. In both cases, it really was the defense that won the games. You may remember more, but the simple reality is that a vast majority of Superbowl winning teams have done so with quarterbacks that they've drafted and NOT picked up in free agency or via trade. The "waste" if you want to characterize it as such is picking up 10 starting QB's in 16 years that are all garbage. Basically, ignoring the most important position on the field.

I could see him in MIN for a while with Teddy Bridgewater possibly not being ready to begin the 2017 season.

Yea how bad is that injury? Dislocated knee cap rite? jesus how does that even happen? With Teddys career in question I would be really surprised if MIN let Bradford go

All this QB shopping is interesting....but, the cap causes another big decision....do you pay the QB (TT, Bradford, whoever) or, do you pay gilmore the CB big bucks.....likelly can;t afford both. I would dump the CB and pay a good QB. (TT my choice, but whoever)

Agree. Ill keep Tyrod. Kid leaves it all on the field and plays with heart. Gilmore plays corner pu$$y scared to make a tackle and get rough in a contact sport. Our run defense was bad and part of that is people that play scared like Gilmore.