Stephon Gilmore

dave mcbride

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd is the best your getting

3rd round is a great pick...

More value on the team IMO. But I get the argument of people not wanting to pay him. Though he is by far the Best CB in the team and a top 10 CB in this league.

Why pay for him when you need a total team and organization rebuild.

3rd round is a great pick...

Why pay for him when you need a total team and organization rebuild.

No I get the argument for letting him go and getting the Pick. But if the team is truly in a full blown rebuild do it full CLE. Sell off Shady and others as well.

He has played the best football of his career over the past four weeks. He is going to make a lot of money provided he stays healthy. The Bills need cbs desperately. Will they try to keep him?

I think they've always wanted to keep him. But not at highest paid CB in the league money. And they are right to take that stance. Gilmore is not worth 15 million a year. Neither is Josh Norman.

He's an excellent cornerback.

Period.

I don't think they'll pay him $14M+ AAV, so he'll walk.

Yeah, I like Gilmore too but on a team that has so many holes I'm not sure they can justify the cost.

He has played the best football of his career over the past four weeks. He is going to make a lot of money provided he stays healthy. The Bills need cbs desperately. Will they try to keep him?

I'll eat crow here. Several weeks ago I posted that NO WAY should they pay him, but he has played very very well for the past 5 or 6 games - and he has had little in the way of pass rush help over those games.

I think that Aaron Williams was a big loss and is likely to retire. I'd take the savings from his retirement and give them to Gilmore.

I think with any respectable DC, both Darby and Gilmore would make a elite CB duo. Fire the coach, keep the good players.

I've been fairly critical of Gilmore during games but it's mostly because of his general demeanor and his lack of ball play chasing down throws over his head. He's actually been pretty alright, I just don't think he deserves top money. He's deifnitely not as bad as people make him out to be, it's just incredibly easy to notice him because he has such a hard time tracking the ball on deep throws.

I'll eat crow here. Several weeks ago I posted that NO WAY should they pay him, but he has played very very well for the past 5 or 6 games - and he has had little in the way of pass rush help over those games.

I think that Aaron Williams was a big loss and is likely to retire. I'd take the savings from his retirement and give them to Gilmore.

I'm not sure it would be savings. There would still be a cap hit of some degree I believe. We also can't forget that if they move on from Tyrod they have to sign a FA QB. How much would that cost? I would like to see Gilmore/Woods/Alexander come back.

He's an excellent cornerback.

Period.

I don't think they'll pay him $14M+ AAV, so he'll walk.

Yikes.

Anyway, then let some other team way overpay him. I doubt this crappy defense would look any different with a CB who was just "pretty good" as opposed to "excellent. Period." Or even "elite".

@RyanTalbotBills

#Bills' Stephon Gilmore responds to Antonio Brown's 'Gilbert' comment following loss http://s.newyorkupstate.com/adQYCBg

He definitely shut Brown up today.

His only significant catch was the 40-yard reception against Darby early.

Yikes.

Anyway, then let some other team way overpay him. I doubt this crappy defense would look any different with a CB who was just "pretty good" as opposed to "excellent. Period." Or even "elite".

Provide some context as to why you believe otherwise.

He was shutdown-caliber against Brown today.