CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

NoSaint

If I even hint about my insider he is done for as my insider. He will never tell me anything again. Watch how the TP and KP disappear real soon from the public eye. Same thing with the GM. Watch how players step up this week. They are terrified about losing their jobs to the new coach... just watch.

Watch how everything will be about the Sabres.... everything. Total misdirection.

This means the the players AND coaching staff know the staff are lame ducks?

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coughlin was not good his last few years with NYG and that was with a franchise QB. How many losing seasons did he post in a row in what had been a bad division? I would not be excited about that hire at all. However, he's viable in the market because Jags were reportedly talking to him

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-expected-to-reach-out-to-tom-coughlin-who-has-mutual-interest/

Coughlin was not good his last few years with NYG and that was with a franchise QB. How many losing seasons did he post in a row in what had been a bad division? I would not be excited about that hire at all. However, he's viable in the market because Jags were reportedly talking to him

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-expected-to-reach-out-to-tom-coughlin-who-has-mutual-interest/

Well if the Jags hire Coughlin back, then maybe we should hire Chan Gailey back. Fitz would have another starting job.

I think he does pretty good against BB in big games though....

That would be a better way to assess it...if you are going to use end of season results, then playoff teams would be a better measure. If you are going to say "teams with winning records" then using the end of the season record is not a fair nor accurate barometer because so many factors come into play that will affect that teams remainder of the season that were not factors at the time they played. Using the term, beat teams with winning records, then the record has to be the record at the time we beat that team to an accurate statement because what ever happens in the future after that game has not happened yet.

I agree, the only flaw is when a team beats a playoff bound team late in the season that is resting starters.

i will give him that.

They have an awful GM and that hurt Coughlin as well as the team; he spent money this year and their D is much better. Eli is interesting while he is good and technically a franchise QB; he leaves a lot to be desired.All in all Coughlin did a good job in turning that team around...

Coughlin is the only guy I can think of who might come to Buffalo who is a "big name."

So I think it's fair to assume our owners aren't in negotiations with a coordinator that currently has a job. If we remove big names that are irrelevant (Gruden, Cowher, etc.) I think you're left with Tom Coughlin, Mike Shanahan, and Lovie Smith.

They have an awful GM and that hurt Coughlin as well as the team; he spent money this year and their D is much better. Eli is interesting while he is good and technically a franchise QB; he leaves a lot to be desired.All in all Coughlin did a good job in turning that team around...

Would also add, that He showed the ability to adapt as time went on. Met with team leaders and tried making it a bit more fun. It worked 2 super bowls.

So I think it's fair to assume our owners aren't in negotiations with a coordinator that currently has a job. If we remove big names that are irrelevant (Gruden, Cowher, etc.) I think you're left with Tom Coughlin, Mike Shanahan, and Lovie Smith.

That is about it. I would toss Harbaugh in the mix - I don't want him though and I don't see any other college guy unless it is Sweeney which makes sense since we draft his team in the first round every year....

Would also add, that He showed the ability to adapt as time went on. Met with team leaders and tried making it a bit more fun. It worked 2 super bowls.

I forgot about that and that was a huge turning point for him....

That is about it. I would toss Harbaugh in the mix - I don't want him though and I don't see any other college guy unless it is Sweeney which makes sense since we draft his team in the first round every year....

I do believe that the Harbaugh in Baltimore's contract is up after this year, but that doesn't fit with having things in place now.

Lovie Smith HATES his current job so I could see him returning to the NFL for any opportunity. Not that I want him here.

My insider finally paid off. Rex will be fired at end of year. New coach has already been cleared and is in final contract negotiations. This guy is dead serious and already assembling his staff. This guy has been off the radar moving super quietly. He is a big name.

I'm not saying your source lacks credibility but the process you are describing makes little sense to me. Assuming that Rex gets fired after the season then why wouldn't the organization open up the hiring search to more candidates? Why target and lock in someone so soon when a more appealing candidate/s might surprisingly become available?

One of the glaring mistakes that was made in the Rex hiring was for the owner (Kim) to act on her first impulse. It seems to me that no matter who the favorite candidates are it would be wise to discuss the pros and cons among a number of football people inside and outside of the organization.

I'm not saying your source lacks credibility but the process you are describing makes little sense to me. Assuming that Rex gets fired after the season then why wouldn't the organization open up the hiring search to more candidates? Why target and lock in someone so soon when a more appealing candidate/s might surprisingly become available?

One of the glaring mistakes that was made in the Rex hiring was for the owner (Kim) to act on her first impulse. It seems to me that no matter who the favorite candidates are it would be wise to discuss the pros and cons among a number of football people inside and outside of the organization.

Maybe it's a good one? The return of doug!!!

It can't be Doug because he buried himself with his own shovel! The only person this curmudgeon outsmarted was himself. He took the buyout and then sabotaged his future in the business.

I would seriously, not kidding, once and for all order my patriots #12 jersey, if Douglas "what's the word I'm looking for" Marrone came back. .

Edited by Billschinatown

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly Dec 11

@pawlikIII I hear nothing of any rumors regarding Rex. I do hear that the opinion of Tyrod has shifted for the negative.

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 11h11 hours ago

@nickellion79 Now hearing most all of One Bills Drive expects Rex to be gone immediately following the season. #BillsMafia

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 11h11 hours ago

@nickellion79 Sweeping changes among coaches not front office. Of course, that's just an assumption by the front office.

My insider finally paid off. Rex will be fired at end of year. New coach has already been cleared and is in final contract negotiations. This guy is dead serious and already assembling his staff. This guy has been off the radar moving super quietly. He is a big name.

Isn't the Rooney Rule still a thing? Unless the mystery coach meets the requirements already.

Isn't the Rooney Rule still a thing? Unless the mystery coach meets the requirements already.

Yes it is. There are a few exceptions to the rule where it is not applied, but those are unlikely in our situation now.

So either we are going to hire a minority and that person is the only person we have approached (that would satisfy the rule) or we have actually interviewed a minority but are looking to hire someone else.

Assuming the rumor is correct of course.

Tom Coughlin, maybe? A SB winning HC, that still wants to coach that will bring discipline and accountability to the team, because the players aren't bystanders in this mess.

Tom Coughlin, maybe? A SB winning HC, that still wants to coach that will bring discipline and accountability to the team, because the players aren't bystanders in this mess.

while I don't think he had the discipline and accountability with the Giants at the end (obj was a train wreck and the team was just bad and penalty prone) he is the "opposite" of Rex and teams usually go for that with a coaching change. Like from marrone to Rex. I think my excitement level with Coughlin would really depend on who his coordinators were. He does seem like a good "fit" at this time with where the organization is.

I would rather keep Rex than go with Shanny. At least Rex is a decent dude. Shanny sucks equally and is a big jerk.

I agree with you on both counts, the sad part is actually like Rex his is fun and if they were winning we'd all be having a blast.