I may never watch a Bills game again.

Dan

The last 2 weeks I've been unable to watch the game. 2 weeks ago I was in STX and without a tv. This past Sunday, I was driving a Uhaul to Chicago. And not only did we win, but we won convincingly.

I'm sorry Bills nation. I've watched every game since I got Sunday Ticket in 2003 (I didn't get it this year because I had zero confidence in Rex's ability to be competent). We've sucked since then. I've gone through every possible permutation of lucky shirt/hat/food/game day ritual possible. Nothing has worked... Till now. Although, I have streamed the WGR broadcast both weeks.. So I'm not completely tuned out.

It brings up an troubling delimma (I just watched the 4 falls of Buffalo), all I want is to watch our Bills in the Superbowl again. For my Mom, my sisters, my family, and all of us to experience that win. But, if they get there with me not watching... How can I watch the game? I can't can I.

I'm just glad the Bills are winning, even if I haven't actually seen it. ...and everyone can rest easy this week. I'll be working in NH and unable to watch this Sunday as well.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 2 weeks I've been unable to watch the game. 2 weeks ago I was in STX and without a tv. This past Sunday, I was driving a Uhaul to Chicago. And not only did we win, but we won convincingly.

I'm sorry Bills nation. I've watched every game since I got Sunday Ticket in 2003 (I didn't get it this year because I had zero confidence in Rex's ability to be competent). We've sucked since then. I've gone through every possible permutation of lucky shirt/hat/food/game day ritual possible. Nothing has worked... Till now. Although, I have streamed the WGR broadcast both weeks.. So I'm not completely tuned out.

It brings up an troubling delimma (I just watched the 4 falls of Buffalo), all I want is to watch our Bills in the Superbowl again. For my Mom, my sisters, my family, and all of us to experience that win. But, if they get there with me not watching... How can I watch the game? I can't can I.

I'm just glad the Bills are winning, even if I haven't actually seen it. ...and everyone can rest easy this week. I'll be working in NH and unable to watch this Sunday as well.

what are going to do when they lose?

Dan - It's not you, it's me. For the first two weeks, I wore my Bills jersey while watching the game and we lost them both. For the last two weeks, I left the jerseys in the closet. My jerseys need to stay in the closet for the sake of the team. It's too bad, because they are the best damn jerseys in the league, but a fans gotta do what a fans gotta do.

FP

Never f*** with a winning streak. Thank you for your service to our team!

Well, weeks one and two I went out to a sports bar. I spent to much and came home pissed off. Weeks three an four I stayed home and listened on the game pass feed. Week three because of no faith and week four because of the Ryder Cup. Now I'm stuck home until they lose. Just doing my job !!!

what are going to do when they lose?

Well... Typically with the lucky shirts/jersey/hat/underwear/pre-game meals/ etc. combinations, I would consider 2 or more lossess or wins as a measure of failure or success. So, although its highly unlikely we lose again given I won't be watching, a single loss is factored into the equation.

I appreciate everyone's support. I may need some help when we're riding a 5 game win streak into the rematch with the cheaters. That will be difficult to stay away from! But until then.... Go Bills!

Dan - It's not you, it's me. For the first two weeks, I wore my Bills jersey while watching the game and we lost them both. For the last two weeks, I left the jerseys in the closet. My jerseys need to stay in the closet for the sake of the team. It's too bad, because they are the best damn jerseys in the league, but a fans gotta do what a fans gotta do.

FP

Me too! I stopped wearing a Bills jersey on game day the past two weeks. The idea was that I was recording the games, and did not want a complete stranger to see the logo and feel obliged to talk about the game I was not watching (yet).

Me too! I stopped wearing a Bills jersey on game day the past two weeks. The idea was that I was recording the games, and did not want a complete stranger to see the logo and feel obliged to talk about the game I was not watching (yet).

I've wore a Sabres hoodie the past two weeks.

I don't get Sunday Ticket because I hate buyers remorse, and that's what I'd have if I paid and they sucked all year.

So at the last minute, my wife & I decided to go to our "BILLS Bar." I'll have to say that their first long pass, that got called back, made me think that it would be a long afternoon, but after that, I was very happy that we decided to go, and actually see the game.

I'm another one of those who think that they do better when I don't watch, so it's always a dilemma.

I appreciate everyone's support. I may need some help when we're riding a 5 game win streak into the rematch with the cheaters. That will be difficult to stay away from! But until then.... Go Bills!

We will send someone over to duct tape you to a chair away from any TV's, then throw you in a locked bathroom like Kim Kardashian. Just remember to tell everyone you were being robbed by gunpoint when they find you.

My newborn daughter only knows the Bills as a winning organization. Since baptism washed away original sin - the Bills are 2-0. She's the favorite child now.

Get a vial of holy water from your church so you can reapply if needed.

So at the last minute, my wife & I decided to go to our "BILLS Bar." I'll have to say that their first long pass, that got called back, made me think that it would be a long afternoon, but after that, I was very happy that we decided to go, and actually see the game.

We will start a GoFundMe page to help in your expenses because you need to go to the bar now every Sunday, and sit in the same seat.

I've decided to adopt this practice, since it worked to well for Hondo. For the sake of the team, I will do whatever it takes. :thumbsup:

Is Hondo okay with you having relations with his wife before the game?

LoL... I may nerver again too!

I went to fire up the grill and noticed a mouse nest in it. YUCK! Holy phuck, has it been that long since we grilled? Well, one thing led to another, I tore the grill down to clean it and by the time I was done scrubbing and cleaning, it was 15:00.

BTW, I saved the baby field mice and Mama... Reintroduced then back the field behind house... The whole time, I kept thinking that this good deed better not go punished! You take a killer like Belicheat and he would have went nuclear on those mice... Babies and all. :-(

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

.... Although, I have streamed the WGR broadcast both weeks.. So I'm not completely tuned out.

Dan,

Just curious about what you mean by "streaming" the WGR broadcast. I've tried to listen to the games from the WGR website since the season opener ... but it's never worked, and I just assumed that was part of the "black out" (NFL wants us to pay for listening, like Sirius or something). It worked in the preseason just fine, but not the regular season ... at least for me.

Are you getting the radio feed some other way other than the WGR website? If you are successfully listening from the website, maybe I just need to update my Internet browser ....

I've not heard ANY of the first 4 games (have had to settle for Game Center on NFL.COM ... which pretty much sucks, but fan's gotta do what a fan's gotta do) ... but since they lost the first 2, I don't think a change in my gameday habits will make a difference in the outcome .... ;-)

GO BILLS!

Dan,

Just curious about what you mean by "streaming" the WGR broadcast. I've tried to listen to the games from the WGR website since the season opener ... but it's never worked, and I just assumed that was part of the "black out" (NFL wants us to pay for listening, like Sirius or something). It worked in the preseason just fine, but not the regular season ... at least for me.

Are you getting the radio feed some other way other than the WGR website? If you are successfully listening from the website, maybe I just need to update my Internet browser ....

I've not heard ANY of the first 4 games (have had to settle for Game Center on NFL.COM ... which pretty much sucks, but fan's gotta do what a fan's gotta do) ... but since they lost the first 2, I don't think a change in my gameday habits will make a difference in the outcome .... ;-)

GO BILLS!

Grab the Bills mobile app, it will stream WGR550 to your phone.

I feel the same way when I attend games in person. I have not seen the Bills win a west coast road game in 25 years. I've been going to every game in San Diego, Arizona, now the Bay Area for 25 years. Might have to skip the Raider game this year.. went to the last one and of course they lost which basically put the team out of the playoffs.