To be fair to Tyrod.....

Bill from NYC

it is not unreasonable to assume that he would have had a better showing if Sammy was healthy.

We all know that Sammy is a good player, and wr is a problem if they were all healthy.

Woods imo has morphed into a strange player. I saw him throw a nice block yesterday but he looked like his balance was off on other plays. Almost like he was intox, falling around, etc. And with teams forced to double Watkins, one would think he would be open more than he appears to be.

If Sammy is out for any length of time, this could very well be a top 5 team in the 2017 draft. Hopefully by then, Whaley will not have given away the rest of our picks.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense Bill, but I don't think this is a good take. Watkins played a fine game and by all accounts from those at the game was open often.

The offense ineptitude probably has more to do with not taking chances and playing into the defense, only taking what they give you.

Also, not sure how to blame some of Taylor's sailing throws on Watkins. Taylor was just off yesterday. Let's hope that doesn't continue or this will be a long year.

Edit: and now here's proof from the first offensive snap,

IdealisticMetallicHarborporpoise.gif

Edited by fridge

I have to disagree. Watching the receivers most of the game, they were usually within 10 yards of each other. The routes called just weren't great and were timing throws.

I didn't feel like Sammy was being held back in what he was doing. Not unless Sammy said "don't send me deep"

I said this in another post. The WR were just bunched together and eliminating half the field. Not good routes

Great having you here Bill.

Not sure what's happened to Woods, who despite poor QB play in 2013-14 looked like he'd be a good #2 WR. I'm also amazed they haven't figured out that targeting Clay more than 3 times a game.

Whaley owns this roster and has been given more than previous GM's to make them good. Rex shares some of the blame, but hasn't got the time in Buffalo like the GM does.

If Sammy is out for any length of time, this could very well be a top 5 team in the 2017 draft. Hopefully by then, Whaley will not have given away the rest of our picks.

If this is the case, it would be surprising to see Whaley (possibly Rex too) making the pick

it is not unreasonable to assume that he would have had a better showing if Sammy was healthy.

We all know that Sammy is a good player, and wr is a problem if they were all healthy.

Woods imo has morphed into a strange player. I saw him throw a nice block yesterday but he looked like his balance was off on other plays. Almost like he was intox, falling around, etc. And with teams forced to double Watkins, one would think he would be open more than he appears to be.

I want to know why they were constantly breaking the huddle with 10 seconds left...how does this give him and the OLine any time to make the proper checks?

Colin Cowherd- "The Buffalo Bills are so idiotic they gave contract extensions to Ryan Fitzpatrick and TYrod Taylor in August. They don't even know what they are doing"

When talking about how the best QB in the division that Brady had to compete against was Chad Pennington. He then went on to say we are clearly the 2nd worst team only behind the Brownies.

To be fair to Tyrod, he's the same qb he was in college.

He can make flashy plays but struggles with the easy stuff.

Well that's apparently what the ravens D game plan was right, keep TT in the pocket and make him be a QB. The only real play he made was when he broke containment and completed the pass downfield. And even then, the pass was very high.

I will respectfully disagree, as well. I think Tyrod had the worst start of his career. This seriously may have been worse than last year's TEN mess. I think he could have Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson in their primes and still end up dumping off or taking an ill-advised sack. I am having difficulty in blaming Roman, too. I think, in time, we'll find this year will be like last year - receivers will be open. Tyrod simply hasn't improved upon the things that held him back last year.

I have to disagree. Watching the receivers most of the game, they were usually within 10 yards of each other. The routes called just weren't great and were timing throws.

I didn't feel like Sammy was being held back in what he was doing. Not unless Sammy said "don't send me deep"

I said this in another post. The WR were just bunched together and eliminating half the field. Not good routes

I hate this about roman. He tries to make it easy for his QB - but if watkins isn't open, then nobody else is because they're all clustered on one side of the field. When it works, its great because its an easy read. When it doesn't work, your QB scrambles right and legit has no one to throw to.

Just a question. Tyrod had that one insane/magic escape from being sacked, then threw a great ball to Clay, who then grabbed a bunch of extra yards and almost got the TD. Other than that, where was Clay the rest of the game? Was he that well covered?

Bill I know you are a Tyrod fan and have big hopes for him... as do others here... and I myself like him.

But it comes down to this - he HAS to play better. He was bad yesterday and people can try and shift the blame wherever they like. Tyrod playing as he did yesterday is not worth what we are paying him.

I say give it to the end of week 3.

If we are (0-3)

If Tyrod has not improved with passes over 3 yards in the air.

If Tyrod is still showing indecisiveness, leading to either sacks or short-yardage gains.

Then it's time to sit him and let EJ play.

If we're (1-2) and Tyrod still hasn't improved, then I'd give him one more week and no more.

If we are (0-3)

If Tyrod is still showing indecisiveness, leading to either sacks or short-yardage gains.

If we're (1-2) and Tyrod still hasn't improved, then I'd give him one more week and no more.

EJ is a dead man walking. No way can his play salvage a bad start to a season. The Bills have a lot riding on Tyrod

And cannot make next years what 30 million dollar decision based on 3 games. Because EJ starting is clearly raising

A white flag on the season for no good reason. He is gone next year. There going to play Tyrod until the crap game plans

Finally expose the OC, or he gets hurt.

If we are (0-3)

I say if the Jets "make Tyrod be a QB" and he fails, then I'd give EJ one more go at it. After seeing EJ's progression under Roman/Lee, I'd like to see how he'd fair with the starters. At least we know EJ has the ability to throw between the hashes. Maybe he can make Charles Clay appear again. Edited by the skycap

EJ is a dead man walking. No way can his play salvage a bad start to a season. The Bills have a lot riding on Tyrod

And cannot make next years what 30 million dollar decision based on 3 games. Because EJ starting is clearly raising

A white flag on the season for no good reason. He is gone next year. There going to play Tyrod until the crap game plans

Finally expose the OC, or he gets hurt.

Yea right wish Ej would have played yesterday. Anything would have been better than halfrod's joke of a ' performance

Still a bum...and so is Gabbert and every other retread QB. If that is the QB you hang your franchise on, no bueno

Yea Alex Smith is a bum who won a playoff game last year and led a 21 point comeback yesterday.

What are you talking about ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Just a question. Tyrod had that one insane/magic escape from being sacked, then threw a great ball to Clay, who then grabbed a bunch of extra yards and almost got the TD. Other than that, where was Clay the rest of the game? Was he that well covered?

Not a great ball, very high and Clay made a nice catch.

Good to hear from you, Bill.

What happens when you shut down run first teams running game? It basically shuts down the entire current Bills offense. We saw this last year in that Tyrod had difficulty in taking over the offense with his arm when the run game sputtered. Conversely, when the run game was working well last year it allowed the passing game to work well too. I also feel the offense missed Hogan and his ability to get that first down.

McCoy rushing 16 carries for 58 yards, a 3.6 YPC AVG

Taylor rushing 5 carries for 11 yards, a 2.2 YPC AVG

Reggie Bush 3 carries for 4 yards, -1.3 YPC AVG doing his Spiller impression

Even with a Healthy Sammy at 110% it still isn't going to open up the offense that much IMHO. This year's offense reminds me of Chan Gailey's five wide sets with only Stevie Johnson as the only decent receiver... only Stevie was better at finding that seam in the defense. The fewer the really good receivers out on the field the more difficult task it is for the one good receiver to get open. Plus, with Tyrod's limited experience he usually needs to see the receiver open before he throws it.

Then there is my favorite complaint about the offensive line with three quality players and two duds on it and with nothing but scrubs as backup players. A more solid offensive line would help the Bills move the chains with the ground game. Remember that Lions game?

In Tyrod's defense. It's really not his fault if he looked rusty as hell after not playing most of the preseason as did Sammy and the rest of the offensive starters. Rex Ryan was so worried about getting his few star players injured in preseason that they didn't get enough playing time to be cohesive.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure the Jets will get a long look at the Bills-Ravens game tape and will copy what they saw the Ravens defense doing. Not to mention that the NY Jets defense managed to sack Andy Dalton 7x and the Bengals have a solid O-line. I'm kinda dreading watching what will happen to Tyrod and the Bills offense on Thursday night.

I miss your few thoughts post, Bill. But, if you feel better with fewer thoughts on this current coaching staff, FO then go right ahead and not think too much about them. I'm sure others will pick up the slack as the losses keep coming.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

roman needs to watch what Pats did with edleman. I hate the little prick but sucker got the ball a variety of ways in their first set of series. Why can we not devise a game plan to neutralize opposing defenses?

Why don't they try some of that with Goodwin? Maybe because Roman is in love with his run playbook and Rex thinks you need to set up the pass with the run.